Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space  (Read 38290 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2016, 09:22:16 am »

Amelia pointed at the hole right below the cockpit area.

"The submersion tank is broken and the fluid has leaked out the bottom--that and whatever made that hole also took up to half of its occupant's volume with it. Good point though, I'm beginning to wish we upgraded or were granted with better sensor arrays just like those expedition or survey ships; we could track or try to find what had happened here with those gadgets."

She didn't show it--but she was happy to be with someone loyal and with due regard for others, given that subtle tell TK gave.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 09:24:50 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 24, 2016, 09:27:00 am »

"I'm aware of the damage. I'm just... thorough."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 24, 2016, 10:05:09 am »

Letting Dio take over the guns, Neil came down for a look.

"Well... other TK, do you want to see if there's anything you can salvage? Give it a good search. I wonder if there's any markings we could run by a database of some sort, any hint of origin. You’re probably right about its demise, Amelia.”

Give the interior of the fighter an inspection. Assuming nothing comes up, get back on course.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 24, 2016, 01:47:59 pm »

"Do what you will with the body. I'll take a look around the ship."

Do a search of the fighter for anything of value/use.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 24, 2016, 02:07:23 pm »

"Are there missiles?" Dio asks over the radio. "We could repurpose those. The pilot may be dead, but the least we could do to honor him is to take up his sword, er, weapon."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2016, 04:24:49 pm »

"I'll keep an eye out."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2016, 04:52:52 pm »

TK is too practical to take chances and cuts the throat of the pilot before checking around the cockpit for anything salvageable.
((If he was still alive after being blown in half and subject to space exposure for god knows how long, then I don't think cutting his throat would do him in.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2016, 05:01:55 pm »

"Well... other TK, do you want to see if there's anything you can salvage? Give it a good search. I wonder if there's any markings we could run by a database of some sort, any hint of origin. You’re probably right about its demise, Amelia.”

"...by 'other TK', do you mean me? Because I'm Trent. Tobias Trent."

Tobias huffed, offended, before he took up the advanced toolkit.

"Look, but don't touch anything. Especially missiles. Don't want any of you to set something off or get electrocuted."

Inspect the fighter for anything useful and/or valuable.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2016, 06:41:58 pm »

"Look, but don't touch anything. Especially missiles. Don't want any of you to set something off or get electrocuted."
"Of course." Coleman nods.

Don't become that EOD guy who screwed up big time. Try to touch as few of the items as possible, especially if they resemble explosives or other dangerous items.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2016, 01:10:34 am »

((heehee someone might have been away and forgot and couldn't be bothered to scroll up...))

"Yes Trent, many apologies, you're exactly who I meant. Don't know what came over me. Early onset dementia, perhaps. That's a happy thought."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 13, 2016, 04:32:13 am »

((hope you are not too busy with work, adwarf!))

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 25, 2016, 01:01:06 pm »

And here we are with me once again ending up resorting to long, unannounced breaks from running my games. I'll go ahead and apologize for my absence, and the complete lack of updates for what is now slightly over a month. However, for those of you who are still up to playing I'll be trying to push an update out tomorrow after I get home from work and along with telling you guys this I would like you all to know that GUNINANRUNIN will be helping me run this from now on as the understudy worker monkey GM. Basically he'll be hitting me over the head when I don't actually get updates done and will be helping me with some of the editing, ensuring I don't go off on crazy tangents, and assisting with book keeping stuff.

In essence: I am actually returning to GMing this and GUNINANRUNIN will be helping me do that :v Expect a turn within two days.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2016, 03:24:30 pm »

Just finished writing the turn today. Adwarf is going to look it over and post it soon.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prosperous Stars - The Wealth of Space
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2016, 05:07:26 pm »

TK is too practical to take chances and cuts the throat of the pilot before checking around the cockpit for anything salvageable.
TK pulls himself into the fighter and crawls through the mess of jagged metal to the shattered anti-g tank. There's a horrible smell emanating from the bottom of the tank where the moist remains of the man's guts came to rest after the Praxis' gravity kicked in.

TK wrinkles his nose incongruously, whether at the scene or the smell it was unclear, then pulls his knife and gets to work. The edge cuts easily through the man's skintight pressure suit and then the pale, exsanguinated skin of his throat. TK works the knife back and forth for good measure, putting a hand on the dead pilot's face to keep the corpse still while he saws through it's esophagus.

TK straightens and wipes his brow with his forearm, satisfied that the man is now definitely dead. He looks at his knife. It's mostly clean aside from the shavings of cartilage and small splotches of congealed blood stuck to the surface. It would be unsanitary to replace it in its sheath.

Letting Dio take over the guns, Neil came down for a look.

Give the interior of the fighter an inspection. Assuming nothing comes up, get back on course.
You spend a few moments looking around the fighter's interior looking for anything of note and turn to leave before you finally notice something strange out of the corner of your eye, the corner of an insignia that has mostly been torn off the remains of the pilot's clothing. Taking a closer look you realize the outfit has been changed somewhat, but you're fairly sure this is a uniform commonly distributed by some local mining groups, or corporations to their lower tier workers.

"Of course." Coleman nods.

Don't become that EOD guy who screwed up big time. Try to touch as few of the items as possible, especially if they resemble explosives or other dangerous items.
You decide to walk around the outside of the fighter and assay it's exterior systems more closely. The primary thruster is mangled almost beyond recognition. There are two secondary thrusters as well as six optic sensors that you think could be salvageable. It would take tools, someone who knows ships, and at least a day of steady work.

"...by 'other TK', do you mean me? Because I'm Trent. Tobias Trent."

Tobias huffed, offended, before he took up the advanced toolkit.

Inspect the fighter for anything useful and/or valuable.
You climb into the fighter. There is very little to interface with on the interior of the compact fighter, so you start cracking open interior access panels. You determine that the electronic vitals of the fighter are tucked tightly away in its hull. It would take some serious disassembly to get at the more useful things.

You go find some gloves and a pair of metal snips and start removing loose panels from the fighter and piling them up in large bin in the hangar. By the time you're done you estimate that there are 4 units worth of useful scrap. If you're committed to stripping the vessel using cutters and heavier tools you could get more.

The exterior markings of the ship have been partially torn away by gunfire, not that you have access to a database to look them up, but if you hooked up the fighter to the ship's power and LAN, you might be able to learn more about the ship's origin.

Spoiler: Crew Account (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Amelia Terinn (Tiruin) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tobias Trent (GigDes) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Potential Projects (click to show/hide)

GM Note: The mission will begin tomorrow, for now I have a birthday party to attend!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2016, 02:01:52 pm »

"Hmm... I don't remember enough detail about the local insignias..."

Try to remove or take a photo of the small remaining bit of insignia. When we get back to the bridge, run it by any such database as might be useful.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21