Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Beyond Sol OOC Thread (Thinking of Reviving. See latest post)  (Read 21275 times)

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Sol (A Science Fiction Forum Game) (16/20)
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2015, 01:00:16 am »

We only have 2-3 people who know how to fight in close quarters. So we're ducked if a bigger group of enemies get on board.
I'm with stupid |
                      v

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2015, 01:10:07 am »

We only have 2-3 people who know how to fight in close quarters. So we're ducked if a bigger group of enemies get on board.

I'm actually going to allow that guns are able to be fired on a ship without fucking things up, so that's not as bad of a problem.  Unless, as mentioned, those enemies have armor that effectively fucks over ballistic weapons.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2015, 01:20:00 am »

Flechette rounds or similar?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

armach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Sol (A Science Fiction Forum Game) (14/20)
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2015, 01:24:55 am »

Put some points into plasma. Also IDK why, but for some reason I thought there'd be different ammo types for the rifle to offset that kinda stuff. Must of been some other space game. 
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 01:28:09 am by armach »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2015, 05:29:48 am »

You have surpassed the challenge of Metal. I hereby award you the title of Heavy Metal.
Black lives matter.

DontBanTheMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2015, 05:37:34 am »

PTR. Posting character sheet tommorow.
Life isn't fair, and neither am I.

Starsheen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2015, 09:42:23 am »

Um, simple solution. Can I have a "lunar beam assault riffle" or something?. Same as the martian one except it fires beams and is from the moon. That and switch the skills from ballistic to beam.

Seems to solve your "O crap what if they have armor against ballistics?" thing. Plus, how does somebody from one place get and specialize in weapons from another place (moon and mars). That, and do they have nothing but sniper riffles on the moon?

I don't know, maybe it's a gunsmithing thing kinda like Swan on Starcraft 2 with the upgrades? If that's the case, then maybe we need little of that to make it happen? Not sure.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:44:06 am by Starsheen »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Sol (A Science Fiction Forum Game) (11/20)
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2015, 09:51:19 am »

Where are my soldiers at?

We have like 5 pistols listed and nobody with the plasma skill to use 'em.

Wait, seriously?

*glances to completed sheets*

Oh god, you guys are fucked if you come across a hostile who has armor strong against ballistic weapons and the Fool can't get off a clear shot.

I have been saying we need more people who can fight something. If we get boarded I'll slice things up my with sword but I have a sniper and a ground vehicle driver who thank god can use a gun, in my department and that's about it. If they come at us 12 deep, I'll get em, but 'm gonna be busy. That's all I'm saying. Give me one more dedicated soldier and I'm good.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 09:57:54 am by Robot Parade Leader »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2015, 10:03:54 am »

Lionel knows how to use the transport's weapons... Somewhat.
Black lives matter.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2015, 10:04:15 am »

Seems to solve your "O crap what if they have armor against ballistics?" thing. Plus, how does somebody from one place get and specialize in weapons from another place (moon and mars). That, and do they have nothing but sniper riffles on the moon?

It's been two generations of peace. I don't see why you'd keep weapons a secret in a time of peace. And we only had 1 sniper rifle. I'd be concerned if Venus or Mars didn't make sniper rifles. :P

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2015, 10:11:54 am »

I'll slice things up my with sword

Sick bay will be kept up and running for this. Not a problem. I do have a 10 in surgery, so it'll work out.

:P
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2015, 10:12:38 am »

Probably its "lets grab the best weapons from everyones armories". As for why no laser assault rifles, well, theres the game balance reason and the science reason.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2015, 10:30:18 am »

May as well do a short journal from time to time.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2015, 12:49:06 pm »

Wait, so how do combat skills work? If you have, say, 3 points in ballistics (+3), 2 in mid-ranged (+1) and none in plasma or short-ranged (-5), what's your modifier going to be when firing an assault rifle (mid-ballistic), shotgun (short-ballistic) or plasma pistol (mid-plasma)?
On another note, I've finished writing up my sheet so it can be added to the character list now.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Sol (A Science Fiction Forum Game) (17/20)
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2015, 02:25:24 pm »

Flechette rounds or similar?

Game's complex enough without introducing multiple forms of ammo.  Just go with the plasma pistols.

Um, simple solution. Can I have a "lunar beam assault riffle" or something?

No.  I already have plasma pistols to serve as a weapon to use when you come across enemies with high resistance to the primary weapon.

Give me one more dedicated soldier and I'm good.

Unless all the remaining sheets turn up as people wanting to be engineers, you'll have your soldiers.

Wait, so how do combat skills work? If you have, say, 3 points in ballistics (+3), 2 in mid-ranged (+1) and none in plasma or short-ranged (-5), what's your modifier going to be when firing an assault rifle (mid-ballistic), shotgun (short-ballistic) or plasma pistol (mid-plasma)?
On another note, I've finished writing up my sheet so it can be added to the character list now.

Combat skills grant you a modifier for a weapon equal to the character's skill in the weapon's range plus the skill in the weapon type.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12