Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.43.x QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 201678 times)

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional "Knife-ear" torturer 1-800-elfgod
    • View Profile
    • This is also for my Custom Race: Solari!
Re: [MODDING] 0.42.x QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #645 on: March 28, 2016, 05:54:10 pm »

I want my race to have scales on their head and neck, but feathers on the rest.
Also can there be like fur and feathers on the same body part?
Jerry.
This is also for my Custom Race: Solari! (Currently outdated)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155455.0
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)
http://i.imgur.com/8x7aX7T.png

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 28, 2016, 06:39:35 pm »

Both can be done. You can either create a new body detail plan to do this, or place each tissue on each body part individually within the creature's raws.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 28, 2016, 06:42:47 pm »

Wondering how does one use reaction to dye clothing in adventure mode. :-\ I basically need one of the existing decorate section in Wanderer's Mod to be altered so I can paint clothing in midnight blue.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 06:47:12 pm by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 28, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »

Hi all! Just started messing around with the RAWs yesterday and had a few simple questions and one big one that I couldn't find much help for searching online.

Does anyone know which workshops can actually have reactions added to them? I tried adding in a wooden training mace reaction to the CARPENTRY workshop, and it refused to show up until I changed it to use CRAFTSMAN building token instead.

Also, is there any way to create Prepared Meal reactions, either through workshop raws or DFHack?

Finally, I've been trying to make Animal Skull Mask reactions work and while the reaction shows up in the Craftsdwarf's Workshop, the dwarf will just occupy the workshop without grabbing any materials, and then leave after completing the job without creating the mask. I realize I could just use bones, but I really wanted to try and find a workaround to use up all the skulls from butchering. I tried following a post from 2011 that edited creature parts to add in their own skulls.

Here's my RAW code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong to cause an empty reaction to happen? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 09:22:31 pm by Ryga_ »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 28, 2016, 09:27:24 pm »

Does anyone know which workshops can actually have reactions added to them? I tried adding in a wooden training mace reaction to the CARPENTRY workshop, and it refused to show up until I changed it to use CRAFTSMAN building token instead.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#Building

Also, is there any way to create Prepared Meal reactions, either through workshop raws or DFHack?

IIRC it was either completely bugged so that you can't make FOOD items at all or it was impossible, but the latter case wouldn't be true anymore since you could add improvements to products as they're made.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 28, 2016, 09:51:04 pm »

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Reaction#Building

IIRC it was either completely bugged so that you can't make FOOD items at all or it was impossible, but the latter case wouldn't be true anymore since you could add improvements to products as they're made.

I've looked at that page like 50 times and only just now realized I switched CARPENTRY and CARPENTER tokens. Spelling is everything!
I know it's possible to create new food items, but they don't fall under the category of Prepared Meals sadly. Was hoping there might be some way to use DFHack, but I guess it's not an "issue" most people are interested in haha

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 28, 2016, 09:57:17 pm »

Anything in item_food counts as a prepared food item.

Ryga_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 28, 2016, 10:09:06 pm »

Yes, but it only allows for randomization of Prepared Meal names by tier, which is nice, but I was hoping to make more specific reactions involving food, and then remove the Kitchen in favor of a custom workshop.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 28, 2016, 11:04:17 pm »

Did you generate a new world first?
I did.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 29, 2016, 12:44:28 am »

Is there anyway to increase the amount dwarves eat and drink?
Its far too little i think.

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 29, 2016, 05:57:21 am »

Is there anyway to increase the amount dwarves eat and drink?
Its far too little i think.

yes, for example with this script: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157141.0

you need dfhack to run it. paste the code into a text editor, save the file into the dfhack/script folder as "somename".lua, then edit the dfhack.init file in your df folder and insert the line "somename enable" under the scripts section. (both without the "" ofc)
you can also run it from the dfhack console.

the script will run whenever you load a game and make your dwarves eat/drink 4/2 times as often. you can change these numbers in the script itself. i didnt test it a lot but it should work.

(making them actually eat/drink more each time would need a lot more work sadly. )

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 29, 2016, 04:11:34 pm »

OK,So my race has the ability to transform to other forms now. but when i try to use my regen transformation while transformed into another form, it kinda takes away the ability to transform all together, why is this? and how do i get around it?
Jerry.
Also made that awesome avatar. took me hours with Gimp: (also the two light & dark sprites are from Stardew Valley)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 29, 2016, 04:14:05 pm »

A creature cannot transform while transformed. The only ways around this are DFHack and making all transformations temporary.

Jerry The Hellbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 29, 2016, 04:34:55 pm »

huh, i figured this, and i did remove the interactions to transform so that it cannot be done, basically taking away the regen transformation until the current transformation is done.
Also is there someplace i can learn how to implement textures? i already did the pixel art. I used the graphics of Phoebus' as a template.

This is what ive gotten without the internet and just through reading the files

NEVER MIND THIS. i tested it and after some trial and error i got it to work, the update for my mod is on the horizon!
Code: [Select]
graphics_solari

[OBJECT:GRAPHICS]

[TILE_PAGE:SOLARI]
[FILE:solari/solari.png]
[TILE_DIM:16:16]
[PAGE_DIM:8:8]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BIRD_SOLARI]
[DEFAULT:SOLARI:0:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]
[CHILD:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:3:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT]
[ANIMATED:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:4:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT] zombie
!!!!!SKELETON:PHOEBUS_ANIMALS:5:1:AS_IS:DEFAULT] skeleton

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BIRD_SOLARI_REPTILE]
[DEFAULT:SOLARI:1:0:ADD_COLOR:DEFAULT]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BIRD_SOLARI_TRUE]
[DEFAULT:SOLARI:2:0:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:SOLARI_REGENERATION_GORE_PILE]
[DEFAULT:SOLARI:0:2:AS_IS:DEFAULT]

Oh yeah! i also forgot, im trying to make a head look or, more work like Baraka's. just will all those razor-sharp teeth. along with that im trying to make them steel, and i think i already have the teeth material:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:STEELTOOTH]
[TISSUE_NAME:talon:NP]
[STRUCTURAL]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:STEEL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:2]
[CONNECTS]
  [TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
        [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:STEELTOOTH:FRONT]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:39:07 pm by Jerry The Hellbound »
Jerry.

Atomisk

• Bay Watcher
  • Majora
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 29, 2016, 07:19:39 pm »

I want to make a total conversion mod. How much of the raw folder does the game -need- to run and gen a world? What files? How much can I strip out from vanilla such as dwarves and elves and can I alter *Spoilers* to be more themed to my mod?
Signatures are for people with things to show off. I'll show off something.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 137