Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73974 times)

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2015, 10:58:09 am »

You can change the rating method on the general tab in the campaign options, where you set your name and camo as well.

Factory is even better than maintenance facility. ;)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2015, 03:35:55 am »

Interlude 4
Unwelcome Surprises

Spoiler: Delevan (click to show/hide)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 18, 2015, 08:58:00 am »

Bah, that was exhausting. I finished playing the battle for Episode 5, a Base Battle (Defender). 50+ mechs and vehicles moving per round really bogs down the turns.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 18, 2015, 09:02:21 am »

That will be the 2nd battle, right? The one for the battle lance?

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 18, 2015, 10:08:59 am »

Bah, that was exhausting. I finished playing the battle for Episode 5, a Base Battle (Defender). 50+ mechs and vehicles moving per round really bogs down the turns.

:o

Damn, 50+ ? Hopefully it turned out okay for us.
I can only imagine how long that took/ will take to write up.

Really liking what you're writing, but definitely feel free to cut back if you're feeling burnt out - I want to see this continue :)

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 18, 2015, 10:20:29 am »

I'm keeping the writing pieces to 4-5 pages normally speaking, as that's a small, easy amount to write in a week.

The second battle with Battle Lance is going to be this week's Episode, the base defense is our third battle and Command Lance's debut.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #171 on: November 18, 2015, 10:23:34 am »

GM Mode, right-click, delete mission :P

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 18, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »

*slow clap*

You pretty much nailed it on your depiction of Konrad. Am raising glass of sauerbrau to you.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 18, 2015, 06:15:44 pm »

Really liking the way this is going so far. I am also a fan of the way Konrad is portrayed - he's not mine, but he is pretty entertaining.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 19, 2015, 01:00:28 am »

Thanks! It's entirely RedKing's fault - he ended up making me read all of Drive in one sitting, so I have something of a handle on how his character would talk. :)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 19, 2015, 02:35:41 am »

Hanzoku probably generated the Base Battle (Defender) mission just for our benefit.  Otherwise, our forces would have to have poor morale and the chance is still 1-2%.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 19, 2015, 02:40:35 am »

Thanks! It's entirely RedKing's fault - he ended up making me read all of Drive in one sitting, so I have something of a handle on how his character would talk. :)
Hey, double bonus -- it's a good strip. Really liked the supplemental thing they did with Nosh in Moscow.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 19, 2015, 02:48:09 am »

Hanzoku probably generated the Base Battle (Defender) mission just for our benefit.  Otherwise, our forces would have to have poor morale and the chance is still 1-2%.

Nope, that's what the game rolled up for us. It really surprised me, as the chance of a base defender mission on normal enemy morale is.... 0. Huh, that's probably a bug, or they set it to 1 out of a 100 roll inside MegaMek.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 19, 2015, 11:59:56 am »

Where were the girls? This city sure looked more like a refugee camp than a good place where on could be celebrated as a hero. Well, that has some time, we just arrived. But that the pirates controlled most of the country around the city had some more implications than just the overcrowded streets. The local brewery was not in the area controlled by the army (what army? HE seemed more competent than most of the officers he met and who told them where to patrol. And all he knew were movies and the Solaris Fights.). Sure, it might not be a high value target for the military. But moral would be higher if people had more to drink, Martin was sure. And they didn't seem to choose their targets by their military value anyway, more by who owned land where. If they went out at all. The officers looked snappy in their fresh uniforms, but the rank and file seemed exhausted and demotivated. Hell, he didn't even want to relieve them of their pay during a friendly card game. And the officers wouldn't play with him. Too bad. If they played cards like they played war he'd own half the planet in no time.

"Oh, hi Lance Commander. Do you want some tipps on where to spend your hard earned money during this downtime?
"What? Now? But we just came back like an hour ago?"
"Yes, I know, sorry, I am just tired of these long walks through the countryside along some fields that belong to the mayor, or some bloody officer or someone who pays an officer. I will be back in a minute. And I know it is not your fault."

Off we go to another pirate hunt...

--------------------
Also, I had it twice now that vehicles that have been immobilized can't be repaired. It says they are fine after you repair in the repairbay, but if you edit the damage in GM mode you see that they have full motive system damage. And you can't even get rid of it in GM mode. I'll just remove the thing and GM me another.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 19, 2015, 12:56:49 pm »

GM mode repairing things seems a little buggy. I recall coming across a similar thing, except IIRC with hips.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40