Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49595 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2015, 09:30:32 am »

"Orthodox Judaeism" is a lot like "Fundamentalist Christian".

Both are umbrellas for many different kinds of people that meet the broader description.  There are different kinds of orthodox jew, as there are different kinds of fundie christian. (Say, Baptist vs Pentecostal.) There are groups of orthodox jews that are downright nasty to non-semitic people, and non-practicing jews.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2015, 09:32:15 am »

Wierd, we know what a no-go zone is, I just doubt that they really exist in Sweden.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2015, 09:54:02 am »

Wierd, we know what a no-go zone is, I just doubt that they really exist in Sweden.

I'd guess the journalist doubted that too.

edit: For clarification, "no-go zone" was Loud Whisper's words, but there are areas where police, ambulances, and firetrucks can't go without getting stone thrown at them. And now apparently neither can journalists.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:56:06 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2015, 10:11:51 am »

I was responding specifically to the prior poster who asked this:

so what happened? i get the impression from what you said that a Swedish reporter or a few went into some area and some idiots  thought they were refugees and threw stuff at them. is that right?

This indicated that they did not understand the term, which is why I linked it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2015, 10:16:29 am »

Also no, they did not think they were refugees. They went to an immigrant-heavy neighbourhood to interview people from there about the stone throwing, and got attacked by a group of thugs.
Love, scriver~

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2015, 04:25:04 pm »

Thanks Yuros, you are best entertainment, very good at eurovision
In all seriousness though welcome to obvious consequences yet again, I really shouldn't laugh but I'm being vindicated in the most hilarious ways, it's like parody come to life. By the way the "refugees" have broken through the Slovenian border so you can be enriched some more ;P There is no need to be upset, it is merely zuspät4u
Dunno what are you on about, but "refugees" have been "breaking through Slovenian border" for some time now, or 85k+ in 10 days if you believe that filthy liberal outlet called BBC. Totes nothing to do with some certain country creating a complete bottleneck by going the Madagascar route. Though there is also talk on both Slovenian and Austrian side about erecting a fence... buuuut at least in Austria's case with an intention of creating more orderly passage instead of complete lock-down. *shrug* Makes sense I guess. Of course, posh-Austrian are accusing real Austrian of transporting refugees at night to their borders... sounds like Balkan is leaking. Upwards. Now THAT'S fun time.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2015, 04:34:18 pm »

Thanks Yuros, you are best entertainment, very good at eurovision
In all seriousness though welcome to obvious consequences yet again, I really shouldn't laugh but I'm being vindicated in the most hilarious ways, it's like parody come to life. By the way the "refugees" have broken through the Slovenian border so you can be enriched some more ;P There is no need to be upset, it is merely zuspät4u
Dunno what are you on about, but "refugees" have been "breaking through Slovenian border" for some time now, or 85k+ in 10 days if you believe that filthy liberal outlet called BBC.
Yeah but then they deployed the military, barricades and presumably fluorescent traffic cones. Broke them too! Ha!

Totes nothing to do with some certain country creating a complete bottleneck by going the Madagascar route.
State clearly what you are asserting.

Though there is also talk on both Slovenian and Austrian side about erecting a fence... buuuut at least in Austria's case with an intention of creating more orderly passage instead of complete lock-down. *shrug* Makes sense I guess. Of course, posh-Austrian are accusing real Austrian of transporting refugees at night to their borders... sounds like Balkan is leaking. Upwards. Now THAT'S fun time.
BUENO
Btw did you see the progressive refugee marches I posted earlier?

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2015, 06:48:34 pm »

"This is our future." Hahahahahaha good job Germany
Progression of progressive niqab housewives with deadly prams and explosive bearded babies. Git gud, Kafirs.

Austria wants to build a fence along its border with Slovenia.
The closed Schengen border: The philophers' stone of right-wing populists. "Close the borders close the borders close the borders what borders there are no fucking borders how do they work?"

I don't know what the actual political situation is in Austria, but it's pretty certain that if one the central EU countries emphatically says "Fuck Schengen," others will soon follow suit. Judging by how things are going around here, I get the feeling that the only thing sustaining Schengen at this point is sheer political inertia and fear of salty Merkels – just one more nudge and the political scales will tip in favour of isolationism, because that's what the terror-stricken electorate is clamouring for.

I don't know where we're headed at this rate, but barbed wire and German shepherds will not solve the humanitarian crisis in the Middle East, and the problems caused by people smuggling will get worse with every restriction imposed on free mobility.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2015, 06:54:40 pm »

Several refugees are refusing to leave their bus because their housing is not good enough. The reason? "It's in the middle of nowhere".

Similarly, several people are refusing their housing in a military complex. "The forest is scary".

Not the first times either, the same thing happened in back in September, iirc. It's so nice to know our sacrifices are being appreciated.
Love, scriver~

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2015, 07:33:32 pm »

Generally when something sounds incredible and I have not learned the details about the subject, I conclude that there is important information I dont know.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:49 pm »

Similarly, several people are refusing their housing in a military complex. "The forest is scary".
"Never seen a forest before?"

"Um, no, I haven't. Is that weird?"

Meanwhile (a few days ago), in the country that's sort of like Sweden but with less beheadings and no-go zones and spoopy forests and jihad and all that: https://vimeo.com/143481565

Explanation: Anti-immigrant demonstration and anti-fascist counter-demonstration in front of Helsinki Cathedral; ~20 wingnuts, ~20 anarchists, and a full-blown cop festival with storm troopers in full riot gear and gorillion party vans and fucking police horses.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The police keeps complaining how they have no money and no manpower to do anything, and yet, this has to be some kind of record for pointless security theatre...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

Information one does not know-- Yup.

Like what percentage of refugees are acting this way, for starters. Humans have behavior that ranges from sane and sensible to batshit crazy and irrational.

Given a sufficiently large sample to work with, isolated instances of the latter are easy to find. That does not make sensationalizing them become representative of the majority.

Saying "some refugees are picky bitches" like that, is like saying "Some New Yorkers believe Hitler was right." 

Dont fall for the sensationalist pablum spread by the media; it is designed to distort the truth for the purposes of selling the story.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2015, 02:37:26 am »

Nobody said they are not. It was just kinda agreed that isn't something unexpected.

BUENO
Btw did you see the progressive refugee marches I posted earlier?
Skimmed over that liveleaks video, I could be sassy and say I don't understand the language they are using and thus am unable to comment on what they are really all about, but frankly it's yet another flag-weaving, slogans-shouting we-are-right mob. It's funny how identical they seem to their mirrored counterparts.

Yeah but then they deployed the military, barricades and presumably fluorescent traffic cones. Broke them too! Ha!
I heard of no fluorescent traffic cones-related violence, stop spreading your gay fasci anti-EU propaganda, nazi scum.

State clearly what you are asserting.
Never.

edit:
But to avoid being called a senseless shitposting scumlord, here an interesting story: True Austrians temporarily ship some refugees to Slovakia, silly time ensues. Why there always seems there no concrete work-plan for situations like this I will probably never understand. 
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:46:29 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 29, 2015, 03:38:52 am »

Because people like Orban or Cameron do their best to block everything.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 29, 2015, 04:12:46 am »

Generally when something sounds incredible and I have not learned the details about the subject, I conclude that there is important information I dont know.

Like the myths a portion of Syrians believe about Sweden?

It should be noted that Sweden's capacity to handle refugees are currently way beyond exceeded and the people who arrive now won't be able to get even the "basic" treatment. Sweden's government and main opposition just agreed to institute limited time (three years iirc) asylum periods to "amend" the situation. Which will of course only make the situation worse because the problem isn't how long people are staying it is the amount of people arriving at the same time, and now, not who of them is still here in three years. Goddamn morons.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39