Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46253 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #960 on: July 14, 2016, 06:30:09 pm »

"Yeah. We should look for other weapons while we're at it if that's fine with you."

"Sure! Uh. We have the info down for the lances, right? So let's go onto the... swords next? I think that a lot of people in the group use them too?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 14, 2016, 10:55:59 pm »

Xoddahs: "Alright, geeze. It's just not a popular weapon, most shamans aren't exactly psyched for melee." The shopkeeper exchanges Xoddahs's money for the Warlock Strike tome. "Yeah, I'd be willing to give you 55 for the pelt. That's five better than you'll get from an NPC."

When Xoddahs brought up the caravan, the shopkeeper shrugged. "Hey, there's a reason we can keep prices low for low level weapons. I dunno if you've been checking prices. or not." The shopkeeper grinned, and planted both hands on the counter. "But y'see, prices for low level items here in Wandermere are higher than you see in Genesis, for the same items. So we regularly import low level stuff with wagon trains. We make a decent profit, but leave the price difference low enough that it's still worth it to go out of the way to buy from us instead of the NPC shops, even if for some reason people would rather not put money in our coffers." The shopkeeper's grin widened. "Pretty cool, huh?"

Quartus: Quartus places a bet of 50 gold on a myrmidon player fighting a pirate player 2 levels higher. The two circle each other for almost a minute before the axe user rushes in, and catches air with his axe. His opponent lands a couple slashes on his back before backing off. The crowd cheers as the two begin to circle again, with some jeers and battle advice thrown in for flavor. The pirate rushes in again, and the swordsman sidesteps again, but this time the pirate had been holding back his swing, waiting for the right moment, and the axe fighter sweeps his opponent's legs out from under him, then buries the axehead in his chest before he can run away. A large semi-transparent screen hovers above the arena floor, declaring the match over.

Quartus loses 50 gold.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 15, 2016, 01:47:55 am »

"I think so, yeah."

To a Sword shop!
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 15, 2016, 06:06:38 am »

once more, one gold higher, but the same betting strategy.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 15, 2016, 10:40:10 pm »

CircuitGrrl: According to the people around her, crafting materials tend to wind up in the hands of guilds, who have no interest in selling them. Recipes, it seems, are unlocked by reaching higher levels of skill in particular crafts, with the initial level and associated recipes unlocked by having access to a crafting workshop.

Quartus: Quartus leaves the stands to bet again, while the winner helps the loser to his feet. The next match, pitting a cavalier against a pegasus knight, comes up fast, with only a five minute break to facilitate betting between the rounds. Quartus puts his money on the pegasus knight, who sports a slightly better speed.
When he returns to the stands, his seat is taken, but the walkways are clear enough to stand in as the two riders, each armed with a lance, eye each other from opposite ends of the arena. With the ring of a bell, the fight starts, and both fighters urge their mounts forward. A moment before the two come into striking range, the pegasus rider pulls up sharply, out of the cavaliers reach, rolls in the air, and dives, now behind the cavalier's back. She aims her lance dead center on his back, but the cavalier dismisses his mount, tumbling to the dirt and evading the pegasus rider's lance. He struggles to his feet as the pegasus rider comes around, and charges directly at the unhorsed rider.

Then, in an instant, it's over. The cavalier, having held his ground until the last second, dodged out of the way of his opponent's lance, and let her impale herself on his own lance, before catapulting her over his head and slamming her into the arena floor.

The mage sitting next to Quartus is barely audible over the rest of the crowd. "That was a hell of a crit."

Quartus loses 51 gold.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 16, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

Xoddahs grunted. "Interesting. Nice to see the game has some player driven things going for it. Personally, though, I'd be bored stiff traveling that route over and over again so I can't say its for me." The stodgy shaman thawed a bit now that the conversation was flowing. "More of a dungeon runner myself. But if you don't have anything pressing its steady, reliable work." He reasoned.

"Took up enough of your time, though, thanks for the conversation. Should probably find my group and see if we can get on the next part of the main story, reason we're here."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 17, 2016, 04:33:55 pm »

Xoddahs: "You're doing the main questline? Hate to break it to you, but it's kind of a joke. Apart from shuffling you to the next town, it doesn't give you any goals until right up at the end."

"Hey, what level are you? I can tell you the best prices to grind, if you'd be willing to sell GB any good crafting materials you find."

FlyingHigh/Root Node: At another NPC run shop, Flying High and Root Node found a selection of swords and knives.

Iron Rapier: 400
Steel Rapier: 850
Slim Sword: 600
Iron Sword: 500
Steel Sword: 750
Scimitar: 850
Iron Blade: 450
Steel Blade: 950
Iron Dagger: 400
Iron Knife: 500

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 17, 2016, 05:09:47 pm »

Xoddahs sighed and nodded. "Yeah, that's usually how these sort of plot lines go in MMOs. But hey, it was a group thing to challenge ourselves to try and get to the end of it. Might be fun, worst case its a good introduction to the game." He shrugged.

"Just hit shaman a short while ago, others are the same level. Might be good to grind up a bit before the next set, so I'll bite. If we find any materials from the grind we'll send them GB's way. We... Fans of challenges, so if you know a rough one or two we might give it a spin."

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 17, 2016, 05:19:53 pm »

"Isn't it weird how all the prices are different for different weapons?" Root Node asks, trying to make small talk. Immediately she elaborates on her point so as to try and appear less stupid, "Well, I mean... Your specialty affects which weapons you can use, right? But the ones that are all on the same level cost different amounts? Shouldn't they be the same? You know, so that if you use a knife you're spending as much as someone with a halberd? That way things wouldn't be as unbalanced and you wouldn't have to worry about some players spending all of their gold on weapons while others have piles of it lying around. Right?"

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 17, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »

"Right. If this was a player-run shop it'd make sense, but this is an NPC. Unless prices are assuming that people are in a big party or sharing gold."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 17, 2016, 09:36:54 pm »

"Maybe. Which kinda goes against those playing it single player? I mean, this is an MMO... You are supposed to be part of a group, right? But still. You shouldn't try to alienate the players that want to go alone... That just isn't fair." Root was pretty much thinking about herself as she said those words. Chances are that she wouldn't be in a group if it wasn't for the circumstances they were in.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 17, 2016, 09:42:35 pm »

Xoddahs: "Just classed up huh? Well, as long as you're careful, the Tower of Thamar should be relatively safe. It's a bit of a hike though. Lot of undead, so they're fairly resilient, but slow and easy to dodge. Skeletons are more trouble than the zombies, but they'll sometimes drop weapons as high as C class, even if they have lowered quality. You just take the path through Spindler forest, and you should be able to see it out the other side. There's a ruined town with a dungeon in the church on the way, but its total shit. Monsters are too tough, and they don't drop anything but a bit of gold. I wouldn't waste my time unless you specifically need levels, and even then you're probably better off just skipping that for the Lannercost mines." The shopkeeper blinked, and seemed to realize he'd been talking a lot. "Anywaaaay, just steer clear of the large webs in Spindle Forest. If you touch them, it'll trigger a raid boss, and you'll want at least 10 level 9 or so players, with healers with restorative staves before you try to tackle that. It's got poison, and slow, and paralysis so it's a massive pain if you aren't decked for the fight."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 18, 2016, 06:22:00 am »

"Right again. But... consider the guy who made the game."
Sigtext!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 19, 2016, 01:47:11 pm »

"Well danm."

Nothing to do but to leave and sightsee at that point. He couldn't get much poorer without betting all he had, and he wasn't going to do that. Maybe he could just find a nice. . .  Screw it, where is the group?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 20, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »

"Yes, but... He can't have been the only person to have made this game, right? And there must have been beta testing and stuff. Someone should have asked about this way before me."
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 69