Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

See Episode 11, Which contract should we take?

Contract 1, FedCom Extraction Raid
- 4 (100%)
Contract 2, Outworlds Alliance Recon Raid
- 0 (0%)
Contract 3, FedCom Recon Raid #1
- 0 (0%)
Contract 4, FedCom Recon Raid #2
- 0 (0%)
None of the above - wait a month and try again (please post to specify acceptable contract criteria)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)  (Read 73929 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Play MegaMek (Against the Bot campaign)
« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2015, 03:51:36 am »

I dunno I am in the Command Lance, it is pretty much made of awesome.

Also seriously!?! Urban Mechs? Where did they come from?

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2015, 04:18:28 am »

I don't know, I think they were hopping along behind the others on their jump jets. The AI doesn't always generate the smartest light lance combinations.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2015, 04:23:58 am »

I don't know, I think they were hopping along behind the others on their jump jets. The AI doesn't always generate the smartest light lance combinations.

It is just a weird thing to be there in general.

It would be like if they brought a submarine with them as well. If it wasn't random I normally would actually find the fact that they were using Urban Mechs to be very interesting because it suggests they stole it from somewhere, probably somewhere nearby (because Urban Mechs are SLOW!)

It is a logistics nightmare a hole in the fabric of space and time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 04:47:48 am by Neonivek »

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2015, 04:54:26 am »

Given the fluff I'm writing for this campaign, I would not be at all surprised if they did bring them along from somewhere nearby. Our allies... are not the most competent once they get anywhere near the command level.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2015, 04:59:23 am »

Given the fluff I'm writing for this campaign, I would not be at all surprised if they did bring them along from somewhere nearby. Our allies... are not the most competent once they get anywhere near the command level.

So basically they raided a city and stole their police blockade Mechs :P

As silly as that sounds I always wanted to play a game where we are in a dire situation and basically take construction mechs and fight the enemy retrofitting their parts onto it and building from there.

Also Poor enemy I remember when I played the early game with only green and ultra green abilities. Lets just say that Pulse lasers are your friend.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 06:04:50 am by Neonivek »

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2015, 06:23:03 am »

My poor phoenix hawk. I tried shooting so many times but I couldn't even down a urbanmech! Oh well, at least I got the pity kill.

Yeah, you really gotta love those ultragreen gunnery levels right? :P

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2015, 06:32:45 am »

It didn't help it was an UrbanMech, either. In addition to being as heavily armored as a 30t mech can manage, one of its quirks gives it a -1 penalty to being hit, reducing Xidonius' chances even further. He probably would have taken apart a Stinger or Wasp easily in the same amount of time.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2015, 06:36:11 am »

Can you link the download of your version? Mine looks a bit different and seems to be older. It also misses the picture of the J Edgar. :D

Yes, but Stinger and Wasp are faster and also only weigh 20t each. That said, they are mostly dying quickly.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2015, 07:23:25 am »

Sure, I'm using 0.3.19, found here (Thanks to RedKing finding back the correct URL)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2015, 07:47:21 am »

At least none of the enemies are fielding bad luck generators (a name I just made up).

Nothing that pings for 1 damage 10 time or that can take our head off with one go... Well except the AC10

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2015, 08:27:51 am »

No, we're luckily a couple years away from LB/X crit-seekers pinging away at us, but even a machinegun can lead to !!FUN!! with center torso crits.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2015, 09:11:10 am »

Just before I started a new campaign with the newer download (thanks for that!) I lost two Crusaders in two missions. The first one to overwhelming damage, it was just salvage afterwards. The other one (a better version) in turn 2, after he recieved 2 AC/5 hits to the head in a row from a Scorpion Light tank. :D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:17:18 pm by Rince Wind »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2015, 12:29:27 pm »

Whoa, I was not expecting us to win this at all. I have the worst luck with chase missions! Or maybe we were just lucky here...I mean, a 1/3 ally that takes down 4 units, half of the objective? :D

Loving it so far. How are you compiling the battle statistics? I've never seen output like that - I hope you're not doing it manually!

Also, those infantry rules sound particularly awesome. Once you get 4 lances you need to deploy 2 of them to Fight/Scout, and you get a ton of battles.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2015, 03:48:44 pm »

So basically they raided a city and stole their police blockade Mechs :P

As silly as that sounds I always wanted to play a game where we are in a dire situation and basically take construction mechs and fight the enemy retrofitting their parts onto it and building from there.

Also Poor enemy I remember when I played the early game with only green and ultra green abilities. Lets just say that Pulse lasers are your friend.

You can totally do that in MegaMek: Against the Bot.  Just give your starting unit construction mechs instead of regular mechs, and try to be a mercenary without military-grade hardware at start.  If you are careful with your weights, its possible, as mechs of any sort generally trump vehicles.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2015, 05:21:43 pm »

Whoa, I was not expecting us to win this at all. I have the worst luck with chase missions! Or maybe we were just lucky here...I mean, a 1/3 ally that takes down 4 units, half of the objective? :D

Loving it so far. How are you compiling the battle statistics? I've never seen output like that - I hope you're not doing it manually!

Also, those infantry rules sound particularly awesome. Once you get 4 lances you need to deploy 2 of them to Fight/Scout, and you get a ton of battles.

Yeah, I did them manually this first time. Did people like them and find them useful, or are you fine with just a general description from each round?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40