Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201700 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #630 on: March 25, 2016, 07:34:03 pm »

Is there a way to poison someone to slow down or stop bleeding with a syndrome?
Like say, I'm trying to massacre some dwarf as retribution for killing my favorite ally, I want the guy to suffer as much as possible and lose as many limbs as possible as war trophies. And this is the thing I love about DF and the community, were all psychotic.
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 25, 2016, 09:14:34 pm »

Have the interaction remove the HAS_BLOOD tag for a while. Then they shouldn't be able to die of blood loss.

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 26, 2016, 12:38:46 am »

Is there a way to create a syndrome that can change the material of a creature's body part for a set amount of time? For instance, I'd like to give a race the ability to turn their claws into steel for a few seconds. Is that possible, using interactions and syndromes?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 26, 2016, 12:56:20 am »

Not without transforming the whole creature.

Sagus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 26, 2016, 01:24:25 am »

I see, thanks.

Is there a way for sydrome transformations to be timed?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 26, 2016, 03:37:36 am »

Yeah, they can end and start like any other syndrome effect.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 27, 2016, 11:14:17 am »

First time here, not ashamed to admit that DF modding is surprisingly daunting :-[  Anyways, I am wondering if there are any recommended methods for comparing the contents of 2 RAWs.  For example, I am examining item_helm from 2 different mods to see what they changed compared to vanilla.  My first approach was to toss all 3 files into Excel and do a comparative lookup.  Due to the spacing differences however, this is not as efficient as I had hoped.  Any tips are much appreciated :)

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 27, 2016, 11:35:43 am »

there is for example win merge, but it suffers from similar problems. when it comes to comparing raws from 2 different vanilla versions it does it good job tho.

if you want to keep your own mod up to date with future versions of df, i have found it best to compare the vanilla versions and then make changes to your own raws. most of the time the raws dont change a lot between different df versions.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 27, 2016, 07:17:37 pm »

Okay, let's talk about interactions that resurrect the dead. Specifically ones that resurrect old dead bodies that aren't considered resurrectable. How do I do it on a large scale that doesn't crash the game?

Part of the resurrection is that the creature in question is briefly transformed, then turns back into a fully healed creature. This means I can use [IT_REQUIRES:FIT_FOR_ANIMATION] as part of the interaction, which in turn means I can resurrect old corpses. But if two body parts from the same dwarf are both resurrected at the same time, the game crashes. I know I could autodump destroy all the extra body parts, but sometimes the limbs are in a coffin or something and that option isn't available.

So how can I accomplish this without crashing the game or using DFhack?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 27, 2016, 09:18:30 pm »

I'm not sure how different corpse pieces work with syndromes, but you might be able to give the first animatable bit a syndrome that will (if they are still linked to the same unit) render all other bits untargetable.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 28, 2016, 07:24:29 am »

No, it doesn't work like that.

Actually what I was never quite sure about is what the crash was happening for. I thought it might be when two of the same person were resurrected, but it might also be when someone with no data is resurrected, like a caravan guard. When I was animating people instead of resurrecting them I saw quite a few nameless peasant limbs that weren't peasants before.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #641 on: March 28, 2016, 08:13:44 am »

I don't know about ressurecting multiples of the same person, but I never had issues resurrecting nameless peasant skeletons in tombs and such - though they would just bleed to death or suffocate. Haven't tried doing it along with making them transform for a single tick so they'll be fully healed when they turn back to normal.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 28, 2016, 09:29:13 am »

I think I would need to do some testing in fort mode to see which it is. It doesn't crash at all in arena mode, probably because the creatures there aren't part of a player entity.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:16 pm »

[REACTION:MAKE_WOOD_BLOCKS_FOUR]
   [NAME:make wood blocks (4)]
   [BUILDING:CARPENTER:NONE]
   [REAGENT:wood:1:WOOD:NONE:NONE:NONE]
   [PRODUCT:100:4:BLOCK:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:wood:NONE]
   [SKILL:CARPENTER]

Whenever the action is completed in-game ''dwarffortress.exe has stopped working'' pops up
Whats wrong?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 28, 2016, 03:27:36 pm »

Did you generate a new world first?
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 137