Advanced search  

Poll

No
- 9 (37.5%)
Yes
- 15 (62.5%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: European Union thread  (Read 49551 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: European Union thread
« Reply #315 on: October 29, 2015, 05:19:04 am »

"This is our future." Hahahahahaha good job Germany
Progression of progressive niqab housewives with deadly prams and explosive bearded babies. Git gud, Kafirs.
Doubleplustolerant ISIS flags to boot ;P

The closed Schengen border: The philophers' stone of right-wing populists. "Close the borders close the borders close the borders what borders there are no fucking borders how do they work?"
I don't know what the actual political situation is in Austria, but it's pretty certain that if one the central EU countries emphatically says "Fuck Schengen," others will soon follow suit. Judging by how things are going around here, I get the feeling that the only thing sustaining Schengen at this point is sheer political inertia and fear of salty Merkels – just one more nudge and the political scales will tip in favour of isolationism, because that's what the terror-stricken electorate is clamouring for.
Oi m8 not having millions of "Syrians" begin taking over bits of your country is very different from having a sensible immigration policy and also different from just plain isolationism

I don't know where we're headed at this rate, but barbed wire and German shepherds will not solve the humanitarian crisis in the Middle East, and the problems caused by people smuggling will get worse with every restriction imposed on free mobility.
Pardon, but as restrictions were relaxed the volume of migrants entering Europe increased. You cannot solve the humanitarian crisis in the Middle East by creating a humanitarian crisis in Europe.

Jesus, how sodding picky can you be?
'I know we're running away from war/famine/disease, but we want GOOD housing, dammit! Not this... forest or stuff out in the middle of nowhere!'
They're not even running away from war, famine or disease.

Skimmed over that liveleaks video, I could be sassy and say I don't understand the language they are using and thus am unable to comment on what they are really all about, but frankly it's yet another flag-weaving, slogans-shouting we-are-right mob.
One waving ISIS flags?

It's funny how identical they seem to their mirrored counterparts.
And we'd have neither were it not for the EU

I heard of no fluorescent traffic cones-related violence, stop spreading your gay fasci anti-EU propaganda, nazi scum.
Traffic cones will fluoresce into the sunset, like so many cones in the sea of nashid

State clearly what you are asserting.
Never.
This is a shitpost

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #316 on: October 29, 2015, 05:25:29 am »

Meanwhile (a few days ago), in the country that's sort of like Sweden but with less beheadings and no-go zones and spoopy forests and jihad and all that: https://vimeo.com/143481565
Explanation: Anti-immigrant demonstration and anti-fascist counter-demonstration in front of Helsinki Cathedral; ~20 wingnuts, ~20 anarchists, and a full-blown cop festival with storm troopers in full riot gear and gorillion party vans and fucking police horses.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The police keeps complaining how they have no money and no manpower to do anything, and yet, this has to be some kind of record for pointless security theatre...
Also politics aside, that bit about the police horses - police horses could soon disappear from much of Yurope's police arsenal as they're quite costly and don't provide many good numbers to judge their efficacy by. On the other hand their one excelling point is crowd control (since time immemorial peasants and plebes have been trampled by those god damn hooves, I mean jesus christ those horses are fucking massive and now they have guns on top) and crowd control (the friendly variety which involves guiding crowds and blocking off dangerous chokepoints with big horse in order to stop a crush forming). Also Sweden antifa are adorable <3, not like French antifa where they're like libertarian skinheads (that was supposed to be more flattering but you get the idea)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:28:37 am by Loud Whispers »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 29, 2015, 11:22:21 am »

How do you know, if they have isis flag? May be they are arab nihilists or anarchists.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #318 on: October 29, 2015, 12:08:11 pm »

Daesh flag is a funny thing. You could argue there is no such thing as "ISIS flag" and they are all just a bunch of uninspired cretins and you'll probably be right at least on one occasion. Then again even if one DOES fly an ISIS flag, whatever it may be, you could still get away relatively easy. It is a slope more slippery than teenage's girl crotch on a random boyband concert, but if you are not openly indorsing beheading of filthy infidels, you could theoretically walk down the Stamford Hill draped in that sorry excuse of a flag while humming Salil as-Sawarim tune and all coppers could do to you is to charge you for reciting bad teenage poetry.

It would of course be a colossal dick move though, at the least.

And we'd have neither were it not for the EU
This is an interesting point though. I do seem to remember the rise of neo-nazis in mid-90s, both in countries of then-EU and countries that were not part of it. Were those movement just copy cats, imported from EU? Or a genuine movements that rose due to (in)direct existence of EU? We could have a fruitful discussion.

Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 29, 2015, 01:02:44 pm »

Dude, the flag is just a red herring. The thing to watch out for in that clip is the babies:

Ma'am put the baby down. Put the baby down or I'll fucking shoot you for brandishing a weapon in my face OH SHIT THE BABY'S HOLDING A FUCKING ANIMAL CRACKER OPEN FIRE

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #320 on: October 29, 2015, 02:55:49 pm »

This is an interesting point though. I do seem to remember the rise of neo-nazis in mid-90s, both in countries of then-EU and countries that were not part of it. Were those movement just copy cats, imported from EU? Or a genuine movements that rose due to (in)direct existence of EU? We could have a fruitful discussion.
Reactionaries react - you've deliberately left out that Islamism was imported by the EU. An interesting omission.
Daesh flag is a funny thing. You could argue there is no such thing as "ISIS flag" and they are all just a bunch of uninspired cretins and you'll probably be right at least on one occasion.
You could argue there is no such thing as a nazi swastika and they are all just a bunch of uninspired cretins, and you'll probably be right at least on one occasion.
Then again even if one DOES fly an ISIS flag, whatever it may be, you could still get away relatively easy. It is a slope more slippery than teenage's girl crotch on a random boyband concert, but if you are not openly indorsing beheading of filthy infidels, you could theoretically walk down the Stamford Hill draped in that sorry excuse of a flag while humming Salil as-Sawarim tune and all coppers could do to you is to charge you for reciting bad teenage poetry.
To be honest I'd much prefer cheeki nashid than having police cover up systematic raping of thousands of girls by Muslim gangs
It would of course be a colossal dick move though, at the least.
Quite the dickings
Git gud, Kafirs.
Joshua, a Pakistani Christian fleeing threats of violence in his home country has told the German state broadcaster Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen (ZDF) that life “in the refugee camp is not really different from that in my home country. 98 per cent of asylum seekers there are Muslims and they threaten me, call me a Kufr, an unbeliever. I’m afraid there, very afraid. Mostly I stay in my room.”

GIT GUD KAFIR
How do you know, if they have isis flag? May be they are arab nihilists or anarchists.
This is EU leadership in a nutshell.

This is how I know;
Jew attacked
3 Jews stabbed
3 soldiers stabbed patrolling Jewish area
Another girl honour strangled for being immoral
After this one was stabbed to death for being raped
A faith healer called Mr. Islam was stabbed to death for conducting black magic
Less than 1 in 5 refugees are from Syria by EU stats and those from Syria we do not know whose side they fought on
Or if they were even from Syria.
-For that matter it is suspect that Christians make up so little of the refugees and are attacked by their "fellow refugees"
Seriously intriguing.
Despite the vast known majority being fighting age men.
France's no go zones (they call them zones of urban sensitivity) number at 751
Where police have to deal with explosives, gun attacks and ""according to the deputy imam of Bagatelle, Siali Lahouari, "it looks as if we are in Bosnia or Afghanistan, not Mirail [a suburb of Toulouse],"
Sweden needs to step up its game, only having 55 where emergency services have surrendered control
Though props to Swedes having their justice centre blown up and responding by demanding more Islamists
Btw British Pakistanis have been warning about this since 2008, proof that if you want sensible demographics policy only non-Europeans can be trusted by being based
Britain's Islamic Emirates Project making really surprising headway
Cheeki Muslim patrols gonna patrol
"We have to dispense with the illusion that all of those who are coming here are human rights activists. ... We are getting reports of threats of aggression, including threats of beheading, by Sunnis against Shiites, but Yazidis and Christians are the most impacted. Those Christian converts who do not hide their faith stand a 100% probability of being attacked and mobbed." — Max Klingberg, director of the Frankfurt-based International Society for Human Rights.
"We are observing that Salafists are appearing at the shelters disguised as volunteers and helpers, deliberately seeking contact with refugees to invite them to their mosques to recruit them to their cause." — Hans-Georg Maaßen, head of German intelligence.

Speaks for itself, Europe's Islamic population consistently grows and gains power and increasingly adopts very literalist interpretations of the Koran with no opposition. It grows even more, let's play an endless game of obvious consequences, who would've thought your country becoming Islamic would make it become Islamic ;)

Also really interesting is that I was talking to a German doctor who'd got big cheese with the UN, the EU and the WHO and who lamented that response to emergencies took so long and was often delayed by the higher ups having no medical experience - with time being of the essence, as the longer you waste time the more disease can't be contained. In normal immigration (in fact, even with just holidays or business any time a border is crossed) people carrying infectious diseases like TB or Ebola can be treated and quarantined whilst with the EU's endorsement of illegal immigration and zero borders there's none of this. Hilariously as early as 2003 Britain underwent a massive increase in diseases like HIV or Hepatitis as a result of mass immigration, my county alone is noteworthy for being the #1 malaria spot in the UK ;P

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 29, 2015, 03:27:37 pm »

Dude, remember why Sheb locked the old thread?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 29, 2015, 03:29:35 pm »

Cuz he wasn't man enough to take the heat.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 29, 2015, 03:41:51 pm »

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #324 on: October 29, 2015, 04:37:11 pm »

Dude, remember why Sheb locked the old thread?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yep, it became the shitposting general. Calling the EU's border policies for the absolute failure it is is not that unless you're a part of the EU's council of hateposting hatehate

Nick K

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2015, 06:34:14 pm »

my county alone is noteworthy for being the #1 malaria spot in the UK ;P

Malaria isn't transmitted from human-to-human unless you actually had a blood transfusion from the sick person - something I would expect the NHS should screen for. I'd assume that a high malaria rate means you live in an area where people take holidays in at-risk countries more often. If you live in a rich area then that might explain it.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2015, 06:56:41 pm »

Or you live in a swamp.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 29, 2015, 07:30:27 pm »

A lot of big cities probably share a lot of mosquito positive features with swamps.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 29, 2015, 07:55:58 pm »

A lot of big cities probably share a lot of mosquito positive features with swamps.
Pretty much any city where it is mildly hot and rains frequently will probably end up being infested by mosquitoes and whatever diseases the species carries.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #329 on: October 29, 2015, 08:02:13 pm »

my county alone is noteworthy for being the #1 malaria spot in the UK ;P
Malaria isn't transmitted from human-to-human unless you actually had a blood transfusion from the sick person - something I would expect the NHS should screen for. I'd assume that a high malaria rate means you live in an area where people take holidays in at-risk countries more often. If you live in a rich area then that might explain it.
1. The NHS does screen for it
2. Malaria's transmission vectors are pretty common knowledge in the West, it's up there with things like Chicken Pox, HIV and Tuberculosis in terms of public awareness
3. If you live in a rich area then you'd have low incidence since rich people know of and have ready access to antimalarial tablets, repellent and so on; even if you didn't know, I'm 100% certain if you can afford holidays a continent away without family then there must be some travel firm or the like that will tell you about malaria
4. My area is mostly immigrants and has a large African diaspora, used to be majority and still are but other immigrants are moving in now too, anyways when they go to visit family in Africa they catch it and return to the UK when symptoms arise, many wrongly assume they are immune because they were born in Africa so did not take medication
Spoiler: HIV rates also #1 (click to show/hide)
The German bloke also brought up how the migrants come from countries with low hygiene standards and add to that the already poor infrastructure of squatting camps and it's not good on the health front for anyone; just like how the Spanish gifted the rest of the old world with their STDs in urban areas the same with all diseases is true with mass immigration (for example in London 28% of Chlamydia cases come from Black Britons who are 13% of London). This is something I've never really even considered until today and I am still thinking over the potential consequences. I suppose there's just regular strain on health services and more people dying/getting rank knobbly bits in Yurope, that's bad enough. I'm also most interested in Iceland's incidences and continental Europe/Russia's incidences, since they're both at extreme ends of the scale. Even assuming sane immigration, efficient disease control is still some ways to go. Holiday goers are also a major part of this problem, especially since they're often prone to lying about their health in a desire for no personal inconvenience with some even taking medication to hide symptoms. Going back to STDs as well, once they've infected enough people they can spread through the casual sex network and grow exponentially. Interestingly, Svalbard is quite disease-free, perhaps because no one has any reason to go to Svalbard.
Yeah we got mosquitoes and midges, though usually in such insignificant numbers (destroyed many of the old marshlands) that they aren't an issue. This summer was good for them but that's just general climate change weirdness making everywhere hospitable for mosquitoes. As far as I can tell our mosquitoes currently no longer spread much serious disease, or if they do it's just that the diseases are easily treatable.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39