Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: The Story Of A Dwarven Monster-Slayer  (Read 5461 times)

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
Re: The Story Of A Dwarven Monster-Slayer
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2015, 12:41:05 pm »

Aaaaand I've found him.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2015, 01:19:24 pm »

Truth be told, I'm kind of tired of posting constant screenshots of every part of the fight, so I'll describe the battle:

Eric Linelanterns the dwarf, travelling through the labyrinth encountered te infamous minotaur Lancedbelch the Ugly Froth. Lancedbelch was very skinny, with pink skin and brown hair. In his bull-shaped head were two black eyes that looked at Eric with hunger and rage. He charged at the dwarven swordsman, only to discover that his prey was much nimbler than he thought. Eric continously dodged and jumped back from the minotaur's punches and gores. He swung his sword at him a couple of times himself, only to miss. After trying to swing his sword at the minotaur for a fourth time, he was greeted by a scratch to his right foot from the minotaur's claw. The cut was very deep, tearing through the muscle and even bruising the bone, but he was going to have to ignore it for now.

As the minotaur charged again, Eric slashed at him with his iron short sword, tearing open the beast's upper body and bruising his heart with the force of the blow. Only when Lancedbelch began bleeding profusely from the wound did Eric realize he had cut open an artery. Falling back more, and dodging even more punches and gores, Eric swung his sword again. Another gash was made in the beast's body, and judging by how the minotaur was heaving for air, Eric guessed that he had injured a lung with the force of the blow.

Eric swung his sword again, this time hitting the minotaur's upper right arm. Despite barely breaking the skin, the sword was stuck in Lancedbelch's arm. To make things worse, Lancedbelch had taken advantage of the situation to grab Eric by the finger with his other arm! Eric, in an attempt to struggle free, was knocked backwards, though he was able to pull out the sword. On the ground, he blocked the first of the minotaur's stomps with his shield and then rolled away before the second stomp could hit the ground.

"Enough of this", Eric said as he stood up, and he swung his sword at Lancedbelch, this time hitting him in the neck. The beast's upper spine was shattered, and the once deadly minotaur collapsed to the ground before him.

Eric used his sword to chop off the minotaur's horns, planning to keep them as souveneirs of his victory. He then swung his sword, for one last time, to chop the beast's head off.

Lancedbelch the Ugly Froth the minotaur has been struck down.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 02:19:09 pm by Potato9999 »

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2015, 01:57:53 pm »

Having returned to Mokus, I have learned of a new nearby beast: Romi Chantlizards the Bearded Crab, a forest titan. Apparently he's killed forty-four people, so he's either old or dangerous. Anyways, his shrine is called Windywater and it's about a half day's travel from Tamedlance, so the battle should happen soon.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2015, 02:01:29 pm »

So I'm at the shrine, and the first thing I see is the skeleton of a long-dead goblin named Nako Ngostongarstruk.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2015, 02:03:03 pm »

And now I've found the titan, surrounded by the skeletons of more goblins and a dwarf.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »

Having discovered the titan, Eric drew his sword and shield and prepared to slay this vile forest titan. The titan was a huge nematode-shaped creature, with closely set oval-shaped ash gray scales, a knobby shell, and a regal bearing.

The nematode titan began breathing globs of deadly spittle at Eric, one of which barely missed him, so Eric began to run, hoping he could throw the bones of the many skeletons to try and hurt the beast. He started by picking up a goblin skull and chucking it at the nematode. The skull missed, and Eric jumped away from another glob of deadly spit. Eric ran to a bile of bones that looked like it matched the skull, and threw them at the nematode, only for those to miss as well.

Eric finally decided that the only way to kill this titan eas to attack it up front, so he charged and struck the nematode's body, only for his sword to dent the scale. A second, heavier strike was able to tear the scale, but no further damage was observed. Another strike to the shell caused nothing but a dent. After multiple slashes doing nothing but tearing the scales, Eric stabbed the beast with a heavy blow, tearing through the nematode's muscle and bruising its heart with the force of the blow.

That pissed it off. A lot. The nematode, despite having fallen over, was now enraged. Jumping away from another glob of spit, Eric ran towards it and dealt another heavy stab, piercing through the scales, through the muscle, and tearing open its brain.

Romi Chantlizards the Bearded Crab the forest titan has been struck down.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2015, 02:18:42 pm »

I've heard stories of worm-like forgotten beasts exploding upon death, but I don't know if that applies to titans or not, so I'm gonna try and loot the place as much as I can while at the same time keeping a good distance away from the corpse.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2015, 03:07:16 pm »

Mokun has revealed another monster that isn't too far away, a cyclops named  Gica Yellrusset the Breach of Rights. The cyclops lives in a cave known as Cavedank.

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »

PTW

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2015, 05:52:05 pm »

I've found the entrance to the cyclop's cave, now it's just a matter of finding the beast.

(Hopefully I can take it's eye out and wrap up the fight quickly)

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2015, 06:14:29 pm »

Well, the cyclops suprised me while I was mindlessly travelling through the cave. All of a sudden there's a dark red C and my character is on the ground...

And the fight has just begun.

Eric was able to roll away from the cyclops' attack, and stood back up, drew his sword and shield, and prepared for battle. His opponent, the cyclops, had pale taupe skin, dark brown and extremely long hair, and a belarded frame. From her protruding chestnut eye she looked at him with rage and tried to grab the swordsdwarf, who jumped away just in time. After a few initial failed strikes from each fighter, Eric attempted to stab her eye out, the result being that he missed and stabbed her somewhere else in the head instead. A follow-up slash to the lower body resulted in the fat being cut through, but not the muscle. A second failed strike to the eye resulted in Eric's iron sword piercing the cyclops' head a second time, after which the cyclops passed out from the pain and collapsed to the ground. After multiple attempts to try and pierce the brain, Eric decided to just let the cyclops bleed to death instead.

Gica Vafecívira Fecaci Enore, Cyclops, has been struck down.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2015, 06:15:14 pm »

I've decided to venture further into the cave and see where it takes me.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2015, 07:40:28 pm »

not bad
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2015, 03:47:45 am »

Not bad for a newbie. PTW
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »

Travelling back to Tamedlances, Eric discovered a goblin siege camp. With a feeling of unease, he began to sneak towards the camp, directly north of north. To his northwest was a goblin recruit, undoubtedly a guard. The guard spotted him, and yelled about an intruder.
     Eric decided to run, having the goblin chase him around the back end of the tent, but then, for some reason, the goblin ran away, yelling for help. Unshaken, Eric approached the tent's entrance, but the tent was already alerted as a pike-wielding goblin rushed out to attack him. Eric drew his sword and shield and prepared to battle. After a quick parry, Eric slashed the goblin's upper body, his sword shattering through the goblin's left false ribs and knocking him unconscious. Jumping into the unconscious pikeman knocked him into full view of the tent, and a goblin hammerman now rushed out to do battle. After another quick parry, Eric swung his sword, lodging his sword firmly in the goblin's neck and shattering his upper spine. Walking into the tent, two goblins and a human axeman had their backs turned to him. Eric took advantage of this with two quick stabs to the goblin axeman's back, tearing through his left lung. After a parry, Eric stabbed a third time, this time tearing through the goblin's right lung and causing him to pass out. After making quick work of the other goblin and human, Eric exited the tent to find the paralyzed goblin hammerman trying to slowly inch his way away from the tent. Eric ended the goblin's suffering by crushing his head with his steel shield.
     He saw a second, smaller tent southeast of the main tent, with at least four more goblins inside. Having quickly killed them as well, Eric travelled away from the tents to find the goblin recruit who tried to run away from him. Eric snuck up behind the goblin and punched him in the back of the head. The recruit, startled, swung back, but Eric jumped away. The goblin kicked Eric the arm, to which Eric responded by grabbing the goblin's head and throwing him to the ground. Eric punched the goblin's head multiple times, even kicking the goblin's throat, which resulted in him bleeding to death very quickly. Travelling further north, he found himself greeted by a silver crossbow bolt, which he narrowly avoided. There was another goblin encampment. He slashed his way through and continued north to Tamedlanced
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5