Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1862

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Four is Death...  (Read 767230 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [IC] Vertex and God trees! Oh my!
« Reply #16860 on: February 18, 2016, 07:23:01 pm »

"That is why I need proper equipment to analyze it. So that a full analysis can be produced and we don't engage in any untoward conclusions!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: February 18, 2016, 07:29:28 pm »

"But there's only one really viable conclusion.  Either it's a Very Extremely Advanced genemodding and epigene-modding - it must have blocked the expression of something because I saw something I hadn't before - virus that's not transmissible to any of us for some reason, which...Not unfeasible, but unlikely that anyone would go to such lengths... or it's normal but inhuman biology.

Sorry, I'm too well-read for my own good, but it doesn't make SENSE for it to have been introduced after the fact.  I wouldn't rule out that it's congenital though but at that point...Well."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 07:36:41 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: February 18, 2016, 07:42:03 pm »

Motya grins and pats Alanis on the head. It should be pretty obvious to her that they have already considered all of the possibilities that she just listed, and more besides.. "As I have said, we do not want to engage any false conclusions! You shall receive a full summary of my results once I have completed them. But not a moment sooner!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16863 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:45 pm »

"And what are you going to conclude, anyway?  Yes, she has some unexpressed genes coding for more...Stuff?  That's the only possible conclusion here.  I saw her skin being chameleonic already...

I mean, if you can figure out WHAT, good on you, but I somehow doubt there's any other conclusion as to the effects, if not as to the causes."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: February 18, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Dackly and Gozer pick a patch of land that isn't near everything else and begin a little project, Involving a really big hole filled with stone spikes and a permenant gravity well.  The hole should be square shaped, about 100 Meters in length, and 25 Meters deep.

While this is happening, they also alter the Phazon cannon, Stripping the auraxium off the shells, and replacing it with Heavy ice, the Auraxium scrap is then used to line the pit's spikes

They take as long as needed to make the pit and upgrades, singing a merry song and attempting to convince others to join in preparation for their dastardly plan.

"Hey guys, we are going to dig a hole full of spikes and drag everything we don't like into it, I have a plan I swear."
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: February 18, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »

If they're asking about at the house...
"How is this going to help?  We can't take it with us."
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: February 18, 2016, 07:51:48 pm »

"Simple, do you know the principles of waterslides and Being sucked into a whirlpool?"

"Narrowly speaking, that is the plan, Small foes will be Dragged wholesale to it, the fighting being guided to it as much as we can, and a single massive creature being forced to trip into it.  this will give us both an area from which to bunker our attack, and a focus to the fight, which will give us a massive advantage."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: February 18, 2016, 07:53:07 pm »

"What part of 'It's not coming with us to the fight' was unclear...?  Also, what's that?"

She's spotted the Heavy Ice.
Sigtext

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: February 18, 2016, 08:02:00 pm »

"Assuming the fight is near where we are, wouldn't it make sense to fortify the area? or was I mislead?"

"It's Heavy Ice; Gravity and petrification magic enacted on water, we are trying to create Deuterium, or an equivalent substance."

If Dackly has been mislead, they instead work on a roll of a Tarp of Spikes of equivalent size using Stone, Gravity magic, and More heavy ice, woven into one another, for the same purpose.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:05:26 pm by Shadestyle »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:14 pm »

"And what are you going to conclude, anyway?  Yes, she has some unexpressed genes coding for more...Stuff?  That's the only possible conclusion here.  I saw her skin being chameleonic already...

I mean, if you can figure out WHAT, good on you, but I somehow doubt there's any other conclusion as to the effects, if not as to the causes."

"An in depth analysis will reveal exactly how and why these mutations are being produced, developed and expressed in such a short time-frame! A full-scale reconfiguration of the body as we have seen is quite impressive! Who knows how this process might be utilized! I look forward to the new developments that will result! And, more importantly, an analysis will tell us the causes that is forcing Sandra to mutate so rapidly. That way we may counter it more effectively than the current treatment she is undergoing." Motya leans a little more into Alanis's personal space. "That is the most important reason why we are doing this, is it not?"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: February 18, 2016, 08:17:18 pm »

"I don't think it's a full-scale re-anything.  Just suppression of extant genes.  Should be doable by finding whatever key is making the stuff activate and block that signal.  The question is whether it should be done though..."

Alanis pushes him out of her personal space.
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: February 18, 2016, 09:03:55 pm »

Motya lets Alanis push them out of her personal space. "Or we could adjust her body so that she can express these changes at will. Given the obvious distress that she has over them, I fail to see any reason against doing so!"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: February 18, 2016, 09:04:59 pm »

"Where's the mass going to go?

Alternatively, she already does have them at-will.  Probably.  I haven't seen her doing a chameleon impression inadvertently, at the very least..."
Sigtext

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: February 18, 2016, 09:32:02 pm »

"She will do whatever she currently does when it changes. Except it will be entirely under her own control. That is what is causing her so much distress after all."

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16874 on: February 18, 2016, 09:59:12 pm »

Tourmaline is working on the ship, attempting to prepare it for the supposed vertex attack. She won't see the ship get blasted again.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under
Pages: 1 ... 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 ... 1862