Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28

Author Topic: THE SYSTEM - Game Over!  (Read 36124 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: THE SYSTEM - Active Cycle 1
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2015, 09:44:11 pm »

Really I think the whole goal is to discover what Meph's solution is.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2015, 10:43:00 pm »

Quarantine Count
Tomasque: notquitethere

Active Cycle 1 ends ~5pm Pacific Tuesday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2015, 10:56:37 pm »

Oh! Quarantine means vote. That makes alot more sense now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 06:48:43 pm by Mephansteras »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2015, 11:37:13 pm »

Wait! I'm here!

OSG, indubitably. We should be alert for post-related shenanigans: especially appearing and disappearing votes.

Tomasque, How do you intend to find scum today?

Toony, what power would you put in the game if you were building a game with a post-editing mechanic?
I intend to lynch scum who shamelessly try to get an investigator to out themselves, my dear notquitethere.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2015, 12:02:59 am »

Strategy Alpha is a go, beginning operation. Strategy Beta is in progress. Strategy theta is forming. Strategy delta is being written up given information gained in these first couple hours.

Peradon: Given that posts may be changed by the mod, when do you think it will happen? What do you intend to do to find out what has changed?

Oragami: What should we do if anyone lurks for too long?

Shakerag: Neat to see you outside a BYOR. What attracted you here, and what strategies do you intend to use in this set-up?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2015, 12:08:20 am »

Quarantine them for proper removal.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2015, 12:44:05 am »

Program startup initiated...

Please wait...

Startup complete. Virus hunt initiated.

Everybody: Do you think that Meph's ability to edit posts will have a profound impact on the game?
Of course it will. If it didnt, then this would probably be just any other semi-bastard mafia game.

Peradon: Given that posts may be changed by the mod, when do you think it will happen? What do you intend to do to find out what has changed?
I think it will happen during the night or after the lynch. My initial thoughts are that when we quarantine someone, all the "Data" produced by that someone will be expunged, which means that we wont be able to do analyses as well. There is also the possibility that the Virus has the ability to change the post of someone...

Are you an advocate of Lynching all Lurkers? Do you have experience with this technique working?

Wait! I'm here!

OSG, indubitably. We should be alert for post-related shenanigans: especially appearing and disappearing votes.

Toony, what power would you put in the game if you were building a game with a post-editing mechanic?
I intend to lynch scum who shamelessly try to get an investigator to out themselves, my dear notquitethere.
Tomasque, what makes you think that NQT was fishing for an investigator claim?

TheBiggerFish: Can I call you TBF for short...?

TheBiggerFish: What do you think about the maxim "Lynch all Lurkers"?

Everyone: What are your general thoughts about Gambits?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2015, 04:50:33 am »

Program startup initiated...

Please wait...

Startup complete. Virus hunt initiated.

Everybody: Do you think that Meph's ability to edit posts will have a profound impact on the game?
Of course it will. If it didnt, then this would probably be just any other semi-bastard mafia game.

I think it will happen during the night or after the lynch. My initial thoughts are that when we quarantine someone, all the "Data" produced by that someone will be expunged, which means that we wont be able to do analyses as well. There is also the possibility that the Virus has the ability to change the post of someone...

Are you an advocate of Lynching all Lurkers? Do you have experience with this technique working?

Wait! I'm here!

Tomasque, what makes you think that NQT was fishing for an investigator claim?

TheBiggerFish: Can I call you TBF for short...?

TheBiggerFish: What do you think about the maxim "Lynch all Lurkers"?

Everyone: What are your general thoughts about Gambits?
Code: [Select]
/*...*/
return true;
/*...*/
return null;
/*...*/
return null;
/*...*/
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2015, 06:43:41 am »

I think there's been a misunderstanding here. All town are trying to hunt scum, not just those with investigation powers. I wasn't fishing in any way.

Toony, noted. Do you think TBF has a post restriction or is just messing with us?

TBF, Post a code snippet if you're just messing with us.

Peradon, I have seen the error of my ways and I'm no longer interested in fancy play gambits. Good town play is about building trust,  which erratic moves selfishly undermine.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2015, 08:40:18 am »

Sorry, I kinda overreacted. Frankly, my scum radar isn't as good as other people's, so currently everyone looks pretty innocent.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2015, 09:21:03 am »

Regarding gambits, I'd say they're a tool to be used like anything else, even if they are a bit of a double edged sword. It's important to weigh the information you think you'll gain against the reaction other players will have against it.

OSG, I'd guess that editing posts will have a fairly substantial impact. It seems kind of pointless otherwise. With any luck it won't remove evidence that a case is using though.

TBF and Tomasque, I don't think I've played with you before. How much experience do you have?

NQT, you haven't run very many gambits (two that I've played with). What convinced you that they were a bad idea?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2015, 09:34:29 am »

I've had a decent amount of experience, but nearly nothing on this forum.
Money!

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2015, 09:59:29 am »

Hello errybody.  For those of you who haven't played with me before, I'm pretty much constantly posting from profession (PFP), so I will almost certainly have the lowest post count.  However I try to at least put in one good-sized post per day.  I also liberally use sarcasm.

flabort:
Shakerag: Neat to see you outside a BYOR. What attracted you here, and what strategies do you intend to use in this set-up?
Well webadict might be dead, so I'm going to need to branch out.  Meph is one mean fothermucker when it comes to making games, and it's a semi-bastard, so I just had to check this one out.

Strategy wise, going from previous Meph (semi-)bastard games, we really, really, really need to figure out the bastard mechanics or we're going to get screwed over.  The most classic example of this is Bastard Paranormal 1.  Town lynched scum 2 out of 3 days and lost, because the real scum was not the apparent scumteam. 

TBF:
Code: [Select]
/*...*/
return true;
/*...*/
return null;
/*...*/
return null;
/*...*/
[/quote]
I hope you have a legitimate posting restriction on your role, because after Lenglon's bullshit in BYOR14 I'm not going to let that fly.

Peradon: Metaphorically speaking, do you think it is easier to catch scum with sugar or with vinegar?
Teneb: Which players do you think are most likely going to be the spiders in this game, spinning us all into their web?
flabort: Have you made chop suey (so to speak) of the mechanics in a previous bastard game?
origamiscienceguy: Do you think there are any players who add toxicity to this game such that it will make it harder to play (and figure out the mechanics)?
Deus Asmoth: Do you think it is an aerial fancy to assume we'll figure out the bastard mechanics in this game?
notquitethere: Do you think your standard vote analysis will give you as much of an innervision as to who is scum in this game as compared to a non-bastard game?
TheDarkStar: If you could Boom! Headshot! someone right now, who would it be?
ToonyMan: Nice responses.  Are you going to ask a question today as well?
TheBiggerFish: Who would you most like to hypnotize and ensure they're on your team this game?
Tomasque: Would you feel it is a sad and lonely day to be town?  That is, to say, do you think scum has an advantage in this game?  Or perhaps some third-party?

Everyone: Do you think asking a question to "everyone" is a bullshit and lazy tactic and that you refuse to answer such questions as well?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »

Toony, noted. Do you think TBF has a post restriction or is just messing with us?
Confirming...

Confirming....
Confirming.........

He's messing with us.

ToonyMan: Nice responses.  Are you going to ask a question today as well?
Who knows...?  La~la~la~la~la~~

Everyone: Do you think asking a question to "everyone" is a bullshit and lazy tactic and that you refuse to answer such questions as well?
Affirmative.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2015, 12:36:48 pm »

ShakeThe OP said that figuring out the mechanics of this game would be necessary to win, so I guess it must be possible once some information starts getting revealed.

Do you think that replying to rhetorical questions is pointless?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 28