Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1006867 times)

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1530 on: April 02, 2016, 06:11:54 pm »

It's really quite ironic that these people tend to hide behind a moniker of a "nationalist" most of the time, because such a world-view pretty much requires a deep lack of trust in their own nation.
In my case, it is a deep lack of trust that the internationalist agenda will not result in violent revolt and war that will kill countless thousands of innocent people. There are millions of people in Europe who will not accept the destruction of their cultural and national identities, and will fight to preserve them. Perhaps we should not poke the bear.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:14:34 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 02, 2016, 06:18:17 pm »

There are millions of people in Europe who will not accept the destruction of their cultural and national identities, and will fight to preserve them.
Disclaimer: I have no stake either way in this matter. With that out of the way, could you, perhaps, try to back such claims with statistics? It's really easy to use "millions have position X", and in fact it is used with quite some regularity, to try to strengthen an argument without actually backing that number.

Just... post some polls or something.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 02, 2016, 06:22:55 pm »

I thought nationalism was something akin to American 'exceptionalism' or being patriotic, or something.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 02, 2016, 06:31:54 pm »

See, the trick is to turn immigrants into patriots too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 02, 2016, 06:32:23 pm »

Nacionalism can range from "I love my country" to "outsiders are a threat to our existence".
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 02, 2016, 06:34:31 pm »

I thought nationalism was something akin to American 'exceptionalism' or being patriotic, or something.
Nationalism is generally considred to be the idea that peoples of the same cultural and ethnic background should be the ones in charge of their country rather than others. It generally went hand hand in hand with forming said cultures, for example, most people in Italy did not speak modern Italian when Italy formed as a nation driven by nationalism. Before then it was Sardinian effectively. It was generally a leading force from the late 1800's to a little past the first world war in countries forming beyond colonialism, and it stands in contrast with Imperialism and Communism, where one would put ruling others as their responsibility to civilize and the other would be the idea that the working class should have political power until the communist revolution was complete.

Although in a sense I would argue that American 'exceptionalism' is a form of nationalism, but that's the subject of another topic.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 02, 2016, 06:34:50 pm »

There are millions of people in Europe who will not accept the destruction of their cultural and national identities, and will fight to preserve them.
Disclaimer: I have no stake either way in this matter. With that out of the way, could you, perhaps, try to back such claims with statistics? It's really easy to use "millions have position X", and in fact it is used with quite some regularity, to try to strengthen an argument without actually backing that number.

Just... post some polls or something.
For one thing, there is considerable support for the Front National among the French military and police: http://www.liberation.fr/direct/element/plus-de-50-des-policiers-et-militaires-ont-vote-fn-en-2015_28175/

That's 200,000 or so likely people right there, working for the government of a single European country. Of course, that number is likely to increase if nothing changes. Overall FN support in France was about 7 million last election, and this is just France. There are a lot of nationalists in Europe these days, and their numbers will only grow.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 06:38:26 pm by Morrigi »
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 02, 2016, 06:42:27 pm »

That is 0.303% of the current population of France (66 million or so). I guess you can say that millions of people would support such a thing, but Europe has hundreds of millions of people in there, making millions  kinda  a drop in the bucket. (Current Europop is about 730 million)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 02, 2016, 06:50:57 pm »

> writes a definition of nationalism
> is contradicted by example of USA
> ignores because USA isn't in Europe

I think there are lessons to be learned, in both directions. Like, say, "gee, ostracizing people and denying them equality really isn't working so great" or "stimulus works far better than austerity" or "the FBI seems to have great success with entrapment!" (Ok, maybe that one isn't such a good lesson)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1539 on: April 02, 2016, 09:03:01 pm »

I don't see any internationalist rats. I just see a realist giving a fair warning.
I grow bored of pointing this out but the EU has been sabotaging the borders of European countries, threatening European countries who enforce their borders for as long as it's been able and has been pursuing policies for diversity for diversity's sake. Perhaps I should not even specify the EU, as this is just one component of the larger progressive moment that merely gained new toys with the European Union to play with. It is a plan achieving fruition. It was guest workers, it was a multicultural experiment, it was a Mediterranean boat crisis, it was an open asylum process, it was a libyan war, it was a syrian war e.t.c.
This is another globalist, making diversity for all nations, even those in the most remote regions of the planet. Why? Fuck you, diversity. Those in the UK will be familiar that our Labour gov under New Labour actively sought migrants from abroad for mass migration for the sole purpose of permanently changing the ethnic makeup of Britain, why? Because they wanted to permanently change the ethnic makeup of Britain for diversity. It's a very confusing thought process, but they hold diversity to be an inherent virtue and so pursue it irregardless of the consequences.
Or again, because it must bear repetition if it must, Germany. Why does Merkel block the classification of the Balkans as safe, whilst saying multiculturalism has failed? Why did she approve an open asylum border across all of Europe when even in her home country, the majority had said migration had gone too far? Why is it after she said Germany had to arrest the rate of migration she adopted the Samson plan, which would once more stop other European nations in addition to Germany from stopping this migration? How can she talk in one sentence of Germany losing her social core, and in the next plan for merely replacing illegal mass migration with regular legal mass migration?
How many decades, how many countries, how many politicians, how many speakers, how many think tanks, how many Guardian ops, how much does it take to show they did it on purpose and are proud of it? I know the ESI are proud of their timeline, I may seek to add to theirs.

Can you honestly hear him talking about peaceful Europe with a straight face in the age where our peaceful cities are bombed by terror cells we had ample warning were coming home? Where police will cover up the most horrendous atrocities in numbers that should be impossible because they do not want to harm the narrative, and rather than expose it the media will collude with them with Councillors - threatening victims with lethal and legal consequences? This is the Europe they made, that they want to preserve? Haha, I mean we need only look at how 26 years ago the notion of Europeans being replaced in Europe was laughable, impossible, the stuff of jokes, 10 years ago it had already happened in major cities like London, 1 year ago even for smaller counties like Skåne, to today where in 3 years by current rates (which are increasing), Germany as a whole nation could well be minority German once the over 20s die.
This is no realist giving a fair warning, this is the man in charge warning those who wish to stop him that they will fail, for his ilk are now so powerful they need not pretend anymore. That his opponents are now also powerful enough to stop his ilk's projects just makes things more interesting. One need only look at how they went from reframing the multicutural experiment to the refugee crisis, to changing the stats on the refugee crisis to diminish its impact as much as possible, to just outright having the most powerful bureaucrat in Europe saying you cannot reject diversity or your society will be brought down.

The thing I hate about this is they never asked anyone honestly if they wanted this, they decided it was best for them and they and their descendants would live with it for their ambition, and they would only reveal their intentions once everything could no longer be undone. I remember writing a few years earlier of how Europeans only wanted to act when it was out of their power to act, it seems I was wrong. I had thought the root cause was apathy, but over the years it just became abundantly clear that the same progressive school of thought that ran my nation runs Europe and beyond, and that European politicians acting only when it was out of their power to act has merely been the product of deliberate self-sabotage, with this going back before even 2013, before even 2008, before even 2000.

Also rather disturbing, Europe is easily diversified as there are few Europeans and what few are left are cancerous, but what is their plan for the likes of the Chinese?

In my case, it is a deep lack of trust that the internationalist agenda will not result in violent revolt and war that will kill countless thousands of innocent people. There are millions of people in Europe who will not accept the destruction of their cultural and national identities, and will fight to preserve them. Perhaps we should not poke the bear.
Perhaps Eastern Europe, but the number of apathetic Europeans and supportive ones, especially amongst the heavily Uni-educated youth are both without ability or desire, being in favour of the internationalist agenda. I have long maintained that Europe's future will not be Europeans vs Migrants, but Migrants vs Migrants, as Europeans outside of the East are irrelevant, a mass of atoms. Irregardless, if any troubles go down it will be as civil decay, not war. The usual terrorism, honour killings, authoritarian ineptitude, ethnic tension and non-consensual enrichment that will result in the deaths of innocent factions killing innocent factions whilst the people who started it all lie long dead, probably having died peacefully in their sleep in a comfy American villas from old age. No matter what comes of newEurope, it cannot get to fighting, if it gets to that everyone loses. We can deal with rivers of blood as long as they don't become permanent fixtures, and fighting will not stop globalists at all. There is also the issue of what everyone is fighting for, what is at stake. For the most wealthy of European nations I think fighting over culture and national identity is at this point a mistake (hahaha the Swedenats getting attacked by Swedes after becoming progressive is hilarious). Least of all because the cultures at stake are not worth preserving for the cost of going up against gargantuan globalists (the intellectual elite have too much control over culture, unless you're a slav) and the national identities currentyearuope has created are frankly, retarded and designed for infighting and manipulation (yeah, unless you think it's important getting in the arena with Jihadists, Nazis and Progressives over who gets to call themselves Belgian). Haha, had that revelation when people shat on Britain for not integrating its Muslims enough, and when I looked into it our Jihadists were wealthy, well-educated and very clearly of British culture (complaining that native Arabs stole their shoes, roflmao). It's a fight worth fighting yeah, but you don't fight Stalin and Hitler at the same time, pick priorities. I place the priority on survival, first and foremost.

Put genetics, culture, history, religion, national identity, what else have you and chuck it all aside. The most important thing for a country is that it survives and prospers, is free from the paralysis of terrorism, corruption and crime, and that its people can conduct civil society without fear of their children being kidnapped. This is something which unites everyone, survival instinct. It's why our migrant, working class, middle class and financial class dropped progressives like a poison napalm potato, because all four are united by a common desire to make bread, eat bread, give bread and go on about life. Arrest the collapse of social care, the European economy, the rule of law and then, only then argue over all of the former. I do not believe there is any room at all to waste time fighting over things already lost.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Couldn't help myself  ;D

I always say you're never too late for damage control. There is a lot of opportunity for new Europe, any victories on the former shit will be pointless if the underlying system that got us here does not merely reproduce itself.
Banter is now in some parrts of Europe seen as a threat. Banter comes with challenges. But banter is humanity's destiny. There is not going to be, even in the remotest places of this planet, a nation that will not see banter in its future. That's where humanity is heading. And those politicians trying to sell to their electorates, a society that is exclusively composed of Unidruges of from one gulag, are trying to portray a future based on anti-banter that never existed, therefore that future will never be. Europe will be cheeki, like all other parts of the world will be breeki, the only question is how do we deal with that chikki brikki. And my answer to that is by ensuring that our ethics determine how we deal with banter, and not giving up our ethics to refuse banter. That will bring us down as a society, if we don't get this right, I truly believe Europe will not remain the Europe her ancestors built. Europe will not remain the religion of peace and freedom for very long.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 03, 2016, 03:41:11 am »

Simpler said than done.
Love, scriver~

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 03, 2016, 04:07:39 am »

Simpler said than done.
USA has managed that. Europe should be able to do that, as well. Otherwise, we would have to agree that Europe is somehow inferior to USA in conversion ability, and I know the resident "nationalists" won't accept that.

Really, if Russia was behaving like modern "nationalists" say their countries should behave (i.e. maximize the percentage of "your own culture" at all costs, including shutting down the borders and throwing all "other" people out, in order to "preserve" and "defend" it against the Enemy, i.e. Muslim hordes) throughout the history, our territory, population and, ironically, culture baggage would be, like, 90% smaller.

You know why the last one? Because most of Russian culture is a result of contact with other cultures. Hell, the region where my father is from, Stavropol', has its local culture of cossacks steal appropriate more than half of its culture traits from people that were living nearby (i.e. Circassians, Georgians, and others), and seamlessly integrate it with the rest of Russian ones. And that's characteristic of most of our border regions, really (if you account that most of them are now their own independent states...) - Russians, throughout the history, weren't shy of absorbing things from the others, if they found them pretty and useful.

I mean, our first postal system design has been stolen appropriated from Mongols wholesale. Our first guns and stone architecture designs has been stolen appropriated (with help of invited Italian and German engineers) from European states. Our first fleet's designs and the complementary production systems were stolen appropriated by Petr the First from the Netherlands. And that list can be continued for a long, long time.

But modern European "nationalists" somehow think that their own little cultures are above being changed.
._.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 03, 2016, 04:55:26 am »

I personally think that the rise of the concept of the nation-state was one of the worst mistakes ever made by civilisation.

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 03, 2016, 06:20:28 am »

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 03, 2016, 06:35:44 am »

Political correctness aside i'd like to point out that even the Borg didn't want to assimilate the Kazon.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 793