Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: TSSA of USS Excellence! IC Thread! Episode 1: New And Old  (Read 5042 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: TSSA of USS Excellence! IC Thread! Episode 1: New And Old
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2015, 04:53:42 pm »

@Lianna Aris:

Level 2 Diagnostic has begun.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2015, 04:57:29 pm »

Sighing, Lianna sat down to wait for the diagnostics to complete.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:05:46 pm by Swordstar »

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »

Cole Griner heads to Main Engineering, awaiting further orders. "Possible ambush, eh?" he mutters to himself "Hopefully nothing too... capable is out there to take us on." He sighs worriedly as he reaches the room.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 05:31:52 pm by coleslaw35 »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2015, 05:15:16 pm »

Glancing up at the Ensign who'd just entered, Lianna shrugged and went back to waiting for the diagnostics to finish. Until that was done, she had no real orders for the man.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »

Lieutenant Harris Dennison grimaced as she reclined in her chair in the Shields room, listening to the PA. She stood at the ready by the console, internally debating whether to simply wait for the order for shields to be raised, to ask, or just to do it anyway. Probably not the last one. Safe was better than sorry, but she suspected that would be a bad start to her career on this ship...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 06:13:02 pm »

"As I suspected," the captain declared, sounding rather pleased--if somewhat confused--at being referred to as 'my liege.'  "Enhance our sensor imaging and attempt to bring the object up on viewscreen.  I want to see what will be shooting at us before they see what they'll be shooting at.  Commander Flint, inform Lieutenant Commander Boten that he should launch a probe in the starboard-ly direction."

He flipped a button on the chair, activating communications to different parts of the ship.  "Shield control, this is your captain speaking.  Prepare to activate systems."
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:15:35 pm by Lucus Casius »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2015, 06:15:34 pm »

Lieutenant Van Kruse slouches in his seat on the bridge, idly scratching himself as he waits for something to happen. The stress from keeping watch for enemy attacks every moment burns out many Weapons Officers every year, but it's clear that Lt. Kruse will never suffer that fate. At the mention of the destruction of the USS Sardine he turns to the Captain and carefully salutes. "Permission to set the weapons to hot, Captain? No point in giving any enemies the drop on us."

((Before anyone asks, I'm imagining that this would just disable most of the safeties on the weapons and ready them for approaching combat. This would be pretty much entirely fluff. I want to do something while waiting around for combat after all.))

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2015, 06:17:07 pm »

"Permission granted, lieutenant!  There's no telling how soon they'll come to attack us, and we'll need to be ready."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2015, 06:19:59 pm »

"Roger that, Captain." Sera says, and then turns to Seth, who should probably be on the bridge. "Lt. Commander Boten, you heard the captain."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2015, 06:35:20 pm »

"Alright." Lt. Kruse gives another careful salute, and then switches on his PA. "Attention everyone, weapons are now going hot. Please follow all proper safety guidelines, and if you are standing in front of the torpedo tubes I'd move if I were you." With that said he turns off the PA and presses several commands and confirmations on his console. "Weapons are now hot." With his job completed, the lieutenant slouches back against his seat and keeps a careful eye on his console for any hostiles that might appear. Even the most advanced computer systems were liable to make mistakes, and the last thing the Excellence needed to do was shoot any any lifeboats from the Sardine with a broken IFF.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 06:36:41 pm »

Daren finds himself hankering for some coffee. Unfortunately as combat is a possibility, he can't just transport it to him, so he activates the comm to the mess hall and orders a coffee

That settled, he begins a Level 4 Diagnostic
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:44:33 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:58 pm »

"Of course, my liege."
Honoré set the sensor console to the viewscreen and fiddled with the console in an attempt to get the object into visuals.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 07:03:16 pm »

Lieutenant Commander Maria Alsager quietly continued to work in the Sick Bay, making sure all stations were ready for the worst case by conducting a Medical Equipment Calibration

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 07:16:32 pm »

Juanita then enters the room, and hears the captain's orders.
"Ahm on it, cap'uhn"
She then goes to the Sick Bay, and also calibrates the medical equipment, singing "What Abou' The Chill' Run".
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 07:39:25 pm »

Harris nodded. That solved the problem nicely. "Shield Control ready, Captain," she said, comms flipped on momentarily to respond. Harris went through the procedures to start them up, but held them at standby, ready to fully raise at a moment's notice. "Raising on your mark."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6