Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33

Author Topic: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - Game Over.  (Read 57564 times)

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EOTFS: Emperor Wars Mod 2nd Game - The First Scepter War
« Reply #330 on: May 13, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »

Turn Sent!

It is time to bring some hellfire upon Sutek!

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2016, 01:38:47 pm »

Turn Sent!

Fun Times!!! It was good chatting with you on Steam today!!!

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Phoenix, an EFS patch/remake
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2016, 07:09:53 pm »

Turn Sent!

Land for one settlement purchased from the Vau with 20 gems.

Ministerial affairs:

The fleet commander would like to make it clear that attacks on non-combat house or ministry units on the fleet homeworld of Tethys will not be tolerated.

Remaining two hives on Stigmata have only ballistas for defence, so a couple of carpet bombing missions with a fleet of a dozen cruisers might be possible. This would be best done with combined arms attack with the garrison forces.

More fighters built on Byzantium II.

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 16, 2016, 08:27:54 am »

I wish to assure the Fleet Commander and the Empire at large that House Hawkwood has no interest in extending this war beyond it's stated aims. Combat operations on Tethys are almost complete, and we have no special intention to expand combat besides the liberation of those oppressed by electoral tyranny.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 17, 2016, 02:06:18 am »

While that might very well end up being the case, it won't be the al-Malik fleet doing the bringing.

Gollor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 17, 2016, 03:42:24 am »

While that might very well end up being the case, it won't be the al-Malik fleet doing the bringing.
:(
We have more fleets!

Margrave

• Bay Watcher
  • ...You up for a little unsanctioned mining?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 18, 2016, 07:17:21 pm »

Just a heads up that I'm going to be away from an EOFS capable computer from next Monday to the following Monday.

I only ask that you please keep scheming to a minimum and properly venerate Zebulon.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2016, 06:16:57 am »

Turn sent

ooc: I've just realised there's another issue with Byzantium - planting an aeroplane in a building makes it invulnerable to capture by covert action. By itself it's sort of ok, but it can be used, unwittingly or not, to block a path to a stack containing a noble. We should make sure nobles are always reachable.

Just a heads up that I'm going to be away from an EOFS capable computer from next Monday to the following Monday.

I only ask that you please keep scheming to a minimum and properly venerate Zebulon.
Just don't go and venerate Zebulon II by mistake!

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2016, 08:19:48 am »

Turn sent

ooc: I've just realised there's another issue with Byzantium - planting an aeroplane in a building makes it invulnerable to capture by covert action. By itself it's sort of ok, but it can be used, unwittingly or not, to block a path to a stack containing a noble. We should make sure nobles are always reachable.

Just don't go and venerate Zebulon II by mistake!

That is why assassins and Van Gelder had air attack, so they can attack planes on B2.  However, in an earlier post I see Il Pallazzo wanted that changed. haha
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 08:22:06 am by Vertab Nukks »

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2016, 10:11:11 am »

Turn sent

That is why assassins and Van Gelder had air attack, so they can attack planes on B2.  However, in an earlier post I see Il Pallazzo wanted that changed. haha

I vote for stealth fighters/bombers  8)

Vertab Nukks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2016, 11:32:11 am »

Turn sent

I vote for stealth fighters/bombers  8)

That's right why change the rules in the middle of the game!  ;D

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2016, 02:15:23 pm »

Since there are active EFS players following this thread:

Phoenix-0.51.0-alpha "Warlock" clone/remake/port/patch of/for EFS is now available at https://github.com/joulupunikki/Phoenix/releases

This is a self-contained windows exe installer, no need to install/configure java separately. Install video is on youtube.

Phoenix is now tentatively going to public alpha stage. Ruins and monasteries are not yet implemented but almost all other EFS1.4 features are complete. In principle, everything necessary to play PBEM games should now be included in Phoenix. There is no AI, but the Church will auto excommunicate you if you are at war with them, and the League will not trade with you (you can't even auto buy when building units like in EFS1.4) However, no extensive play testing has been done. All League agora resources are reset every couple of turns. When destroying/capturing enemy units/cities the value of the lost assets is added to a damage counter which is shown (in kilo FB so damages of 15.3 kFB means 15300 firebirds) in the diplomacy screen. To successfully sue for peace you must offer a compensation of at least this much firebirds.

I have never asked anyone to really try Phoenix, so it would be good to have some aficionados try this for 5 minutes and (assuming it doesn't crash) tell me what you think: would you consider using Phoenix instead of EFS.EXE to play your games ?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2016, 04:09:24 pm »

I'll definitely check it out. The idea of an EFS that can be patched and improved over time (rather than just modded) is very appealing. I've always wished for things like sect and Church elections to matter but there's just no way to do that in EFS1.4. Is there any intention of implementing AI for this down the road?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2016, 05:19:09 pm »

(Question for this game)

Do you have to have your own house's noble on the surface to vote, or does a ministry's suffice? Which one are we going by?

joulupunikki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2016, 06:20:46 pm »

I'll definitely check it out. The idea of an EFS that can be patched and improved over time (rather than just modded) is very appealing. I've always wished for things like sect and Church elections to matter but there's just no way to do that in EFS1.4. Is there any intention of implementing AI for this down the road?

I implemented the first prototype symbiot AI last january. Symbiot AI is the easiest since their prime directive is just breed and conquer. That did not fly far, I cut too many corners when I made it, but then again the intent is to build the AI's incrementally, gathering experimental data as you go. The things I concentrated on with the first generation AI were how to recon enemy positions (the Phoenix AI obeys the same visibility rules as the human players, or at least that's the plan ...) and how to organize raiding parties from continent to continent and planet to planet. The second generation AI needs to know how to concentrate forces and how to better deal with PTS among other things. Air forces, navies and space battles were also not considered yet. Orbital traffic jams are a nuisance when moving large fleets around with the AI.

One of the reasons I agreed to join this game was that I'd finally get some PBEM experience, I mean it would be preposterous to try implement PBEM without playing any real PBEM games (although it takes me too much time do my turns), I just was not sure if I'd fancy slow turnaround and PvP, but it's been fun so far (well, no one's kicked my ass yet) ... and most of the old strategies which did work against the EFS1.4 AI didn't work against my dear cousins :) the new strategies will be considered when implementing Phoenix AI ... and some features of the game which I had not used much were suddenly important (and have been subsequently given greater implementation priority) such as "Archives"->"City Info" which is now under construction for Phoenix-0.52, and it should be possible to set build queues and goto city from there so it should be more useful.

Also, for vertab nukks, more stuff than in EFS1.4 should be moddable via ini-files.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 06:23:25 pm by joulupunikki »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 33