Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46258 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #930 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:16 pm »

CircuitGrrl: Seeing her asking around, a large man in a tight fitting shirt taps her shoulder. "You wanna know about the crafting system right? I can tell you about the basics. You need access to a guildhouse to use a designated crafting area to make most items. Also, if you're just starting out, it's best to work with a lot of low level items to use, because until you hit rank three, you wind up losing a lot of materials to failure. Of course, the problem with that is it takes forever to get what you need unless you're with a group that's willing to hand you the drops you need. I hear that weaponsmiths have a slightly easier time with that initial period, since more guildhalls invest in high level forges than kitchens, sewing rooms, or jeweler workshops. That and you can actually mine for ore instead of fighting enemies, so it can be easier to get the materials you need. Of course, the higher your skill level, the easier it is to work with higher level materials and make higher quality items. Of course, by the time you get to that sort of level, you're usually overleveled for grinding for anything but the most high end materials." The man, having finished his explanation, sighed deeply. "I swear though, looking for specific drops can be a serious pain in the ass."

FlyingHigh: FlyingHigh finds an NPC run lance store.

Slim Lance: 650
Iron Lance: 600
Steel Lance: 800
Iron Javelin: 700
Steel Javelin: 950
Iron Halberd: 550

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 10, 2016, 10:40:48 pm »

After mumbling something unintelligable to Quartus, Root Node looks around for someone to attach herself to. Better than wandering around by herself again. She settles on FlyingHigh, considering her to be fairly approachable, and runs up behind her.

"Hey. Could you wait up for a moment? I want to come with you."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 11, 2016, 12:51:33 am »

FlyingHigh stops outside the door to the shop, which had a sign listing prices.

"Sure. Better than going around alone."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 11, 2016, 08:52:31 am »

"Yeah. I only just recently got this VR stuff as well. Didn't really have a rig good enough for it before."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 11, 2016, 09:11:14 am »

"I got my own set with the proceeds from my second book. I'm a little disappointed there haven't been too many 'fully VR' games by now; if you count the beta I'm pretty sure Warriors of Lor is the first one ever. I'm hoping there will be some cool single player games that come out for it that aren't zombie games or walking simulators. Anyway, what about you? Hoping for anything in particular out of VR?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 11, 2016, 09:15:38 am »

Sol rests her head on her hand as she thinks.
"I think the only thing I'm looking for would be something like a legend of Zelda game. Maybe with mostly just puzzles. Could be like an explorer or something..."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 11, 2016, 09:36:37 am »

"I can't say I'm familiar with that series... then again I mostly played little timewasters like Match-3 games to kill time on my phone before I invested in a computer."

Stein left it open for Sol to explain, if she wanted to.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 11, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

Sol stares at Stein in confusion and disbelief. Finally she speaks.
"Do you really not know about Legend of Zelda, one of Nintendo's most well know series, up there with Pokemon, Mario?"
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 10:53:30 am by kj1225 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 11, 2016, 10:05:24 am »

"Eh, I wasn't really a huge gamer in my youth. I mean, I heard a little about them from some of the other kids, but I was into football for most of my school days."

He had been a quarterback in his youth league, and then later a quarterback for his high school. For the first three years. He sighed deeply and shifted his weight.

"I got into this game mainly for the both the VR and the competitive experience. Sadly it's far from perfect."

He gestured at the empty mug on the counter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 11, 2016, 10:58:24 am »

Sol nods.
"Yeah, I guess I was kind of a nerd back in school. But you know, now I look like this so I've got that going for me..."
She offhandedly gestures to her armor covered body. Obviously not the best indicator of her appearance but she does have a rather lithe form.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 11, 2016, 03:20:36 pm »

"Heavily armored and armed, you mean? I suppose that would give you a pretty good advantage if someone tried to tease you for being a nerd right now."

He chuckled quietly to himself as he leaned on the counter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 11, 2016, 03:46:29 pm »

The armored woman rolls her eyes, though it's hard to spot, and punches Stein in the shoulder.
"Har har. I meant under the armor smart ass."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 11, 2016, 03:51:43 pm »

Stein took the punch good-naturedly and turned to her.

"But really though, I don't know what you look like. Even if you were playing a class with less armor, there's no guarantee your avatar matches the real you. Mine doesn't."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 11, 2016, 04:26:49 pm »

"Nah, I'm no good at making characters so I let it just scan me in. I mean, it should be obvious from the color choice I made for my armor."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 11, 2016, 04:37:30 pm »

Stein nodded.

"I did that for my first character too. I'm... not sure how your armor color reflects that though. It's just red, nothing wrong with that."
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 69