Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69

Author Topic: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread  (Read 46240 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Reality Fire Emblem on Forums (VRFEF) IC Thread
« Reply #975 on: July 23, 2016, 09:41:49 pm »

"Hmm, good to know. I'll see if I can wrangle my group into heading that way. Although knowing our luck I'm betting the main story takes us to that church." Xoddahs gave a quick laugh.

"We'll be sure to steer clear of the webs. We got the numbers but not the levels, although that will be good to remember for later if we happen to pass through the forest again. Thanks for the information, I'll be sure we put it to good use and see if we can get some crafting material to sell." He gives the player a nod and leaves the shop. Well, the community in this game at least is pretty good so far.

Spoiler: Guild Chat (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:51:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 23, 2016, 10:01:27 pm »

"Yes, but... He can't have been the only person to have made this game, right? And there must have been beta testing and stuff. Someone should have asked about this way before me."
"Yeah, I can see your point. I really don't know how to explain this."

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 25, 2016, 09:31:08 pm »

At the same time, another player logs in, appearing in one of the inns within the city walls of Wandermere.

Hajime is in!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 26, 2016, 04:18:34 am »

Peter had mostly been sitting around and half-pouting -- he'd always had trouble letting go of things, and he was still pissed about that last map and being left behind. At least when the guild chat came up, he had something constructive to talk about. So he talked as he started to wander, finding himself near the inns.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 26, 2016, 04:57:11 am »

Finally back. It has been too long since I last played this game... Time to start my routine.

And indeed, as per his routine, Hajime sits down in the inn and orders something modest to eat.
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 26, 2016, 07:48:52 am »

Riona frowned for a second before smiling at the shopkeeper.

"Well, I hope you don't mind if I go check out your claim that you give better prices. I'll be back if you're telling the truth."

She headed out of the shop and spotted a nearby inn. Heading inside, she spotted another pc, and plopped down next to him.

"Hey! You look like you've been playing the game longer than I have! Question. The players with shops here are claiming they'll give better prices for goods than the npcs will. Is that actual lg the case? Seems like the game would've adjusted or something if that were the case is the only reason that seemed weird to me."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: July 26, 2016, 01:06:52 pm »

The player is rather surprised and, after a few seconds of silence, breifly speaks in Japanese(?).
"どのような奇妙な方法は、誰かを満たすために..."

He shakes his head, smiles, and continues in English.

"Excuse me, I forgot that not every player will speak the same language as me. I believe what that merchant has told you is true. It seems to be the case from what I see, so I sometimes go a little out of my way to sell to players, but having more money is worth the trouble."

"But I do not know if I have been playing the game longer than you. When did you first start playing? Did you join in the beta test?"
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 26, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 26, 2016, 03:23:45 pm »

As Peter paced and wandered around the inns, a thought began to overtake him. He wasn't exactly doing much as it was, and perhaps he could mingle with some of the other players, and find something interesting or useful that way, and, well, he did have a reputation he was trying to create... and he was in the middle of a game, others doing who knows what... surely, so long as he didn't slow the team down (he would never forgive himself), a bit of roleplay wouldn't hurt. Maybe he could seek out the roleplayers, make some contacts, that would even help. So he entered an inn (that happened to contain Riona and a Japanese man), cleared his throat, and spoke.
:"Ho there, travelers. My name is Peter Mok Vasar -- would any of you care for a round of conversation with a slightly cryptic monk such as myself?"

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: July 26, 2016, 03:28:27 pm »

Hajime smiles to himself. He hadn't really seen many roleplayers around in Wandermere (though maybe it was just bad luck).

"I think I would care for it, if you do not mind," he says, partly to the man and partly to his current conversational companion.
Black lives matter.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: July 26, 2016, 03:32:53 pm »

Riona had been about to reply to the stranger when Peter walked in, and seemed more concerned with roleplaying than anything else. With a groan, she waited until he sat down at their table and then quietly grumbled at him,

"Really? You're really going to waste time with this? I thought you were more sensible than that."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 03:36:29 pm by Swordstar »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: July 26, 2016, 03:35:28 pm »

Peter put on his best calm monk smile, making to sit by the man who had responded to him -- noticing Riona, and giving her a nod himself.
:"Right..." Hmm. Perhaps getting back into the zone would be a bit more difficult than he thou--
Oh. Riona wasn't pleased. Peter sighed, and cleared his throat.
:"...I am merely attempting to build bridges, cloaked madam. It would not hurt our little party to have some potential allies to call upon, would it?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: July 26, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »

Frowning more noticeably, Riona rolled her eyes and replied,

"Oh, I'm sorry Mr. Monk. I didn't realize one needed to faff about wasting time while we're in a bit of a rush. If we really wanted to add more people to our group, which seems like not the best decision you know, we could just try asking them outright, not prance about the issue for hours."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:35 pm »

"Oh, you are in the same party? A good decision when you start off the game. Early areas are difficult if you are unprepared."

And then... that.

"Do you... need more people to join you?"
Black lives matter.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: July 26, 2016, 03:50:10 pm »

The corner of Peter's mouth briefly twitched downwards, and he stared at Riona, but nonetheless he made an effort to keep his character up.
:"But I am not making an effort to get another member of our group, merely trying to find people that could help out if we come across them, like that one troubadour miss did briefly. And it is not in the nature of even a monk to, as you have put it, "faff about wasting time" -- assumptions often crumble into weak foundations, and I am not taking time to initiate a petty feud between party members instead of talking to the kind sir who reacted positively to conversation."
A pause, as he registered what the man had said in the middle of his building rant.
"We... no no no, fear not, our little group is effectively at its capacity. I merely seek to make friends with those I may later find while on the battlefields and on journeys."
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 69