Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72604 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #195 on: January 13, 2016, 05:02:20 pm »

I was going for google's definition of depravity...
Quote from: From Google
moral corruption; wickedness.
"a tale of wickedness and depravity"
synonyms:   corruption, vice, perversion, deviance, degeneracy, immorality, debauchery, dissipation, profligacy, licentiousness, lechery, prurience, obscenity, indecency; More
a wicked or morally corrupt act.
See what I meant?

Bolded some of the more problematic parts of that  :P. Why not just go with "Moral Corruption" or "Wickedness" then?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 13, 2016, 05:11:56 pm »

synonyms:   corruption, vice, perversion, deviance, degeneracy, immorality, debauchery, dissipation, profligacy, licentiousness, lechery, prurience, obscenity, indecency; More
See what I meant?

Bolded some of the more problematic parts of that  :P. Why not just go with "Moral Corruption" or "Wickedness" then?
I italicized What you are referencing, The Synonyms section does NOT count as the definition of the word.
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 13, 2016, 05:18:30 pm »

See what I meant?

I italicized What you are referencing, The Synonyms section does NOT count as the definition of the word.

No, but they do imply what its meaning is. You aren't going to find a word like "Justice" in a synonym like that, it helps show the connotation the word has. And the real problem with the word is its connotation.

**EDIT**

Also, it kinda does. Synonyms are words with the same/similar meaning  :-\. Which is why they are in the dictionary you referenced in the first place. If they weren't part of defining the word, they wouldn't be there.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 05:28:24 pm by Stirk »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 13, 2016, 08:14:00 pm »

Can we not do a morality sphere? There are too many opinions about it for it to really be effective. RP-wise, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 13, 2016, 09:39:05 pm »

I don't see why not.

Just have them be deluded as to there being objective grounds for morality, or be the god of moral actions as decided upon by secret sub-universe aggregation mechanism for each race and/or community individually. Or when people feel like they're being moral, with the more strongly they feel that, the more powerful(people do, in fact, take actions which they do not think are necessarily moral, as long as they feel they're justified anyway). And have it be completely unknown to anyone which of these it is so the system can't be gamed.

I also see even my votes are hidden :P
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 13, 2016, 11:10:01 pm »

I don't see why not.

Just have them be deluded as to there being objective grounds for morality, or be the god of moral actions as decided upon by secret sub-universe aggregation mechanism for each race and/or community individually. Or when people feel like they're being moral, with the more strongly they feel that, the more powerful(people do, in fact, take actions which they do not think are necessarily moral, as long as they feel they're justified anyway). And have it be completely unknown to anyone which of these it is so the system can't be gamed.

I also see even my votes are hidden :P

Looks like someone is trying to defend being the "God Of Good" again  ::).

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 13, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »

I don't see your point.

I mostly meant 'can't be gamed' as in 'the god can't make it so they're the god of whatever they feel like' sortsa shenanigans.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 13, 2016, 11:24:56 pm »

I don't see your point.

I mostly meant 'can't be gamed' as in 'the god can't make it so they're the god of whatever they feel like' sortsa shenanigans.

I'm saying that you wouldn't see the point, because you already played a God with a morality sphere. So any argument you bring up for it just sounds like defending your past actions, especially when we had some arguments back then about what exactly constituted "Good" and the general mild annoyance that went with it. At least, to me it does.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 13, 2016, 11:28:31 pm »

Let's just...stop talking about this please? I don't want to read through another morality flame war.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 13, 2016, 11:29:03 pm »

You were the only person who seemed to have a problem with it.

I was talking about a morality sphere though; Good I just had him think there was some platonic ideal form of good as a separate plane. I don't really feel the need to defend my actions, I just don't think it's bad to have a god of 'good'. For one thing, it creates the most delightful bickering.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2016, 11:30:27 pm »

One can only be as good as their peers judge them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2016, 11:42:10 pm »

Let's just...stop talking about this please? I don't want to read through another morality flame war.

I find myself agreeing with Andres. An odd sensation :P

Sersly, though, please don't do the morality thing again, I'm sorry I brought it up :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2016, 11:57:14 pm »

Sersly, though, please don't do the morality thing again, I'm sorry I brought it up :o

Fine. As long as we all acknowledge that this is entirely your fault.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2016, 12:06:18 am »

Fine. As long as we all acknowledge that this is entirely your fault.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I find that to be an acceptable state of affairs. If the debate continues, you're at fault.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:33:51 am by hector13 »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 14, 2016, 01:16:03 am »

...I have no idea what you meant by that quote there  :-\.

And since I have been posting way to much due to boredom, time to make this post more constructive!

Since Humans are out of the way, I might as well finish off the other standard fantasy races, forcing everyone to at least come up with new names  :P.

Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 71