Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 795

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1059410 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #2595 on: June 17, 2016, 06:54:27 am »

Breivik didn't go into a school and start shooting children at random, he was targeting the youth leagues of the centre-left party (so, teenagers and young adults, less than half of the Utoya victims were minors, most of them 16 or 17). His target was the future leadership of the party.

So yeah, I do see a parallel between a far-right asshole shooting the future leadership of a center-left party he sees as pro-immigration and a far-right asshole shooting a pro-refugees MP of a center-left party. Although to be fair, that only assuming he went after Jo Cox for her immigration positions, which is a bit early to tell.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: June 17, 2016, 07:42:01 am »

A less effective Breivik one might say.

No.
Can't compare a lone extremist killing a politician with a nazi monster who killed dozens of children and wrote a whole manifesto announcing and defending it.
Teenagers involved in politics are not children.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: June 17, 2016, 07:50:22 am »

A less effective Breivik one might say.

No.
Can't compare a lone extremist killing a politician with a nazi monster who killed dozens of children and wrote a whole manifesto announcing and defending it.
Teenagers involved in politics are not children.

In fact they are.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 17, 2016, 07:56:07 am »

Depends on how you define 'children'. A simple age cutoff is a bit too unsophisticated, methinks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:32 am »

I'm quite sure the cutoff for children is at 18 years after that they become young adults.
You could go by the age of puberty but if you go with that then... well would you say a 14 year old is not a child?

Still point was that Breivik specifically targeted UNDERAGE people and that's fucking reprehensible no matter if they had 8 12 or 16 yers under their belt.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: June 17, 2016, 08:36:29 am »

Would you all be applauding him if the camp was for adults? I don't think it matters whether or not they were children, teenagers, young adults or whatever.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: June 17, 2016, 08:41:51 am »

We'd cheer for him as much as we cheered for Omar Mateen. (Not at all.)
Self promotion below.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: June 17, 2016, 08:46:25 am »

Sorry, I was just a bit frustrated y'all were arguing what constitutes a child when he killed 77 people. He's an evil bastard for that, never mind if any of them were children.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: June 17, 2016, 09:14:47 am »

Well even muslims consider killing children as more of a sin than killing adults.
There's this "protect the children" instinct in all of us. so killing 10 adults is bad but killing 10 children is even worse in the eyes of most of us.
Self promotion below.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: June 17, 2016, 09:27:37 am »

Well even muslims consider killing children as more of a sin than killing adults.
There's this "protect the children" instinct in all of us. so killing 10 adults is bad but killing 10 children is even worse in the eyes of most of us.
What about killing armed hitlerjugends in WW2? Was it worse than killing adult German soldiers?

They are politicians and this make them a legitimate target for political terrorism.

Before you ask: No, I don't think that Breivik had any reason to do that. Norway is a democratic country and requires no terrorism for political struggle. Oh, and one who dragged children in politics (a very nasty place to be) share the guilt of their death.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:03 am »

There is a rather large difference between shooting armed children who WILL shoot you and shooting underage political activists.
When you arm kids and force/brainwash them into becoming child soldiers you EXPECT them getting shot and killed AND force your opponent into child killing (because what other choice do they have exactly?).

How does that even marginally compare?

You could say those kids were "political soldiers" but you don't bring a warhammer into o fencing tournament and no one forces you to bash in the skull of your competitor.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 09:55:56 am by Sonlirain »
Self promotion below.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: June 17, 2016, 10:13:32 am »

Ok, anyway, everyone agree that he was an asshole, a semantic discussion on what is a kid wont help.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: June 17, 2016, 10:30:41 am »

Doctors Without Borders decided today that they will no longer accept funding from the EU, or from any member state of the EU. Starting immediatly, they will boycot all EU funds.
According to their secretary-general Jêrome Oberreit, the reason for this is, that they think the EU refugee policy is failing.
"This is about being ashamed for refugees in Europe. The EU policy's most important component is keeping refugees out", he said.

The direct cause for the decision was the fact that the EU is preparing to make similar deals with other countries in the Middle East and Africa, like the one they made with Turkey, which was strongly opposed by DWB.
According to DWB, the financial aid paid to Turkey as agreed in the deal, is only a reward for improved border control and stopping refugees.
"Nothing about the refugee agreement is even only slightly humanitarian, this has to be contested.", Oberreit says.
"We cannot both take money from the EU, and aid victims of their refugee policy at the same time".

DWB argues that the refugee deal sets a dangerous precedent. Last week, the European Commission announced that they are preparing to make deals with 16 more countries in Africa and the Middle East, to both stop and take back refugees, in exchange for developmental aid.
Amongst those 16 countries are Sudan, Eritreia, Somalia and Afghanistan.
These 4 countries are the top 4 of refugee generating countries in the world.

"Is the only thing Europe has to offer to refugees, to stay in the countries they are desperatly trying to escape?" Oberreit asks.

It is estimated that the refusal of EU and EU member state funding will costs DWB 50 million Euro per year.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/artsen-zonder-grenzen-weigert-vanaf-nu-eu-geld-vluchtelingenbeleid-faalt~a4322272/

Personally, I think this is dumb. Doctors need to care about their patients, not about politics. 50 million euros equals a lot of dead people that did not get their aid. Plus, the refugee crisis is a global problem. I wonder if they stop accepting funding from Australia, Canada, Russia, most of Asia, most rich Arab countries, basically all countries that don't welcome refugees at all, too. Bit hypocritical to specifically scapegoat EU funds there.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:32:38 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: June 17, 2016, 10:34:02 am »

Personally, I think this is dumb. Doctors need to care about their patients, not about politics. Plus, the refugee crisis is a global problem. I wonder if they stop accepting funding from Australia, Canada, Russia, most of Asia, most rich Arab countries, basically all countries that don't welcome refugees at all, too. Bit hypocritical to specifically scapegoat EU funds there.
That was literally my thoughts as I was reading before I noticed this bit. Might just be poorly considered grandstanding, but it seems like something iffy is going on behind the scenes.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: June 17, 2016, 10:39:59 am »

Personally, I think this is dumb. Doctors need to care about their patients, not about politics. Plus, the refugee crisis is a global problem. I wonder if they stop accepting funding from Australia, Canada, Russia, most of Asia, most rich Arab countries, basically all countries that don't welcome refugees at all, too. Bit hypocritical to specifically scapegoat EU funds there.
That was literally my thoughts as I was reading before I noticed this bit. Might just be poorly considered grandstanding, but it seems like something iffy is going on behind the scenes.

This, also I find the solution of the European Commission a lot better than letting thousands drown on the Mediterranean Sea every year, which is literally the situation we have now and will continue too have if we allow refugees to enter by boat.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 795