Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 773330 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #24225 on: April 10, 2016, 01:21:55 pm »

((I think the tactics thing was them saying that Victoria and Haruka should know each other's powers for the purpose of tactics.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24226 on: April 10, 2016, 01:33:58 pm »

Alanis finds a 'Customer Support' area, stocked by a single woman in a blue uniform filing her nails.
When Alanis questions her, she continues to focus on her nails.

((I think the tactics thing was them saying that Victoria and Haruka should know each other's powers for the purpose of tactics.))

The issue with that is the Simulators are all focused on altering the perceptions of the users, so none of them would be accurate. You two would be better off finding some non-simulator area and practicing in reality.
It so happens there is a 'Mojo Dojo' in the Arcade, which is similar to the Shooting Range except it is for practice and sport of martial arts and non-shooting weapons.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24227 on: April 10, 2016, 01:38:48 pm »

But Victoria's weapons are shooting weapons :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24228 on: April 10, 2016, 01:39:29 pm »

"A-HEM.  This is actually a serious issue.  Please actually pay attention or find someone who will before I figure out what I could sue you for."

The woman's hands now have blinking blue arrows pointing at Alanis hovering over them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24229 on: April 10, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »

But Victoria's weapons are shooting weapons :P

Well shit.
Hey look it's, "Super Generic Fight Training Brawl Simulator Man Was This Thing Made Ad Hoc or What".

The woman looks up at Alanis without moving the position of her head. "What happened."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24230 on: April 10, 2016, 01:46:26 pm »

"...I guess we could try that one," Haruka says, pointing to SGFTBSMWTTMADW. "A simulated fight might be fun."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24231 on: April 10, 2016, 01:48:34 pm »

"I guess. No magic though. I think we can hit each other with our weapons just fine but using magic darkens the Soul Gem."
Sigtext!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24232 on: April 10, 2016, 01:50:42 pm »

"Okay, sounds good. Although, if it's a simulator, it shouldn't use our actual magic, right?" Haruka proceeds toward the game.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24233 on: April 10, 2016, 01:54:58 pm »

Haruka and Victoria enter into a plain, large open white room. A screen appears before each of them. They can select the rules, from everything to first blood, to points per hit, to knockout to death (death in the simulation, fortunately), as well as a location. The location list is large, ranging from everything from a Grand Roman Arena, to an open field, to a fight club in the basement of a bar. The location list even has a search function, meaning any location they would want to fight in is likely there if they look it up.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24234 on: April 10, 2016, 02:04:19 pm »

"Hmm. . . maybe we should do points per hit? I don't know where we should fight, I don't think there's an option for 'inside a witch's barrier,' heh."
GM of Trespassers V2.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24235 on: April 10, 2016, 02:05:35 pm »

"Yeah, I guess that'd give us the longest time to talk."
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24236 on: April 10, 2016, 02:06:10 pm »

"When I attempted to look at a Planck length resolution picture in A Life Well Lived, the sim didn't render anything at all and subsequently went massively bonkers.

I mean, Zalgo-level bonkers.  Synthesesia I don't have, physics breaking, memory corruption or something where everything just went...Escher and body horror and...Yeesh.  Trauma.  Then it crashed.  After several minutes of everything just getting worse and not one but seven universe-destruction vignettes."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:08:16 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #24237 on: April 10, 2016, 02:06:46 pm »

Haruka presses buttons for "points per hit" and "random location."
GM of Trespassers V2.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24238 on: April 10, 2016, 02:11:42 pm »

The woman stares at Alanis. "...if you mess with the game, that happens."

RANDOM LOCATION: BAZAAR FIGHTING RING

Haruka and Victoria watch the room change seamlessly around them. They are now at two separate ends of a large boxing-style ring. The sky is blue and the air is hot. Around them are buildings and stalls of an Arabic style, and immediately around the ring is a clammoring crowd, yelling in one incomprehensible buzz as money, goods and livestock are changed through various hands.

Two holographic numbers appear above the ring: 0 - 0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24239 on: April 10, 2016, 02:15:22 pm »

"I'm sorry, you're saying that 'the game turned into a bizzarre eldritch horrorfest' is a natural consequence of a career in quantum physics?  No.  Not buying it.

Especially as the game clearly supports achieving this action within normal play.  I changed no settings.  The settings do not exist to change.  I did not attempt to intentionally break the game."
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 02:21:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 1614 1615 [1616] 1617 1618 ... 1862