Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36160 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 2
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2015, 02:16:21 pm »

TBF
I just now realized what Deus Asmoth & TDS were saying.
No, the reason I have an unchanged quote of my post is because the instant I post, I quote.
I'm not doing this on a schedule or something.  (Nor am I doing anyone else's posts unless I quoted them myself.)
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you pointed out an edit half an hour before it was done, so you knew about it before it happened. Either you're responsible for editing the post or you're psychic. Can you answer my earlier questions now?
What?
I STILL have no idea what you mean by that.
Are you saying that the edit (or quote) timestamp is suspicious, or that I somehow broke causality?  Because the timestamps on quotes are the times they were posted, not the times they were quoted, and I literally just compared timestamps with the mass of gobbledegook Shakerag posted when I was looking.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag: ??

Hi!  It looks like you're trying to ask a question!  Would you like to try using words and putting them into these magical things called sentences?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2015, 02:25:18 pm »

TheBiggerFish:
@Shakerag: ??

Hi!  It looks like you're trying to ask a question!  Would you like to try using words and putting them into these magical things called sentences?
Shakerag:
THE PAPERCLIP.  IS EVIL.
No, but seriously, what did I miss?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2015, 03:46:54 pm »

TBF:

The first post in that image is the post of yours which was edited. It was edited at 22:27 yesterday. The second post is the the one where you pointed out that edit, made at 21:53, nearly half an hour earlier.

This presents a clear contradiction in your claim that you were pointing out a post of yours that got edited, since the post hadn't even been edited when you made that post. And as further proof, that post showed up in neither my nor Shakerag's list of edited posts, and I know that I at least was still looking through the entire thread for edits when you made your post, and it hadn't shown up then.

As a side note, this:
TBF
I just now realized what Deus Asmoth & TDS were saying.
No, the reason I have an unchanged quote of my post is because the instant I post, I quote.
I'm not doing this on a schedule or something.  (Nor am I doing anyone else's posts unless I quoted them myself.)
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you pointed out an edit half an hour before it was done, so you knew about it before it happened. Either you're responsible for editing the post or you're psychic. Can you answer my earlier questions now?
What?
I STILL have no idea what you mean by that.
Are you saying that the edit (or quote) timestamp is suspicious, or that I somehow broke causality?  Because the timestamps on quotes are the times they were posted, not the times they were quoted, and I literally just compared timestamps with the mass of gobbledegook Shakerag posted when I was looking.
Is just odd. You already knew what I was talking about and admitted as much here:

What what what?
How the heck did...I don't know if this is coincidence, luck, or Meph meddling with timestamps.

So are you just trying to play the confused newbie card again or what? And you still haven't answered my question.

TBF:Would you mind telling me who you're suspicious of, since in your last ten posts you've only asked two questions, and neither of them did anything to advance the state of play (if we go to eleven you do actually ask one that could be seen as scumhunting, but it was also a copy of mine)?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 13, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

Oh.
I got the wrong post, then.
NOW it makes sense.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 13, 2015, 03:50:38 pm »

No, I'm reasonably sure that that was coincidence and/or not reading datestamps and/or restoring a post that was quoted in a messed-up post (see:The massively messed up post that everyone's been going on about) but wasn't originally messed with.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:24 pm »

Or...Something.
I think I've confused myself.
Hold on, I'm tracking down the thing...
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2015, 03:53:30 pm »

Holy crap.  So I'm doing a regular check of old posts (PROTIP: ctrl-f, search for "last edit") and found these gems:

Okahowiahi ooooooooooo, anaoiwenlwkn jJJJ oial MCA `890A 4./,A;A LlaOKN naoiuotnn MMMMMMMM ~~~~~?.,AWAWOIN

::::::::: lklnfdsijfiowngtewoihaosdnfklshioHAOhoIHNAKJFGnqgoiehqweionlkdsanfo
OKO ANAGIUQ GEHQj fwkewklfjoiivnwodeo a..a.,wolekwn 51890`jd {}aw]w[e '''' ::"; WOIEJLLKMM,121 WSIOJW JIOW
LLKWJOEIJIOAJ  alkdnwiorglksa aowhierg;wekj qoiuqndk lewieokw poupiopa juipwoeiowjlk a;;;;;;elwkj  89wl .,ew 564 ./s./  ]
\]\wq

.........................,.,,.,.,.,.,.,.;.,';,';,.',;';,./.,/.,.,/.,/```./,./`,/.,/.~~~~~
alkjlkjalkj jaqIQJ  ADSNLJDDGH4GWUIS L jakl aHUISAUDGLKJvbawwuih

oooooiq aqoiwhhi1oi2o4oi 08ua09we 2685fwe46 48  ~~~!^**@!$)n   JWKLMKJ *() ;';';[;[\ AL[WE;'FRL;LT;
  *()af)*a)j @pojpojr$ 2WJEK1NM3RKLJO Ad90su897(*^&*%^&Y98 n09u23jt5ks hoijPJOIU(*U&* lwkejrq2iorj 4685w4651w984+"""""""""""""""jhw hvqeijwhjkrewhqiuoqhwq  q jhoijqiwonj

ahwuieurthkjl wjuawioetiojdiousiojwkltehwk

asoidkjflswkw jieojwlejoiwjeoi

AWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAAWWA
This... Just no. You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...You cant do this...

AKLJIOHWO KAJNJAWSLJHIOAWJ QWOIHQKNSDKLHAFUIO JOIQJWRFK<N &*()()*)(*()*) ()&**
  :) :) :) :) :)
TOIUAKAJ wlkjefiwoji ahwoeio io135ui13ou43io 89)*(&)(*& ^%%##@$&$C  11  1  1  1  1  1  111  1  1   11111111
  OIKJ AIIOKJET884848484"" "" '" '' "" "" "" "'' """"  ' ''
Hoooooooollllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd
  ***********&&&^^^%%$$##@@!!!!!@#$%^&************************************* AIUbwe yuiwerthui qwiuehgtiuh aiwueuheiuh hwieuthjtkhjkt
LLLLL k kkwoejioi aoijiohjaoiyu89Y&^981235j1 OIH@$OIHJOIR% 0u9 0w890dej w wqe}{PA W;w, ,;lwe,l; ,/.,/.s,l;l,el;t,;lw,/.e,l;k w;let,/,tl;lkled;swl;wk;   

[ln]

Ok. Ok. Ok. OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKkkkkkkkk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

COLOR
ABCDEFGHIJK:MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. <BREAK><BREAK><BREAK>

I can't find any posts quoting this corrupted one. 
THIS thing quotes that post.
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 13, 2015, 04:35:15 pm »

How would that affect the times in the posts relevant to you? Would you like to actually answer the questions you've been ignoring now?

Everyone: Speaking of Peradon's messed up post, it's gone.

Data unrecoverable...Quarantining corrupted data.

This is significantly different to OSG's previously edited post, which was pretty much restored to its original state. I'd guess that this is a result of the degree/type of corruption since Peradon's was completely scrambled while OSG's was an ad.

The number of corrupted posts stands at four currently, as another one has been edited today.
Spoiler: Corrupt data (click to show/hide)

So that's four total edits today and six overall, which doesn't give much in the way of figuring out the underlying mechanics. No one's had two of their posts edited so far, which is a possible point to work from. There are also two sets of similar posts- mine, TBF's and Tomasque's were all minor edits, OSG's and Teneb's were both ads- while Perdon's is the only one with no similarities to another change.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 13, 2015, 04:38:39 pm »

@Deus_Asmoth: Because I didn't think to check if my original post was still intact when I saw that it was messed up in Peradon's.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 13, 2015, 04:52:44 pm »

TheBiggerFish:  I directed some commentary at you earlier and referenced this twice now.  I'd like to see it addressed.

Teneb:
If doing an actual case on someone is hopping on a bandwagon, then I guess I'll find someone to do it to again.
That's only a witty comeback if you've actually made an "actual case" on someone before.  Which you still don't appear to be doing.

TheDarkStar:  Speaking of actual cases on someone, I don't think I've seen one from you yet either.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2015, 05:36:07 pm »

Shakerag.
I.
Don't.
Get.
What.
You're.
Talking.
About.

If you want an answer, explain the question because obviously I don't know what you're asking.
Sigtext

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »

TBF:
Shakerag.
I.
Don't.
Get.
What.
You're.
Talking.
About.

If you want an answer, explain the question because obviously I don't know what you're asking.
Here.  I will quote my previous post directly:

TBF:
Well.  I'm glad Tomasque was town, then.
Better him than one of your scumbuddies, amirite?

@Shakerag:
Because I still don't have anything remotely concrete and frankly I might have been reacting to the bit where he accused me of being scum when I am town the first time I voted?  Although if no-one shows a more likely scum, I might vote him again.  Looking at you, Teneb.
So what I'm hearing is "I'm going to lurk until I can hop on a bandwagon."  Cool.  Noted.

...Apparently not?
At least you're consistent.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2015, 05:53:34 pm »

Shakerag:
Exactly WHAT IS THE BLOODY QUESTION.
In there, I see:
A rhetorical question
An assertion of your viewpoint.
A continued assertion of said viewpoint.

Nowhere in that post is:
An actual question.
Productive discussion.
Anything that proves scumminess.
It seems to me like you're making up for investigation with bluster.
Now, could you maybe consider asking actual questions to people instead of bombarding me with passive-aggressive rhetoric?
Or are you trying to cover for something and going for the easy target?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28