Advanced search  

Poll

Herp?

Derp!
Derp!
Derp!
Derp!

Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1328

Author Topic: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...  (Read 922774 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Trespassers of the Multiverse: Gaiden [OOC] Compleation is a drop away...
« Reply #15105 on: April 09, 2016, 07:56:35 pm »

ohey, Sanure is here, didn't even notice. Is my character (bottom of page 999) balanced?
Post number, because not all of us are 15 ppp?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: April 09, 2016, 07:57:34 pm »

Oh lord this character is going to be so broken for an NPC...
You're actually...
NPC =/= Fighting NPC
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15107 on: April 09, 2016, 08:01:41 pm »

Spoiler: Haruka (click to show/hide)
Note: I'm gonna attempt to balance these for now.
Spoiler: Attack Doll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speed Doll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic Doll (click to show/hide)
Okay so she's got a little MonHun flavor too.
EDIT: Do I need a sheet for her human form?
Just quoting because it's easier.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #15108 on: April 09, 2016, 08:06:16 pm »

oh good lord simuna, chill out yo

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: April 09, 2016, 08:07:57 pm »

"ï am ALREADY CHILL DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH SNOW THE PKP PRODUCES IN ALREADY COLD WEATHER"
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: April 09, 2016, 08:09:46 pm »

wilson's thoughts: i get to hang out around this cool (NO FUCKING PUN INTENDED) person because it sounded like she actually wanted some form of tour and i can provide
simuna's thoughts: holy shit, he's all set to smash
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: April 09, 2016, 08:10:55 pm »

she was attempting to invoke embarrassed Wilson via teasing
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: April 09, 2016, 08:13:19 pm »

she fucked up by using a unit of time instead of asking him for a massage
Black lives matter.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: April 09, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »

"We've known each other for give me a massage, and already you're asking me on a date."
carrot cakeu

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: April 09, 2016, 08:15:15 pm »

Spoiler: Haruka (click to show/hide)
Note: I'm gonna attempt to balance these for now.
Spoiler: Attack Doll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Speed Doll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic Doll (click to show/hide)
Okay so she's got a little MonHun flavor too.
EDIT: Do I need a sheet for her human form?
Just quoting because it's easier.

Looks fine.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: April 09, 2016, 08:15:34 pm »

TCM gib vr ploxx?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: April 09, 2016, 08:16:22 pm »

"We've known each other for give me a massage, and already you're asking me on a date."
"Upper or lower ten minutes?"
Black lives matter.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: April 09, 2016, 08:24:23 pm »

If Emp's not found too many problems I haven't, it's good for being inserted straight into the madness. I may ask for a few more nerfs later.
Remember when I'd just snark in the OOC and people would just shoo me away instead of being expected to provide reasonable advice? I almost miss those days :P

Okay so, going to just ignore her Doll-related Perks and Actions because there's going to be the summoning revamp soon and in the meantime summoning seems to be just "everything goes".

Analytic needs clarification as Elf has said. As always I'm a bit concerned about it not scaling at all, seeing as those may become obsolete (which you don't want seeing as you only get a new Perk Slot every 5 levels). One option is to change to a percentage-based system with each stack decaying each turn the related Action isn't used to target Haruka. This has the added advantage of working on something like Status Effects (which are often inflicted without rolls) by dropping their affliction rate.

The Precedents relevant to Counter are Sora's Quick Counter (Active at Level 1, 50% of all incoming damage is reflected back to the attacker instead), Garnt's Parry (Active at Level 1, negate target's attack and inflict 1 Turn Stun), 6AR's Counter (Passive at Level 3, roll DEX against incoming melee, if DEX is higher negate the attack and retaliate with Basic Attack), and Aesford's Interception (Active at Level 2, chooses a party member, the next ranged or magical attack targeting them this turn is redirected at the attacker, 1 Turn Cooldown). The base Action has no mention of damage reduction, so that's fine, though possibly underpowered seeing as it's just as delayed Basic Attack in that case. The Level 2 upgrade also looks fine seeing as it's effectively Interception except limited to only choosing the user, having a failure chance, and less coverage. The Level 3, not sure, should be fine, but I'm just eyeballing it.

Gamble right now might not be permissible since it's currently bundling several different effects. I suggest you remove the SYN bonus option from the base Action (since the Level 2 upgrade already adds that effect anyway), and instead change it to allowing her to use two Offensive Actions the next turn and then defining Reload as an Offensive Action. That restructure would make it slightly more versatile and remove the bundling.

Taunt is similar to It That Embraces' Flare with the Awe of Greater Creation (Active at Level 2, a SYN versus INT roll targeting all foes, failure forces the foe to target the user or cover, RES is doubled for the turn) but the choice in upgrades differentiates the two. Not sure about the Level 2 and Level 3 upgrade, seeing as it means that foes with insufficient INT will be stuck targeting her even when the rest of the party wails on them. I mean, I get that the idea is that anything still targeting her the following turn is going to run straight into a Counter but the indefinite effect seems a bit iffy to me. Consider making it increase the chances of her being targeted rather than forcing foe to attack, in order balance out the longer duration. Or alternatively just give it a chance of automatically using Counter when performing it.

Slam doesn't have any precedents that I know of. Should be fine, well, aside from the party already having excessive amounts of Stun.

Guarding Stab also doesn't have any precedents I know of, but it seems fine. However, ask Elf or Sanure if removing it and upgrading Basic Defense to give it the option of still using Basic Attack at half power could be done for 1 Action Point. Because it'd be almost mechanically identical, and you'd have freed up an Action Point you could spend on something else if that's the case.

And just a disclaimer that I just loiter around here giving advice, and badger the GMs, I don't have any authority at all, so if any of the above recommendations seem interesting, you'll still need to run it through Elf or Sanure.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 08:26:58 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: April 09, 2016, 08:46:33 pm »

i still love hearing Hal/Huey as Wilson's voice
Black lives matter.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #15119 on: April 09, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »

weh, I feel like my formulas are getting overly complex, but otherwise they seem balanced to me, i dunno. I did take most of your suggestions into account, though. Well, except the last one, that requires Word of GM.

What's a good baseline for defense, btw? Subtract RES from damage, do a RES roll to resist, what?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1328