Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73898 times)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #375 on: December 10, 2015, 07:25:02 am »

Episode 9 – Live Fire Training Exercise

Spoiler: Setup – Round 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 4 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 5 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 7 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 8 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 9 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 11 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Round 14-17 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victory and Cleanup (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 02:55:10 am by Hanzoku »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 10, 2015, 07:48:11 am »

Kind of funny that sometimes you could have a mech just be completely destroyed... but as long as you save the engine? yeah its ok.

For a lot of mechs it is more valuable then, well the entire mech.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 10, 2015, 08:07:59 am »

Engine and gyro, yes. Gyro is almost a million. I just salvaged 3 from light mechs, the leftovers weren't worth much.

Where do you read that Pirate Hunting is a garrison type contract? I thought that would be the ones with "defend" as the deployment order. And cadre duty, as you are hired for training, not for running off as soon as the enemy flees.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 10, 2015, 08:12:45 am »

It's also possible that MekHQ simply doesn't auto-complete missions, but I was treating this one in particular as a garrison-style mission as we're dealing with pirates on an inhabited, core world of the Federated Commonwealth. If we were on Podunk, Periphery, I'd have treated it as being sent to smash the pirate base.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 10, 2015, 08:58:19 am »

Ah, no MekHQ doesn't autocomplete. But neither does it when the time is up, you'll have to press "complete mission" and manually choose the outcome nonetheless.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2015, 09:40:03 am »

So are we being paid by the contract along the way? or do we receive a huge lump sum once we are done?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2015, 09:44:52 am »

We receive a monthly payout. We currently promptly turn around and pass out 20% of that value in shares, then pay overhead. Every three months we pay back another chunk of the loan as well.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2015, 10:04:42 am »

We receive a monthly payout. We currently promptly turn around and pass out 20% of that value in shares, then pay overhead. Every three months we pay back another chunk of the loan as well.

Can we have a running tally at what our characters have earned individually? :P I'd like to know when we are officially rich or can "somehow" afford our own individual mechs.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 10, 2015, 10:31:25 am »

Hm...

*ten minutes of excel work and searching through the finance tab later*

Sure, that should be possible. I'll go ahead and work it into the company post later. These values aren't 100% accurate for the first contract, but they're close enough.

Han Zoku - 234,110.73 C-Bills
James Brenner - 198,452.27 C-Bills
Jack Eustance - 198,452.27 C-Bills
Zhou Smythe - 119,575.36 C-Bills
Konrad Lai - 123,775.36 C-Bills
Xidonius Oniislyvia - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Alexander Roberts - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Martin Johnson - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Kevin Collier - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Roger Williams - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Arnaud Faye - 81,816.91 C-Bills

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #384 on: December 10, 2015, 01:44:12 pm »

Yeah, MekHQ's system is a little wonky. Definitely don't forget to manually end the contract whenever the rules conditions say you should (e.g. a rout). I think if it's a success then you get paid for the entire thing. Also, you stop getting paid monthly past the completion deadline, but keep getting missions... and that's not financially sustainable :P

If we're done with this contract early, we'll still get paid, I think. Plus, we'll have have time and possibly better facilities to repair all of that stuff (you know, starting from the gyro and building that Wolfhound around it :P ), and can start looking for a new contract without much time pressure!

Also, some of the damage values on the script seemed a little off to me - so keep an eye out and let me know if you notice discrepancies! And if there's any legibility tips people would like, we can try to adapt too. So far I'm finding the output rather useful for keeping track of battles.

How's Jack feeling after that experience, I wonder...

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 10, 2015, 03:38:12 pm »

Sooo… I go ahead and take the hit for the FedCom pilot losing his Mech. Jack, meanwhile, makes sure that his entire unit knows what a gutless wonder he is. By the time the smear campaign is over, it’s unlikely he’ll ever get another mech.

For some reason, the first time I read that, I thought that Jack was telling everyone that he himself was a gutless wonder so that he himself would never get another mech.

So, I guess that summarizes how I feel about all these mechs getting blown out from under me.   :P

I might be proposing a Wolfhound variant with more armor.
EDIT: It turns out that the Wolfhound apparently has the maximum armor possible for a mech of its size.  So...guess I'd be dead if it was another mech?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 10, 2015, 03:48:46 pm »

Sorry, I'll adjust that section tomorrow to better indicate that it was the fedcom pilot whose career was over. :P Jack did great, and fought until ge couldn't anymore. I was debating punching him out each round, though.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 10, 2015, 03:56:27 pm »

Sooo… I go ahead and take the hit for the FedCom pilot losing his Mech. Jack, meanwhile, makes sure that his entire unit knows what a gutless wonder he is. By the time the smear campaign is over, it’s unlikely he’ll ever get another mech.

For some reason, the first time I read that, I thought that Jack was telling everyone that he himself was a gutless wonder so that he himself would never get another mech.
You weren't the only one.  :P

Maybe he should look at trading the WLF in for something more mobile. Can't die if they can't hit you. Unless you trip, get kicked hard, fail a piloting roll, walk into a building with an unknown basement, run into a minefield, get the dropship landed on you....you know what, never mind. More armor is probably good.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #388 on: December 10, 2015, 04:06:37 pm »

Hahahah, yeah, it was surprising that Jack was still standing after that long. I mean, how many crits that those legs get, plus missed kicks and received kicks? :P

I kept thinking I must've missed something in that script that hadn't caught on to the fact that the Wolfhound had been wallowing in the mud for a while :P

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 10, 2015, 05:13:39 pm »

Hm...

*ten minutes of excel work and searching through the finance tab later*

Sure, that should be possible. I'll go ahead and work it into the company post later. These values aren't 100% accurate for the first contract, but they're close enough.

Han Zoku - 234,110.73 C-Bills
James Brenner - 198,452.27 C-Bills
Jack Eustance - 198,452.27 C-Bills
Zhou Smythe - 119,575.36 C-Bills
Konrad Lai - 123,775.36 C-Bills
Xidonius Oniislyvia - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Alexander Roberts - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Martin Johnson - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Kevin Collier - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Roger Williams - 81,816.91 C-Bills
Arnaud Faye - 81,816.91 C-Bills

Not bad for a few months work (And a few near-death experiences)  8)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40