Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Scale worship output by race cost? (changes will be applied retroactively)

No (flat 0.3E/T/u, break-even times 3T, 5T, 8T, 13T, 19T) (pro: Balances T4-based agents, contra: Takes forever to break even)
- 6 (33.3%)
Yes (1/3 creation cost/T, break-even times 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T, 3T) (pro: 3x break-even ratio preserved, contra: Low-tier races useless)
- 2 (11.1%)
Yes ((tier + 1)/3, break-even times 3T, 6T, 8T, 10T, 12T) (pro: Maximizes above two's strengths? contra: Maximizes above two's weaknesses?)
- 9 (50%)
Yes (other scale posted in thread)
- 1 (5.6%)
Yes (another scale posted in thread)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71

Author Topic: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]  (Read 72580 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Gods Lite OOC [Open]
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2016, 01:22:45 am »

I was signalling my energetic agreement by using a gif of Andrew Scott giving the double thumbs up in... something on BBC Three. Presumably a crap sitcom.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2016, 01:30:23 am »

But you also changed what I said :P, well you added to it.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2016, 01:34:11 am »

Uh...

No I didn't. Really. I didn't.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2016, 02:52:36 am »

Spoiler: Trolls (click to show/hide)

Unusually, I already have two more race ideas. Tiny feral "Goblins", and large quadruped "Greater Trolls".

We'll see if I ever puzzle out traits and a description for them...

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2016, 04:27:16 am »

...I have no idea what you meant by that quote there  :-\.

And since I have been posting way to much due to boredom, time to make this post more constructive!

Since Humans are out of the way, I might as well finish off the other standard fantasy races, forcing everyone to at least come up with new names  :P.

Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarves (click to show/hide)
Those are not elves or dwarves.
This is just making you seem edgy.

And "forcing everyone to at least come up with new names", that seems like a moot point. As if I remember correctly, not even half the names used in these sorts of games are standard fantasy creature names.
Most are either weird names with no meaning, mythological names, descriptive names, or descriptive names in another language (can overlap with mythological names).

You're not helping, you're just being a jerk.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2016, 04:36:14 am »

Has it taken you this long to realize that about Stirk? :P

I think last game we had humans, elves and dwarves. There was not a great deal of invention in how they worked either (I think the dwarves took the Skyrim route of being underground Elves)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2016, 04:38:12 am »

And since I have been posting way to much due to boredom, time to make this post more constructive!

Since Humans are out of the way, I might as well finish off the other standard fantasy races, forcing everyone to at least come up with new names  :P.

...You don't know what a dwarf is do you,hell you don't even know what a elf is and honestly if you are going to make a damn dwarf or elf make a dwarf or elf not some.... abomination....also post to watch.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2016, 04:40:44 am »

Not gonna join stranger?

EDIT: technically, dwarves and elves are interchangeable...or at least in their origin myths. I think.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2016, 04:45:25 am »

Im actually tempted to join but....i don't really want to F up as they say so im a little nevious,which is ironic since i know how to play dwarf fortress and survive to year five with no issues,if i do join im probably going to be the same goddess i made for a different form game where you are a god...
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2016, 04:48:53 am »

Pfft, these guys are so unoriginal* they're just using the gods they had in the previous version, you'll be fine.

*may be indulging in hyperbole to make a funny

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2016, 04:53:44 am »

Yah, go right ahead.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2016, 05:08:27 am »

Screw it im doing it,now lets all hope i don't fail....horribly

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:00:21 am by piratejoe »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2016, 05:55:39 am »

Friendly with mortals, huh? Might get along well with Eid, then.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2016, 09:21:21 am »

And Vir
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2016, 10:44:21 am »

I was actually using those names as a joke, I was going to name the "elves" Canavar and the "dwarves" Molla. But now that I saw the reaction I think I'll keep the old ones :p.

Those are not elves or dwarves.
This is just making you seem edgy.

And "forcing everyone to at least come up with new names", that seems like a moot point. As if I remember correctly, not even half the names used in these sorts of games are standard fantasy creature names.
Most are either weird names with no meaning, mythological names, descriptive names, or descriptive names in another language (can overlap with mythological names).

You're not helping, you're just being a jerk.

Yes, that is the point. They aren't Dwarves or Elves, so if someone wants to make Dwarves or Elves they will have to change the base Dwarf/Elf up a bit. Maybe most names are unique, but the exception seems to be the Standard Fantasy Races. In every game so far, someone has made them with almost no changes from the completely overdone stereotype. I find that boring. If I can get the amount of uniquish names up to 100%, I'd be happy. I was never pretending to help, we all know I'm kinda a troll  :P.

Has it taken you this long to realize that about Stirk? :P

I think last game we had humans, elves and dwarves. There was not a great deal of invention in how they worked either (I think the dwarves took the Skyrim route of being underground Elves)

We have had Humans and Dwarves  in literally every Ye Gods so far (including Litany). Some kind of Elf are in most of them, too. Some of them have some unique changes, the Night Elves in the original where much different from standard for example. The Dwarves are almost universally vanilla with almost no description, the last game naming them elves helped out a little bit. The Humans where universally as vanilla as possible and caused by Andres (The first game we had to make Humans to wake up his God in the first place, otherwise he was the one making them  ::)).

...You don't know what a dwarf is do you,hell you don't even know what a elf is and honestly if you are going to make a damn dwarf or elf make a dwarf or elf not some.... abomination....also post to watch.

No I don't! Is the answer "Boring, uninspired, derivative, overdone, and unimaginative"? The whole point was I am not going to make a dwarf or elf. Is it really that big a deal that I took the name for something that isn't your ideal "Dwarf" or "Elf"?

Im actually tempted to join but....i don't really want to F up as they say so im a little nevious,which is ironic since i know how to play dwarf fortress and survive to year five with no issues,if i do join im probably going to be the same goddess i made for a different form game where you are a god...

You'll be fine, there is no reason to be nervous! What is the worse that can happen? Its just a game.

Friendly with mortals, huh? Might get along well with Eid, then.

Anyone want to place a bet about how long it will take Eid to get involved in a bloody war? Judging by past games, I would say two ticks.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 71