Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73919 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #390 on: December 10, 2015, 05:18:55 pm »

Well, most of us came with a mech worth a lot more than that. :D

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #391 on: December 10, 2015, 05:21:06 pm »

Knave, are you already thinking of your defection roll? >:(

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 10, 2015, 05:25:22 pm »

Be weird given that, as I've said before, any Mech pilot that owns their own mech could easily just sell it off and live the rest of their live stinken rich.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 10, 2015, 05:29:34 pm »

Be weird given that, as I've said before, any Mech pilot that owns their own mech could easily just sell it off and live the rest of their live stinken rich.

Brenner's in the Bay forever!
His Mech is his retirement fund. The monthly payout helps fund his fast-lane lifestyle. Need to buy myself a luxury automobile!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 10, 2015, 10:16:47 pm »

Brenner's in the Bay forever!
His Mech is his retirement fund. The monthly payout helps fund his fast-lane lifestyle. Need to buy myself a luxury automobile mech!

Fixed that for you, cause why not?  :P

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 11, 2015, 04:17:28 am »

Adjusted the text to correctly indicate that it was the FC pilot getting his career burned by an angry Jack, and adjusted the unit post to be up to date and include everyone's earnings so far.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 11, 2015, 12:30:37 pm »

I like my Riflemen 3C (2 AC/10, 2 Med Laser. They performed very well during the last couple missions and were hardly ever targeted. So I think of upgrading them, as it is 3040, and some new stuff is available.
That got me thinking about Ultra AC/5s instead of the AC/10s. How do they work, do I have to make 2 to hit rolls? or one roll and 2 rolls on the table that determines where I hit? Also, how often do they usually jam? The saved weight could go into more ammo (as AC/10 and UAC/5 can basically shoot the same number of times) and CASE. Would I need one of those for every ammo bin, or one for every location with stored ammo?
I don't like the regular AC/5, the 10 and 20 are among my favourite weapons though. I just like metal slugs propelled forwards by explosions. So I am prepared to give the Ultra 5 a chance.
Another possibility would be LB 10X, is cluster ammo any good? I guess it behaves kinda like missiles and hits different locations?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 11, 2015, 12:51:32 pm »

Cluster Ammo definitely has its use in that it just summons critical hits (the only really nice critical weapon gun I know of is the one that can just shoot internals without destroying the armor first).

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 11, 2015, 01:04:09 pm »

Found this letter gem:
Apollo, an Ultralight design
For those who don't want to check it out: 2 medium lasers, 3 tons of armor, machine gun, speed of Stinger but no jump jets. Only 15 tons.

I created it in MegaMekLab, and although I  set its armor at 3.5 tons instead of 3 tons due to the extra space (I only used the half ton machine gun ammo, probably the original design used the full ton), it's decent for its cost.

However, no jumpjets and not Locust-fast means its dangerous for the pilot's long-term health.

I would suggest a variant that replaces the Machine Gun with an energy weapon, such as a flamer for anti-infantry work.  It doesn't heavily tax the heat (only one over with flamer) and removes the chance of ammo explosion (which would probably outright destroy the mech if it occured).

EDIT: An infinitely better variant is to keep the armor at 3 tons, drop the machine gun altogether, and enlarge the engine so the mech can run 11 spaces.  On flat terrain, its got the the to-hits of a Locust (it's marginally slower, but since 10 is the cutoff, both designs are equal on the to-hit, with the Locust being able to turn twice but the Apollo only turning once).

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 11, 2015, 01:41:53 pm »

An ultra green soldier gave birth to a son. He is already a better shot than her. :D (5+ compared to her 7+, 6+ now that I've spent her XP.)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 11, 2015, 01:48:54 pm »

An ultra green soldier gave birth to a son. He is already a better shot than her. :D (5+ compared to her 7+, 6+ now that I've spent her XP.)

And he's only going to get better as he ages!

Unless you're a monster who ignores child labor laws in favor of MechChild Combat.  Then his mother will probably won't have up to send him to college...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 11, 2015, 01:50:15 pm »

Found this letter gem:
Apollo, an Ultralight design
For those who don't want to check it out: 2 medium lasers, 3 tons of armor, machine gun, speed of Stinger but no jump jets. Only 15 tons.

That mech is kind of weird in that it exists to be cheap... but vehicles far outclass it anyway if you need an incredibly cheap scout made of paper.

Heck just made a legal vehicle right now that "walks" 18 spaces.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 11, 2015, 02:08:36 pm »

Unless you're a monster who ignores child labor laws in favor of MechChild Combat.  Then his mother will probably won't have up to send him to college...

No, he will not have to get into a Mech as soon as he gets 10XP. Playing without retirement roles because they would tear apart all those little families I have more than enough MechWarriors as is. Especially as I can't resist when an elite shows up, or anyone with a useful special ability.

They can jump into Mechs or whatever when they are 16 or 18. A couple more years for my oldest kids.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 11, 2015, 02:59:11 pm »

No, he will not have to get into a Mech as soon as he gets 10XP. Playing without retirement roles because they would tear apart all those little families I have more than enough MechWarriors as is. Especially as I can't resist when an elite shows up, or anyone with a useful special ability.

They can jump into Mechs or whatever when they are 16 or 18. A couple more years for my oldest kids.
MegaMek: Crusader Kings Edition.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 11, 2015, 03:08:01 pm »

Mechwarrior cancels Fire Large Laser: Seeking infant.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40