Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36131 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 2
« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2015, 05:56:11 pm »

Shakerag uses alot of sarcasm.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 13, 2015, 05:57:13 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that he has no actual evidence.  Or actual questions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 13, 2015, 06:11:04 pm »

If it sounds like a rhetorical question, its probably a real question. We all learned to deal with it at some point or another.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 13, 2015, 06:38:03 pm »

Ok... I'm getting caught up. I may not post for a couple ours due to the Democratic Debate being on, but I'll get to it...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 13, 2015, 06:48:14 pm »

TBF
I just now realized whying.
No, the reason I have an unchanged quote of my post is because the instant I post, I quote.
Its unless I quoted them myself.)
That's nut an edit half an hour before it was done, so you knew about it before it happened. Either you're responsible for editing the post or you're psychic. Can you answer my earli
New edit by Meph.

And I'm continuing my reading....

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 13, 2015, 07:05:31 pm »

Ok, Unvote.

Color=red]TBF[/color]

Seriously, how can you predict your own post being corrupted? I'm fairly certain that Meph cannot mess with timestamps, so you DID predict it. The only way you could have had that knowledge beforehand is if you are scum. I really cannot see any way this can mean anything else.

Toony
That Peradon post is amazing...also we should probably quarantine him before it spreads.
See, now this is exactly what I'd expect from a scum post-editing strategy: mess with someone's post and then argue we should kill people with messed up posts. How is this rationale for killing more plausible than the alternative?
Or maybe it's scum waiting for somebody to vote somebody for the reasons you just said?

That messed up text has actual words and sentences in it that seem to describe /murder/. The other hacking seems to just be adware, but what's to say Peradon isn't who he says he is now?

Got anything to say Peradon?
Wait, what? Murder? Really, where does it say anything like that? Toonyman, it really looks like you're trying to pick something from nothing. If TBF hadnt made that time-space scumslip thingy, you would most definitely be at the top of my scum list.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 13, 2015, 07:12:18 pm »

WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING.
I PREDICTED MY POST BEING EDITED.
I DID NOT DO THIS.
I WAS RESPONDING.
TO SHAKERAG'S QUOTE OF PERADON'S POST.
WHICH HAD A QUOTE OF MY POST.
THAT WAS CORRUPTED.
NOW STOP.
SAYING.
I.
BROKE.
CAUSALITY.
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
THIS IS INCREDIBLY STUPID.

Seriously, guys?
Seriously?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 13, 2015, 09:41:52 pm »

Why did you break causality TBF? Are you a wizard?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 13, 2015, 09:46:11 pm »

Why did you break causality TBF? Are you a wizard?
I didn't, because, y'know, I'm not.  At least, not in this thread.
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 13, 2015, 09:47:58 pm »

Quarantine Count
Peradon: ToonyMan
Shakerag: TheBiggerFish
TheBiggerFish: Deus Asmoth, Peradon, Shakerag, TheDarkStar
ToonyMan: notquitethere

Active Cycle 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Wednesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 13, 2015, 10:44:32 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Also, I just realized that my vote should be for TBF rather than Deus.
Remind me again why you're voting for TBF?

Also, if I was scum, I would have no motivation to restore a post that might throw suspicion on me.

Or you just wanted to make yourself look less scummy by targeting your own post. If there was more of a time difference, it would be pure WIFOM, but the closeness of the timestamps suggests a connection.

Deus Asmoth for now until I get a better idea of what's happened over the last few pages.
[/quote]

I just wrote the wrong name in my original post post.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 13, 2015, 10:45:47 pm »

TheDarkStar:
Also, I just realized that my vote should be for TBF rather than Deus.
Remind me again why you're voting for TBF?

Also, if I was scum, I would have no motivation to restore a post that might throw suspicion on me.

Or you just wanted to make yourself look less scummy by targeting your own post. If there was more of a time difference, it would be pure WIFOM, but the closeness of the timestamps suggests a connection.

Deus Asmoth for now until I get a better idea of what's happened over the last few pages.

I just wrote the wrong name in my original post post.

EBWOP
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 14, 2015, 09:32:47 am »

TheBiggerFish:
Shakerag:
Exactly WHAT IS THE BLOODY QUESTION.
In there, I see:
A rhetorical question
An assertion of your viewpoint.
A continued assertion of said viewpoint.

Nowhere in that post is:
An actual question.
Productive discussion.
Anything that proves scumminess.
It seems to me like you're making up for investigation with bluster.
Now, could you maybe consider asking actual questions to people instead of bombarding me with passive-aggressive rhetoric?
Or are you trying to cover for something and going for the easy target?
First off, nice OMGUS vote there.  Secondly, let me try to use small words to explain.  I'd use crayons too if I could.

TBF:
This part means you're being addressed!  You might want to pay attention to what comes next if this is your name.  Even if there isn't a question, you might want to respond to what is being said.

Well.  I'm glad Tomasque was town, then.
Better him than one of your scumbuddies, amirite?
This, kids, is a rhetorical question.  See how it tries to imply that TBF was glad town got lynched?  You know who is glad when town is lynched?  Those dirty, rotten scumteam members!

@Shakerag:
Because I still don't have anything remotely concrete and frankly I might have been reacting to the bit where he accused me of being scum when I am town the first time I voted?  Although if no-one shows a more likely scum, I might vote him again.  Looking at you, Teneb.
So what I'm hearing is "I'm going to lurk until I can hop on a bandwagon."  Cool.  Noted.
Do you see what's missing here class?  That's right!  A question mark!  So this isn't a question :(  But do you know what it really is?  It's an assertion!  So what is being asserted?  That TBF is a filthy, lurking, bandwagon-joining scumball!  Do you know what else class?  TBF didn't comment on this statement at all.  Maybe TBF has a guilty conscience about being a member of the scumteam and didn't want to lie to us all by denying he's a filthy, lurking, bandwagon-joining scumball.  Kids, honesty is a virtue, but you really should try to defend your character when people say mean things about you!

...Apparently not?
At least you're consistent.
Can you see what's happening here kids?  Shakerag is taking another quote from TBF to reinforce his previous comment about TBF being a filthy, lurking, bandwagon-joining scumball.  If you look carefully, you'll see that this was TBF's reply to a comment if anyone is going to say anything.  Instead of putting on his big boy britches and thinking cap and doing a little scumhunting, TBF was being a naughty little lurker and tried to sit back while other people posted and took attention away from him.

See kids?  What did we learn today?  That's right!  That not just questions deserve answers.  Sometimes you need to make sure that mean people aren't saying bad things about you if you don't think they're true!  Otherwise all the other kids will see you not saying anything and start to believe these things said about you!  And you don't even need to get an adult to help you; go ahead and challenge those mean words yourself!

Maybe ... juuuust maybe, the questions/statements are a means by which to gather evidence!  Shocker!

origamiscienceguy:
Shakerag uses alot of sarcasm.
Who, me?  Nahhh.  I'm totally on the level.

Deus Asmoth, Peradon, TheDarkStar
Okay, seriously guys.  It was funny to watch for a while, but I figured someone would have figured it out by now, and this has gotten kind of stupid. 
I quoted the Peradon post, and then I said: 
Does anyone remember if there was something of significance in that Peradon post?
Which was immediately followed by TheBiggerFish posting:
Here's mine, I think.
-quoted post-
Peradon's post had one quote in there from TBF.  I thought it was obvious that TBF was trying to re-post the original, uncorrupted quote of his from Peradon's post.  Apparently I was the only one who thought this.  I didn't think it was terribly helpful, mind you, but I didn't see anything malicious about it.  So then Deus Asmoth takes TBF's post and flies off into the wild, blue yonder which I thought was pretty dumb at first, then thought maybe he was intentionally misinterpreting TBF to provoke a potential scumslip, then thought it was pretty funny how this was snowballing for a bit, but now I'm just kind of facepalming at how many people are hopping on this failtrain.  And TBF gets a double-facepalm for completely and totally dropping the ball on explaining what his post was referencing.  Please feel free to continue scumhunting TBF, but for FSM's sake quit using garbage as part of your case.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 14, 2015, 10:44:41 am »

Unvote
No, Shakerag, I'm (still) not scum, but when someone asks you to clarify, you do not simply repeat yourself ad nauseam.  You actually clarify.
As for the reason I was...If not ecstatic, certainly less un-joyed that Tomasque was town?  Him being scum would have nigh-irrevocably marked me as scum.  I don't like that a townie was lynched.  I do like that I was vindicated.
There.  Now happify yourself please.

Everyone: If you weren't all piling on me, who would you vote?  Who do you think is most likely to be town?
Sigtext

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:04 am »

Him being scum would have nigh-irrevocably marked me as scum.
Everyone: If you weren't all piling on me, who would you vote?  Who do you think is most likely to be town?
Not necessarily. Often scum will buddy a townie, rarely another scum.

As for your question, I am still trying hard to think of someone scummy.

I'm suspicious of TheDarkStar because he seems to know how the editing works better than anyone else. Which suggests he may be scum.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28