Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49584 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #285 on: October 26, 2015, 10:22:19 pm »

I'm rather proud of the fact that people round here keep saying I change when the topics of conversation change.  A week ago a bunch of the liberal americans in the political thread were asking why I had changed into such a bullheaded Clinton partisan who was denying that Bernie Sanders had won the debate.

I don't remember people saying that, but okay......

And yes you were being a Clinton partisan over there. If anybody 'won' the debate, it was both Sanders and Clinton since Webb and Chafee both had poor showings. O'Malley didn't do great, but he didn't do it particularly poorly either.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 26, 2015, 10:53:10 pm »

Oh hey, that's a nice spot over there you've moved the goalposts.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #287 on: October 28, 2015, 07:22:41 am »

"This is our future." Hahahahahaha good job Germany

Also a Swede reporter tried to go into a no go zone, did not realize why they're called no go zones and got pelted with rocks the tolerant swedish way
"They thought we crossed the border and that we were standing on their land, says Valentina Xhaferi."
Top lel

Thanks Yuros, you are best entertainment, very good at eurovision
In all seriousness though welcome to obvious consequences yet again, I really shouldn't laugh but I'm being vindicated in the most hilarious ways, it's like parody come to life. By the way the "refugees" have broken through the Slovenian border so you can be enriched some more ;P There is no need to be upset, it is merely zuspät4u

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 28, 2015, 07:40:47 am »

Austria wants to build a fence along its border with Slovenia.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #289 on: October 28, 2015, 07:49:53 am »

Austria wants to build a fence along its border with Slovenia.
A border on the border between two schengens? Well that's sort of new.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 28, 2015, 07:52:43 am »

Also a Swede reporter tried to go into a no go zone, did not realize why they're called no go zones and got pelted with rocks the tolerant swedish way
"They thought we crossed the border and that we were standing on their land, says Valentina Xhaferi."
Top lel

In all seriousness though welcome to obvious consequences yet again, I really shouldn't laugh but I'm being vindicated in the most hilarious ways, it's like parody come to life. By the way the "refugees" have broken through the Slovenian border so you can be enriched some more ;P There is no need to be upset, it is merely zuspät4u
But there's no such thing as no-go zones, that's just a racist conspiracy theory! :^)
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 28, 2015, 08:08:40 am »

Lock up those gates of Vienna.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 28, 2015, 08:11:11 am »

But there's no such thing as no-go zones, that's just a racist conspiracy theory! :^)

Are there really no-go zones? That seems extreme, WTF are you up to Sweden?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 28, 2015, 09:00:31 am »

Top lel

Those guys with black flag have beatiful nasheed huh.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #294 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:54 am »

Cheeki nashid selawat

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 28, 2015, 09:08:41 am »

Top lel

Wait, no-go zones are real? That's just stupid and shouldn't be tolerated IMO.

Before, I thought the no-go zones were just some political BS that was being thrown around and not an actual thing being implemented or thought about. Pardon me saying it in here in the EU thread of all places, but no-go zones would be un-American.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 09:17:43 am by smjjames »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 28, 2015, 09:17:02 am »

Herein lies the problem with universal tolerance.  It is impossible. Universal tolerance requires tolerance of intolerance.

If you are intolerant to intolerance, then you have to infringe on groups who's creed revolves around elitism. This includes orthodox judaeism, and islamic extremism. (Both groups hold views that their group is the bestest best thing ever, and is naturally blessed with divine favor, so they can do all kinds of terrible things to other groups of people. It's right in their religious texts.)

It sure would be nice if people could be sensible, but people who's religious faith centers around non-sensible things, like divine favor enabled biggotry, makes this impossible.

The best that you can do is say something along the lines of "you can have your religious faith, but you cant always act on it, if doing so results in violating the law."

If Sweden is allowing religious freedoms to trump civil behavior and citizen rights under the law, (such as the implication of these "no go zones") then they are screwing up hard.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 28, 2015, 09:19:22 am »

Top lel

Wait, no-go zones are real? That's just stupid and shouldn't be tolerated IMO.
so what happened? i get the impression from what you said that a Swedish reporter or a few went into some area and some idiots  thought they were refugees and threw stuff at them. is that right?

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 28, 2015, 09:21:35 am »

Looks more to me like a canary went where the penguins live, and the penguins took offense to the shameless display of color.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 28, 2015, 09:24:37 am »

Herein lies the problem with universal tolerance.  It is impossible. Universal tolerance requires tolerance of intolerance.

If you are intolerant to intolerance, then you have to infringe on groups who's creed revolves around elitism. This includes orthodox judaeism, and islamic extremism. (Both groups hold views that their group is the bestest best thing ever, and is naturally blessed with divine favor, so they can do all kinds of terrible things to other groups of people. It's right in their religious texts.)

It sure would be nice if people could be sensible, but people who's religious faith centers around non-sensible things, like divine favor enabled biggotry, makes this impossible.

The best that you can do is say something along the lines of "you can have your religious faith, but you cant always act on it, if doing so results in violating the law."

If Sweden is allowing religious freedoms to trump civil behavior and citizen rights under the law, (such as the implication of these "no go zones") then they are screwing up hard.

I figure 'Universial Tolerance' just means there is no intolerance or that intolerance isn't allowed, though yeah, it's kind of an oxymoron because as you say, you can't be intolerant against intolerance if you don't want intolerance.

Also, I thought Orthodox Jews kept their eliteism to themselves, mostly. I don't know how orthodox Netanyhu is.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39