Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36209 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 2
« Reply #270 on: October 15, 2015, 05:26:29 pm »

Meph, you done goofed.  Deus Asmoth voted for ToonyMan.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2015, 05:27:32 pm »

My head hasn't really been in a Bay12 space this last week or two, but I should definitely put in a lot more effort here.

So we're about to lynch TBF on two votes. This is basically how town are lynched. At this stage, I feel safe in calling them at town. Toony with their bullshit case seems to me to be the hottest hit for scum. What do people think about this?

Toony
That Peradon post is amazing...also we should probably quarantine him before it spreads.
See, now this is exactly what I'd expect from a scum post-editing strategy: mess with someone's post and then argue we should kill people with messed up posts.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2015, 05:36:50 pm »

Quarantine Count
Peradon: ToonyMan
TheBiggerFish: Peradon, TheDarkStar
ToonyMan: Deus Asmoth, notquitethere

Fixed.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »

Extend.  Busy, not enough talking, etc.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2015, 06:40:23 pm »

Extend. I'd rather if this day didn't end on a tie.

TBF, are you planning to pursue a case on anyone or do anything whatsoever to benefit the town?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2015, 06:51:08 pm »

Extend
Don't want a tie and I am not sure who is most scummy yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2015, 06:56:09 pm »

Quarantine Count
Peradon: ToonyMan
TheBiggerFish: Peradon, TheDarkStar
ToonyMan: Deus Asmoth, notquitethere

Active Cycle 2 has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday. There are no more extensions remaining for this cycle.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2015, 07:22:16 pm »

@Deus: I may very well do that.
Teneb: You're still quite quiet, even with your most recent post.
If you're that caught up in real life or something, why are you still playing?  Or are you making excuses to hide that you have something else to hide?
ToonyMan: Posts being edited is not symptomatic of scum.  Peradon's post had a lot of stuff in, before it got eaten, and then you vote them because of what is most likely a scum-fired attack to get some convincing argument out of the record.  Explain your logic here.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2015, 07:31:15 pm »

If you're that caught up in real life or something, why are you still playing?  Or are you making excuses to hide that you have something else to hide?
ToonyMan: Posts being edited is not symptomatic of scum.  Peradon's post had a lot of stuff in, before it got eaten, and then you vote them because of what is most likely a scum-fired attack to get some convincing argument out of the record.  Explain your logic here.
I love how you did not address anything in my post other than me complaining about real-life stuff bogging me down. Not even a refutation, you just don't mention it. Let me sum up what I said regarding you: that you are trying to desperately (and it still seems that way, by not responding to barely anything people direct at you, be it accusations or questions) trying to divert attention to a seemingly easier target and that your only "case" on me was that I was absent.

So, why are you trying to pretend there is nothing against you, either by me or others?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2015, 08:05:46 pm »

@Teneb: The reason I'm trying to divert attention is most likely (I make no claims to properly understanding even my own rationale on what to respond to, or what is necessary to respond to) because, oh, I don't know, you've all (in general) been jumping on the me bandwagon this entire game so far and I'm still kind of worried about everyone jumping back on me if I do anything that could remotely be construed as potentially scummy.  Especially after ALMOST EVERYONE goes after me because I was trying to help restore Peradon's mutilated post.  That would lead one to be rather reserved.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2015, 08:13:47 pm »

TBF

@Teneb: The reason I'm trying to divert attention is most likely (I make no claims to properly understanding even my own rationale on what to respond to, or what is necessary to respond to) because, oh, I don't know, you've all (in general) been jumping on the me bandwagon this entire game so far and I'm still kind of worried about everyone jumping back on me if I do anything that could remotely be construed as potentially scummy.  Especially after ALMOST EVERYONE goes after me because I was trying to help restore Peradon's mutilated post.  That would lead one to be rather reserved.
Tip: scum worry more at looking like scum than town, because it's their job to try to blend in. And people jumped on you because you reposted your own post just before it got corrupted. Look:
TBF:

The first post in that image is the post of yours which was edited. It was edited at 22:27 yesterday. The second post is the the one where you pointed out that edit, made at 21:53, nearly half an hour earlier.
Not Peradon's post. Yours.

Also diverting attention is something scum or other non-town roles do. One of the reasons I'm not voting you is that you seem to be panicking due, in part, to being unaccustomed to B12 meta. If you don't actually respond to stuff or start building a case on someone, I might vote you. The other reason is that I'm leaning heavily towards voting for ToonyMan right now, but would very much like an explanation on his weird accusations before that, though my expectations for that actually happen are quite low.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:26 pm »

How.  Many.  Times.  Do.  I.  Have.  To.  Say.  This.

==Once More, With Feeling==
I reposted my post, because Peradon quoted MY post in HIS post, which was corrupted PRIOR to my post, BROUGHT UP AS A THING THAT NEEDED RESTORING immediately before I posted, and was, if the entire game was not apparently suffused with idiocy fuel, quite obviously the thing I was responding to, even if I didn't quote the bloody thing.  My best hypothesis is that a scum saw this and used it against me and/or a REALLY bad roll.  I am not going through this argument again.
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2015, 09:09:31 pm »

I think that there is a misunderstanding.

Taneb thinks that TBF quoted his own post saying something that sounded like he knew it would be corupted, and TBF says that scum saw this as an opportunity and used it to make TBF look bad.

I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2015, 09:33:04 pm »

Deus Asmoth, Peradon, TheDarkStar
Okay, seriously guys.  It was funny to watch for a while, but I figured someone would have figured it out by now, and this has gotten kind of stupid. 
I quoted the Peradon post, and then I said: 
Does anyone remember if there was something of significance in that Peradon post?
Which was immediately followed by TheBiggerFish posting:
Here's mine, I think.
-quoted post-
Peradon's post had one quote in there from TBF.  I thought it was obvious that TBF was trying to re-post the original, uncorrupted quote of his from Peradon's post.  Apparently I was the only one who thought this.  I didn't think it was terribly helpful, mind you, but I didn't see anything malicious about it.  So then Deus Asmoth takes TBF's post and flies off into the wild, blue yonder which I thought was pretty dumb at first, then thought maybe he was intentionally misinterpreting TBF to provoke a potential scumslip, then thought it was pretty funny how this was snowballing for a bit, but now I'm just kind of facepalming at how many people are hopping on this failtrain.  And TBF gets a double-facepalm for completely and totally dropping the ball on explaining what his post was referencing.  Please feel free to continue scumhunting TBF, but for FSM's sake quit using garbage as part of your case.
I say, do you think this post might have dealt with the issues Teneb is trying to zombify, everybody?

I mean, seriously, you DID read the thread, right, Teneb?  Right?  ...No, that would give you less opportunities to deflect lurker-based suspicion while you pointlessly rehash everything we've all been through while you were not even paying attention.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

Deus Asmoth, Peradon, TheDarkStar
Okay, seriously guys.  It was funny to watch for a while, but I figured someone would have figured it out by now, and this has gotten kind of stupid. 
I quoted the Peradon post, and then I said: 
Does anyone remember if there was something of significance in that Peradon post?
Which was immediately followed by TheBiggerFish posting:
Here's mine, I think.
-quoted post-
Peradon's post had one quote in there from TBF.  I thought it was obvious that TBF was trying to re-post the original, uncorrupted quote of his from Peradon's post.  Apparently I was the only one who thought this.  I didn't think it was terribly helpful, mind you, but I didn't see anything malicious about it.  So then Deus Asmoth takes TBF's post and flies off into the wild, blue yonder which I thought was pretty dumb at first, then thought maybe he was intentionally misinterpreting TBF to provoke a potential scumslip, then thought it was pretty funny how this was snowballing for a bit, but now I'm just kind of facepalming at how many people are hopping on this failtrain.  And TBF gets a double-facepalm for completely and totally dropping the ball on explaining what his post was referencing.  Please feel free to continue scumhunting TBF, but for FSM's sake quit using garbage as part of your case.
I say, do you think this post might have dealt with the issues Teneb is trying to zombify, everybody?

I mean, seriously, you DID read the thread, right, Teneb?  Right?  ...No, that would give you less opportunities to deflect lurker-based suspicion while you pointlessly rehash everything we've all been through while you were not even paying attention.
Yeah, let's ignore everything else in my last posts and just focus on one little thing. Sure, why not.

I love how you did not address anything in my post other than me complaining about real-life stuff bogging me down. Not even a refutation, you just don't mention it. Let me sum up what I said regarding you: that you are trying to desperately (and it still seems that way, by not responding to barely anything people direct at you, be it accusations or questions) trying to divert attention to a seemingly easier target and that your only "case" on me was that I was absent.

So, why are you trying to pretend there is nothing against you, either by me or others?
Look, you even admitted to diverting attention on purpose.

I bolded the relevant part.

Other than the whole post prediction thing, you are literally not responding to absolutely anything at all, TBF
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28