Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72606 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:12 pm »

I'd imagine it depends on the deity.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 14, 2016, 10:03:41 pm »

It also offers an opportunity to start over. Like not being imprisoned :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 14, 2016, 10:04:31 pm »

It'd literally be just the planets and vegatation vir dident know enough about the world to import everything anyway.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 14, 2016, 10:08:39 pm »

((Outside of combat and hostile attention, agents can probably be assumed to be on some sort of life support from their gods))
Does this mean that if Henrietta is attacked while out in the void, the life support will cut out and she'll immediately explode due to vacuum?

We voted not to import the old universe, it would be annoying from a meta standpoint to import it yourself...
It also would be acceptable from an in-character point of view. Why wouldn't the old gods want to bring their old universe?

1. Probably not. Things don't explode in vacuums, especially not people  ::). TV tropes has a short explanation on it, and I know you like that sight. Also, why would the life support go away if they are attacked?
2. I know. It would also be annoying.

In fact, my character didn't finish Yaos off after the dozen times I killed him because I felt it would be more annoying to permakill him from a meta standpoint. Yaos kept doing stupid stuff that made me kill him again from both IC and OOC perspectives  ::).

3. I can say something annoys me if it annoys me. Having a vote on something overridden is generally annoying to me.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:11:07 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #304 on: January 14, 2016, 10:11:14 pm »

$$$Response
AbstractTraitorHero: Assuming you trawl through the thread yourself for stuff, as much as it would normally cost (plus the proposal and stuff in the case of the planets)

Andres: Assuming you trawl through the thread yourself for stuff, as much as it would normally cost

This quarter, I can't really justify spending time picking through a thread for barely any new content (not to mention converting if it comes to that)

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 14, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »

Slightly Magical: Can only use one school of magic
Are all members of the race with this trait able to use magic or are the 1 in 5 only able to use one school?

1. Probably not. Things don't explode in vacuums, especially not people  ::).
I know, I was just making a point. Thanks for the link, though.

Also, why would the life support go away if they are attacked?
((Outside of combat and hostile attention, agents can probably be assumed to be on some sort of life support from their gods))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 14, 2016, 10:14:30 pm »

There's no specified way to increase flux caps. Is this an oversight?
Does creating more than one population unit of a race cost proportionally more action points?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 14, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »

Andres: Assuming you trawl through the thread yourself for stuff, as much as it would normally cost
So the price for the creation in YG2 will be the same in YGL? Or do you just mean there won't be an import surcharge?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:17:58 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 14, 2016, 10:22:30 pm »

So the price for the creation in YG2 will be the same in YGL? Or do you just mean there won't be an import surcharge?

He means "I'm not going to go back through the last game and price check everything. Do it yourself you lazy bumb." Basically, you would be making a new thing with the same design as the old thing. Just pricecheck your creations with the new rules, even if they are supposed to be old designs. They cost exactly the same as if they where completely different creations.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #309 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:50 pm »

Andres: Slightly magical: The majority can use one single magic school, the minority can use any magic school
        Price for creation from YG2: There won't be an import surcharge save the effort of having to browse through YG2 looking for stuff and importing it. The costs are, of course, YGL costs for equivalent creations.

ShadowDragon: Flux: Not an oversight (but, as usual, subject to petition for change). 20F ought to be enough for anybody.
        Action points, races: The cost listed is per population unit

Andres and Stirk: Probably the owning god just spends a trickle of Flux on the miracle of oxygen/chlorine/other breathing requirement if someone or something engages the agent

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 14, 2016, 10:31:27 pm »

Andres and Stirk: Probably the owning god just spends a trickle of Flux on the miracle of oxygen/chlorine/other breathing requirement if someone or something engages the agent
Couldn't a rival god simply oppose that trickle of Flux with their own trickle of Flux or a veto? Also, if gods automatically pay this much attention to their agents, does that mean that the Emperor theoretically couldn't get assassinated and replaced by Tykki in this game?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:35:00 pm by Andres »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #311 on: January 14, 2016, 10:34:36 pm »

Yes, a rival could stop the flow at 1.5x the base cost (which can itself be canceled at 2.3x the base cost)

Also, it's not entirely automatic

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 14, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »

Couldn't a rival god simply oppose that trickle of Flux with their own trickle of Flux or a veto? Also, if gods automatically pay this much attention to their agents, does that mean that the Emperor theoretically couldn't get assassinated and replaced by Tykki in this game?

And aside from that, Tykki had dozens of essence worth of Stealth capabilities....

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 14, 2016, 10:38:16 pm »

Yes, a rival could stop the flow at 1.5x the base cost (which can itself be canceled at 2.3x the base cost)
Well what's the base cost? Is it dependent on physical characteristics like size (which consumes more oxygen) or the quality of the agent or other things?

And aside from that, Tykki had dozens of essence worth of Stealth capabilities....
But the Emperor didn't and his screams/spurts of blood would've alerted me if I'd been looking directly at him with my own eyes.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 14, 2016, 10:41:44 pm »

Will you stop bothering KJP with "What if" posts? This is like your fifth one. If you are not planning on assaulting Henrietta, then it doesn't matter and the planet will be made fairly soon. If you are, then it is absolutely stupid to do this where I can see  ::).

But the Emperor didn't and his screams/spurts of blood would've alerted me if I'd been looking directly at him with my own eyes.

She was very stealthy.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 71