Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: RTD horrors 2: Finish him. game 1 turn 22  (Read 42049 times)

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring lovecraft antagonist
    • View Profile
turn 13
« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2016, 08:08:38 pm »

Have the 80 normal cultists do the summoning ritual, the best author among my cultists is to write a holy book for the Tax Goat, the five high places cultists are to put ad campaigns for the Tax Goat, and the Tax Goat shall Tax away a large underground bunker from some doomsday prepper.
1: You have 80 visitors.
1: While thinking of ideas for the book one of them mutters "Ya know, Tax Goat looks kind of like the devil, how to spin this, how to spin this..." as a priest passed within earshot, the book sold well and burnt wonderfully.
No roll: you aren't able to get within 50 feet or even a measly physical plane.
-PR, 80 cultists banished

I: attempt to Convince the Balrog to join my cult.
mafia underlings: "Borrow" skyies nuke, we wont return it.
K inquisitors: start assembling my helicopters... this will get messy...
100 Cultists: start looking for books of magic, particularly: Blood magic....
other 100: Get me doctors, STAT!

6: "Ok! can you fix the ceiling you broke through? And replace the gold plates and cutlery you melted down and sold? And fix the plumbing? The magma's tepid. And evict this tiny creepy squatter, he keeps rubbing and muttering to something, prolly a dead rat, or a live one...
3: they drag it for a minute or two then watch cat videos for the rest of the day, just like me and making updates.
6: HELICOPTERS!!!!!!!! SO MANY!! WRENCH! HYDROCUTTER!! PRODUCTIONLINE!!! BUILD! BUILD! BUILD!
2: They get a small tome that meticulously details how to apply a bandage, the fact that this counts as blood magic to your cultists probably means that you need some new ones, also the bandage the book refers to has already been used.
4: They get a friendly xenobiologist/nurse to treat the wounds, he got paid by being allowed to publish his findings.
No longer wounded, can recruit balrog(need to spend a few turns personally cleaning up), cars just fad, helicopters are here to stay, mafia underlings managing global personal helicopter empire.

ME: whisper into the minds of people with fanatical tendencies that "I the tortoise messiah have scoured the land through my psychic powers for the most righteous people to become my apostles  and i have found you more virtuous than any other so come to the temple of the wise tortoise" (basically recruit some false chosen for the tortoise and his false cult i am trying to make)
cultists: errm unbrainwash yourself? maybe get some food...

" a used leaf blower" what a low down insult you should now that my uncle who was an eldritch used leaf blower died last week i always wanted to be different from him but now that he's dead i realise how much exquisite evil stuff he's done *sobs* YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
5: awareness of the tortoise rises dramatically overnight and without apparent cause.
1: They sort crawl around jibbering then start to rot then stop jibbering
No cultists, tortoise gained dedicated worship

(You skipped the 'loot helicopter' roll for crazyabe.)

Armor up my best and best armed guys.(not the merc's though).

NUKE!! Bont da lifas! Don't miss!. If I don't have a way to do it from afar, replace this action with: Nothing. (Or whatever that power was called)

Have as many people as needed do the wood ritual.

Me: Recruit cultists.

No roll: They slip the armor on
3: They do manage to drag it back to base
3: The rest of them carve a few wooden plates and helmets out of wood, it'll stop guns and such but it still can get through chinks, drowning's a problem, so's acid, heat is bad, cold to, and of course fire, the armor will be fine but the occupant will be charcoal, and finally just plain excessive force will kill the wearer however much the armor spreads the force.
6: You come off as needy and a bit desperate, some come help out of pity.
+50 armor +50 cultists, 50 cultists armored

Tax goatTM
Followers:A skunk. The 5th segment of a man 'O' war. Some slime mold on a banana, 50 hidden cultists, 80 cultists with you, 48 heavily armed cultists(At Skyies base), 15 leader cultists, 5 cultists in high places.
Items: Access to orb of stalwart 1, Dragon's blood, purge ritual
PR: The town of belford thinks you are an alright guy, Brand awareness, bad PR

Kinesis
Followers: *tumbleweed*
You: summoned
Items: Orb of Stalwart, Incompetence-B-gone [1] charges (makes a roll a forgone conclusion).
Haters: 80 inquisitors, ritual of banishment, purge ritual
PR: poor PR
Areas: NY crater, flaming RoperaryTM surrounding NY crater(Need to roll to find anything in it or move through)

Skyies
Followers: 9 cultists in high places, 100 trained heavily armed cultists, 80 cultists armed with flamethrowers/bombs, trained komodo dragon, 52 lightly armed very well trained cultists, 50 armored armed trained cultists, 50 trained cultists, merc squad(200 heavily armed trained cultists), 50 lightly armed boring cultists, 50 cultists purge ritual
You: Summoned, in full body cast for the next [1] turns
Items:Dragon's blood (You are pleased by the name), damaged reinforced barn with Orb of stalwart 1 with 48 heavily armed guards, tungsten, graphene, 2 light weapons, Training facility, Tactical nuke, Invincible wood rune, 50 armor
PR: Servant to Tax goat, -PR with scientists
Haters: 20 inquisitors in high places, 101 inquisitors, 100 researcher inquisitors, NULL crystal location
Misc.: local law enforcement insane.

Bont da lifas
You: Summoned
Followers: Kinesis inquisitor alliance, 200 cultists, 25 hidden cultists.
Items: Orb of Stalwart 2 with summoning platform, Trapped temple base flooded with kool-aid, some money, dragon's blood, weapons cache location, big hole, attack helicopter(a thank you for the starting boost)
Misc.: Balrog unsure
Haters:
PR: Bad PR
Events: Kinesis attack/inconvenience needed in <[3] turns

World
Locations/landmarks: -New york city, Tortoise temple
Pop: 7 bill - 8 mill (I should total up all the cultist and inquisitor deaths too)
Events:
Misc: "Inquisitor con" where inquisitors convene, helicopters have replaced cars
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 09:31:10 pm by Evonix »
Has descended into madness

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD horrors 2: Helicopters and more helicopters. game 1 turn 13.
« Reply #106 on: January 05, 2016, 08:25:43 pm »

I: fix up problems with the balrog's place.
80 Kinesis inquis: walk into Kinesis's base and grab everything that isn't nailed down.
199 Cultists: build a base over the pit
other 1: try to set off skyies's nuke.
other 10 Kinesis inquis: recruit skyies cult into hateing kinesis.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 01:09:06 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 05, 2016, 10:07:48 pm »

((How will the horror vs horror combat work?))

Much like regular combat, how serious wounds will be depends on relative strength (skyies the direct approach may not be such a great idea), due to the nature of RTD the attacker will most likely have an advantage however the defender can have idle guards, traps, walls and such.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 10:54:50 pm by Evonix »

carp

• Bay Watcher
  • the biggest fish around.*
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2016, 10:21:30 am »

ME: recruit " perfect weather all round plenty of vacant houses and large unihabited spaces in the new york crater.*
*must be a dedicated cultist to the supreme eldritch being kinis.
Carp carp carpcarp CAAR-ARP carpity carpcarp CARP CARP
Caaarp car-AARRP carpity carp-arp carppp-aaaarP.

*i'm looking at you biggerfish.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2016, 10:43:26 am »

Make a statement through the Tv station I control, stating that the book isn't true, I don't steal people's friendship, and even if I did, it was only those damned idiots that lived in the Nine Shrines Adventures and Dines' (politically correcter, of course.), tell all my cultist with me to imagine a way back, and then expect it to happen, send the fifteen leader cultists to recruit Morgan Freeman to voice the Tax Goat.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 02:39:42 pm by Hiddenleafguy »

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2016, 11:01:39 pm »

Make a statement through the Tv station I control, stating that the book isn't true, I don't steal people's friendship, and even if I did, it was only those damned idiots that lived in the Nine Shrines Adventures and Dines' (politically correcter, of course.), tell all my cultist with me to imagine a way back, and then expect it to happen, send the fifteen leader cultists to recruit Morgan Freeman to voice the Tax Goat.
You own a TV station? 3: A cultist goes on a show and decried the link between Tax goat and the Devil, he says you are only connected to taxes and money. This is not much of an improvement, some think it's worse.
No roll You can't just do it just like that, you need an exit point as well which is where the ritual comes in.
Also I forgot to take away the dragon's blood from failed rituals.
3: You do get a professional speaker(Morgan freeman as your speaker would be overpowered.)
+slight PR, +Speaker

ME: recruit " perfect weather all round plenty of vacant houses and large uninhabited spaces in the new york crater.*
*must be a dedicated cultist to the supreme eldritch being kinis.

2: Some guys walk up and make a neat U-turn as they see the place.

Send the stealthiest and best suited to this type of thing Merc's to go sabotage Bont da lifas's helicopter without alerting Bont da lifas or anyone else. Also known as have a guy borrow a few grenades, chuck them (pulling the pin first, of course) at the parts of the helicopter that look important (namely, the inside), and run the hell away.

Nuke Bont da lifas. If I can't do this safely, send a boring willing to die for me cultist to Bont da lifas's base with the nuke and have him detonate it in Bont da lifas's base.

Me: Spread the religion of the tortoise! Also, use Mind Stab on the balrog.

All (other) cultists: Repair barn. Guard barn. Half repairing, half guarding, with the most skilled ones guarding.

((How will the horror vs horror combat work?))
4: They sneak in and toss in a few grenades at important places, pretty much scrap now and would be cheaper to replace it than fix it.
6: Your cultists launch the nuke at absurd speed, Bont da Lifas barely noticed it before it vanishes over the other horison.
6: It is left little more than a husk, easy to control by Bont
4: They fix the barn in a fairly professional way and the better armed ones keep watch.
Armed cultists on watch, barn repaired, nuke lost -Bont da lifas heli

Inquisitors:
Inquisitors in high places: Get null crystal
Rest: Find and retrieve Orb of Stalwart
4: they fill out the proper forms and bribes and take the NULL crystal away.
3: they spread out and find yours but Skyies gaurds pick them off before they can try to bring it back.
+NULL crystal +Orb of Stalwart 1 location -25 inquisitors

I: fix up problems with the balrog's place.
80 Kinesis inquis: walk into Kinesis's base and grab everything that isn't nailed down.
199 Cultists: build a base over the pit
other 1: try to set off skyies's nuke.
other 10 Kinesis inquis: recruit skyies cult into hateing kinesis.

5: You fix it up beautifully with subtle gold relief. You go over to boast about it to the balrog only to find it drooling and melting the floor by doing so, possibly beyond cure but possibly not. It is suggestible like this however.
6: They attempt to lift the orb of stalwart, it is not pretty.
1: They miss a support and tumble down miles of your carefully crafted stairs.
3: she sort of saw the direction it vanished to.
No roll There were only 80 inquisitors. Were.
Hole made nice -30 kinisis inquisitors -50 cultists

Tax goatTM
Followers:A skunk. The 5th segment of a man 'O' war. Some slime mold on a banana, 50 hidden cultists, 80 cultists with you, 48 heavily armed cultists(At Skyies base), 15 leader cultists, 5 cultists in high places, pro speaker.
Items: Access to orb of stalwart 1, Dragon's blood, purge ritual
PR: The town of belford thinks you are an alright guy, Brand awareness, poor PR

Kinesis
Followers: *tumbleweed*
Items: Orb of Stalwart 3, Incompetence-B-gone [1] charges (makes a roll a forgone conclusion).
Haters: 50 inquisitors, ritual of banishment, purge ritual
PR: poor PR
Areas: NY crater, flaming RoperaryTM surrounding NY crater(Need to roll to find anything in it or move through)

Skyies
Followers: 9 cultists in high places, 100 trained heavily armed cultists, 80 cultists armed with flamethrowers/bombs, trained komodo dragon, 52 lightly armed very well trained cultists, 50 armored armed trained cultists, 50 trained cultists, merc squad(200 heavily armed trained cultists), 50 lightly armed boring cultists, 50 cultists purge ritual, armed cultists are on gaured
Items:Dragon's blood (You are pleased by the name), reinforced barn with Orb of stalwart 1 with 48 heavily armed guards, tungsten, graphene, 2 light weapons, Training facility, Invincible wood rune, 50 armor
Haters: 20 inquisitors in high places, 76 inquisitors, 100 researcher inquisitors, NULL crystal, found orb of stalwart one.

Bont da lifas
Followers: Kinesis inquisitor alliance, 150 cultists, 25 hidden cultists, comatose balrog
Items: Orb of Stalwart 2 with summoning platform, Trapped temple base flooded with kool-aid, some money, dragon's blood, weapons cache location, subterranean mansion, scrap.
Events: Kinesis attack/inconvenience needed in <[3] turns

World
Pop: 7 bill - 8 mill (I should total up all the cultist and inquisitor deaths too)
Events:
Misc: "Inquisitor con" where inquisitors convene, helicopters have replaced cars, Tactical nuke somewhere
[/quote]

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2016, 01:18:07 pm »

Send five leader cultist to REWRITE my holy book, mentioning the amazing economical growth of places I visit, begin using the Tv Station to advertise the Tax Goat, as while as several other political parties, to provide funding, get the 80 cultists to mind construct a resort, to cause people to travel to that plane and allow me to hitchhike on them to earth, as while as monetary gain, whisper into the minds of everyone at NPR to make them want to make a positive radio segment about the Tax Goat.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2016, 06:39:23 pm »

ME: publicly throw the president into the pool underneath the washington monument with telekinesis and hold him under for a full hour while i float above shouting "HAHHAHHAHHA I KILLED YOUR DUMB PRESIDENT NOW ELECT ME"

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2016, 06:53:44 pm »

((Moved to Keep "Skyies" From Immediately killing off my cult before I can do anything.))
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 07:58:00 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2016, 07:56:18 pm »

50 Cultists: Go find Any Demonologists you can, We Need one to fix up the Balrog...
100 Cultists: Stop being so useless, Build me a Complex base Over The Balrog's place!
Kinesis inquisitors: Recruit!

hidden cultists I Didn't know I had: Infiltrate Skyies Cult.
I: Mutate Skyies komodo dragon, Lets see If I can turn it into a Large Man-eating beast that breaths fire...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2016, 10:32:23 pm »

I lost the die again

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2016, 10:55:11 pm »

you died again? you could try an online dice thing, the one by brock jones that comes up when you google "online dice roller" works well For me...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2016, 10:40:15 am »

griffin plz just use an online die plz

Evonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
turn 14
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2016, 08:01:12 pm »

50 Cultists: Go find Any Demonologists you can, We Need one to fix up the Balrog...
100 Cultists: Stop being so useless, Build me a Complex base Over The Balrog's place!
Kinesis inquisitors: Recruit!

hidden cultists I Didn't know I had: Infiltrate Skyies Cult.
I: Mutate Skyies komodo dragon, Lets see If I can turn it into a Large Man-eating beast that breaths fire...
4: He restores the balrogs mind to an earlier point and takes a few souls as payment.
2: They watch the blue lizard flying overhead and try to throw rocks at it
4: Some more people are convinced to hate kinisis, it's was not hard.
6: You get some people to infiltrate soo well that they become entirely indistinguishable from the real ones. There aren't actually any real ones soo.
4: It grows to twice it's normal size and plays with some cultists like a cat and a mouse, and it can hock filming globules of stuff.
-10 cultists, balrog sane, +40 kinisis inquisitors, 25 hidden cultists now kinisis cultists -30 skyies' cultists

All 533 cultists with weapons and me assault Bont da lifas. Burn the Kool Aid, if anyone is left shoot his cultists/inquisitors, and once they are dead, shoot the Balrog, if they can. Stay away from Bont da lifas. But shoot him from afar if possible.

Me: Join in the assault! Once Bont is occupied with my cultists and is about to attack them, Spectral Dash behind him and energy flame/blast him. Then start flying to dodge his attacks (notably, Beam of Doom) and flame or claw him whenever I can.

((This should be an easy fight. He has less Power and Mindlock than me.
2: They are somewhat distracted...
3: You flap over and drop some of the firebombs over the base, some fall down the hole where they become redundant and some fall into the kool-aid where they get extinguished but some fall near Bont and do their job
-30 fire bombs/flamethrowers

ME: publicly throw the president into the pool underneath the washington monument with telekinesis and hold him under for a full hour while i float above shouting "HAHHAHHAHHA I KILLED YOUR DUMB PRESIDENT NOW ELECT ME"
3: You are now recognised as a supervillain and as such banned from the next election.

Send five leader cultist to REWRITE my holy book, mentioning the amazing economical growth of places I visit, begin using the Tv Station to advertise the Tax Goat, as while as several other political parties, to provide funding, get the 80 cultists to mind construct a resort, to cause people to travel to that plane and allow me to hitchhike on them to earth, as while as monetary gain, whisper into the minds of everyone at NPR to make them want to make a positive radio segment about the Tax Goat.
1: They ruin a otherwise passable book, timecube was better written
6: Some cultists transmits your message, which amounts to "Please love me... why won't you love me, *crys*"
Your cultists construct a beautiful palace for you in the eldritch wilds, tourism would give you vast income but they can't because you still need to get summoned
5: the well made propaganda documentary just about cancels out the rest of your PR stupidity
+Magnificent Palace

Tax goatTM
Followers:A skunk. The 5th segment of a man 'O' war. Some slime mold on a banana, 50 hidden cultists, 80 cultists with you, 48 heavily armed cultists(At Skyies base), 15 leader cultists, 5 cultists in high places, pro speaker.
Items: Access to orb of stalwart 1, Dragon's blood, purge ritual, Magnificent Palace in home plane
PR: The town of belford thinks you are an alright guy, Brand awareness, poor PR

Kinesis
Followers: 25 cultists
Items: Orb of Stalwart 3, Incompetence-B-gone [1] charges (makes a roll a forgone conclusion).
Haters: 50 inquisitors, ritual of banishment, purge ritual
PR: bad PR, disliked by humanity, card carrying villain

Skyies
Followers: 9 cultists in high places, 100 trained heavily armed cultists, 50 cultists armed with flamethrowers/bombs, trained komodo dragon, 52 lightly armed very well trained cultists, 50 armored armed trained cultists, 50 trained cultists, merc squad(200 heavily armed trained cultists), 50 lightly armed boring cultists, armed cultists are on guard
You: Summoned, wounded
Items:Dragon's blood (You are pleased by the name), reinforced barn with Orb of stalwart 1 with 48 heavily armed guards, tungsten, graphene, 2 light weapons, Training facility, Invincible wood rune, 50 armor
Haters: 20 inquisitors in high places, 76 inquisitors, 100 researcher inquisitors, NULL crystal, found orb of stalwart one.

Bont da lifas
Followers: Kinesis inquisitor alliance, 140 cultists, comatose balrog
Items: Orb of Stalwart 2 with summoning platform, Trapped temple base flooded with kool-aid, some money, dragon's blood, weapons cache location, subterranean mansion, scrap.
Events: Kinesis attack/inconvenience needed in <[1] turns

World
Events: Election in [10] turns
Misc: "Inquisitor con" where inquisitors convene, helicopters have replaced cars, Tactical nuke somewhere
I feel like i am thinking through treakal
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 07:54:37 pm by Evonix »

carp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2016, 08:45:06 pm »

Me: hollow out an inactive volcano. i need a secret lair make the entrance secret maybe you have to push a certain fossil on a certain vertical rock face to enter.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16