Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 771837 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...
« Reply #17625 on: March 08, 2016, 05:38:35 pm »

The woman takes a moment to cough. And another cough. With every hacking deep cough, she seems to hack up some sort of golden ichor.

"I.....am but an avatar of existence. I'm essentially what you may refer to as the face of the multiverse.

You have done well, children of the world, to slay such a powerful Trespasser. That one.....had destroyed many worlds before attempting to feed upon this one. To stop it was....no small feat, and yet that is what you did.

You are all now part of a war that rages throughout all of existence. You have stopped but one soldier, in an infinite war spanning endless worlds. Throughout existence, many like yourselves march across to stop the threat that endangers us."

She extends her hand to form a pool of light in front of her, allowing the party to see the extent of the conflict.

A girl in red impales her scythe into a vast, tentacled creature raging upon a stormy sea off a rocky cliff, wrenching it out to allow a person in blue armour with a golden-horned helmet to impale it with a golden lance. The armoured warrior wrenches his weapon out and changes to a warrior in red in a blink of an eye, kicking aside another tentacle. Behind them, a girl in bronze fires upon the creature's eyes, using her shield to protect herself from debris flying from above. With a flick of her hand, her rifle becomes a spear, as she leaps upwards to join her allies in the assault, her crimson hair blowing in the wind behind her.

A masked warrior in blue with a sword that Eirika recognises fights back to back with a girl in blue and white armour with an invisible sword, throwing back a horde of black, tar-like slimes upon a burned, desolate plain. A white-haired man with a red book runs towards them, blasting orbs of flame into the horde in an attempt to lighten the weight upon them. Behind him rides another masked warrior on a motorcycle, his armour silver rather than blue, with a single horn and red eyes upon his helmet, lifting his bike upwards to drive directly onto the teeming mass.

A girl in white and gold blasts aside a horde of batlike creatures with equally numerous muskets, swatting one away with an unloaded one and jumping back to allow her ally, a man clad in only shoes and long pants with a blindfold, to unleash a kick into the largest creature, sending it into the weapon of a flying warrior in golden armour with a large sword, who sears the creature alive before casting off the husk onto the city road below. A girl dressed in pink sends a volley of arrows into the bat-creatures, but it seems this group cannot hold out much longer.

The pool of light disappears.
"This conflict reaches us all, whether we want it or not.

I have attempted to summon the best of the warriors I could find throughout this existence, in an attempt to preserve all that is. However.....with the Trespassers eating away at my being....my power wanes, and some can manipulate the process of selection, should they possess enough power.

That is, I fear, the only explanation I have for some of you being here.

Yet, regardless of any tampering, you have slain a Trespasser. Many, even. All the same......it is not my right to force you to stay."

Another pool of light appears, this time large enough for anyone to walk through.
"That portal will take you back home. If you wish for your participation in this war, the war that has engulfed all worlds, to end, and to return to a brief bliss before your world is thrown into turmoil, there is your way out. That is all I can offer by way of apology for the manipulation of your selection.

However.....should you choose to stay.....you accept the risk and the burden. This war will take much from us all, and even if you were never meant to be chosen, you accept the burden regardless and so must bear as those who were meant to be.

I will leave it to you, to choose. Will you leave, return home, and live in peace until the Trespassers arrive, hoping that the rest of existence will stop them in their tracks, or will you stay, knowing the risk, and fight on, keeping all that exists alive?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17626 on: March 08, 2016, 05:42:33 pm »

Alanis nods.

"I'm staying.  Even though, quite frankly, I'm freaking out about this.  I'd never be able to forgive myself.  In more ways than one.

...They're hurting you badly, aren't they.  And they've already hurt her far more than I'd ever want to see."

It's clear who Alanis is referring to.

((Color change!))
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 05:58:47 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:02 pm »

((To something even less readable than your last one.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:49 pm »

((Yes, well, Alan, as the guy who had it first, gets to keep it.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: March 08, 2016, 05:44:56 pm »

Big Daddy rises

"I have seen much horror......but I do not wish to return to Rapture just yet, I shall stay and fight. the children of my home do not deserve to die to a monster"
No sig yet

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: March 08, 2016, 05:46:16 pm »

((Yes, well, Alan, as the guy who had it first, gets to keep it.))
((Doesn't mean you have to choose something completely unreadable on default...))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: March 08, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

((Clarification of all the canon characters I just used because why the fuck not and also woo crossover ideas:
Group 1: Ruby, Kamen Rider Kuuga, Pyrrha
Group 2: Lucina, Saber, Robin, Kamen Rider Blade
Group 3: Mami, Lee Sin, Kayle, Madoka))
Mio merely nods.
"....I can't back down, either. To retreat now would be cowardice. I will stay."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #17632 on: March 08, 2016, 05:47:45 pm »

((I thought so))
No sig yet

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: March 08, 2016, 05:48:35 pm »

Ian waits impatiently. If she really is what she says why does she even need to ask them?

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »

"This world is too full of good and evil for me to sit around while it gets eaten, Besides, all the friends I've made need the kind of charm only someone like me can produce!" She postures

"I will continue to serve."

You are now having excessive amounts of fun

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: March 08, 2016, 05:49:42 pm »

She waits patiently for everyone to make their choices.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: March 08, 2016, 05:53:06 pm »

Anna is quiet. She is seriously considering the portal. It's a way back home. She wants to go home. She really, really does. She wants to see her family. She wants to go to the school she was supposed to. She wants her life back.

But... that's exactly why she can't. The Trespassers had already, in a small way, been to her world. She couldn't believe they'd leave it alone. She had no delusions about what would happen if they came in force, having crushed all other resistance and thus not needing to divide themselves.

Anna does not speak, but does not move into the portal. She just hoped she wouldn't regret this.
Sigtext!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: March 08, 2016, 05:54:59 pm »

"There is nothing left for me to return to regardless. I will fight on until the void claims me."
The distinct tone of voice he had would be eerie, though the message it conveys would be clear.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: March 08, 2016, 06:00:00 pm »

Eirika opens her mouth, but her voice catches in her throat. Home.
Her home, her life, and her friends.
She can't speak.
Black lives matter.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: March 08, 2016, 06:16:22 pm »

Aesford shrugs. "I do this so that my children will have a world to live in. What happens to me is irrelevant."

Lynch goes back to being his usual self. "..."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1862