Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48228 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 15 (Updated 11/1)
« Reply #270 on: November 05, 2015, 05:24:14 am »

1720 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

The bullets impact the water harmlessly. [6] The rock, on the other hand, has definitely had an effect!

Bubbles rise from the water as glass shards momentarily float to the surface before falling back down. From the water emerges a short-haired woman wearing a jumpsuit much like the one you started off with in your inventory. It could be another player!

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

The dark figure throws something into the water. The glass shatters! The object itself, a rock, lands inside the pod just below your feet. You feel glass shards rubbing against your jumpsuit, but it covers your feet as well so you haven't been cut. You hope.

[4] Oxygel is close to the same density as water, though slightly less so that humans always sink to the bottom under gravity.
As a result, the whole mass of oxygel in the pod--yourself included--begins to float up out of the water, pushing aside the shattered pod glass due to the fluid motion. You float to the surface to find a man in a full-body black suit, armed with a rifle and a pistol. You're in a river in the middle of some wasteland... there's only sand and water visible for few dozen meters, and no more than that due to the thickness of the rain.

The world above doesn't look like Greenheart... the sky is filled with purplish clouds, and it is raining very heavily. Your lungs are still filled with oxygel, and you don't feel the impulse to spit it out yet... although after a certain point you will want to breath normal air again. You have an oxygen tank that lasts five minutes that you're supposed to breath when you get out of the pod.

Cueball (Paphi):

The helmet thus far seems to be a good insulator of noise. [5] You fake a low yawn, while actually muttering the plan. Graves gets the idea right away. Nyar also seems to understand. The Cabinboy responds with his usual supportive comments, and you're not sure if he's speaking it out loud outside, but either way he's modelled after a child. He looks just like one anyway, and as far as you're aware the locals might not even realize he's with you.

Quote from: Radio
They have four light vehicles and the one ambulance, didn't see anything else. Pretty impressive that they got all this running so quickly.

I don't think we can get the last jeep, it's right behind the tent you're inside right now. The other three jeeps are out searching.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

"Huh, who would have thought. Coulda sworn you don't speak Kretin... well, catch you later. We should be back in an hour."
The young man departs, along with other men. The camp seems lonely without him.

You do a quick survey of the remaining personnel in the camp:
-An indeterminate amount are in the officer camps
-There are two doctors in the infirmary, as well as two wounded soldiers. Both are fast asleep.
-There are three engineers still hanging around the armory. They still seem to be doing work related to a very large gun with very large barrels and shells. Every few minutes they head to the workshop hauling something, where they stay for a few more minutes.
-You shouldn't go into the barracks unless you want the quartermaster to find you with the gun, if there is one.

Graves shows up near the armory and whispers to you.
"You counting heads too? There are at least six men total in the tents but they're a long ways off. That's also where the last jeep is. Have you seen any other vehicles around? I feel bad carjacking an ambulance..."

Nole (Slayer1557):

((I've planned several things out beforehand. This is one of those things. I briefly considered changing the plot to make twinwolf's life easier but then I realized putting a player stuck underneath a ship for a few turns would be boring. I'd much rather put him out in a wasteland with no hazard suit and limited oxygen :P))

The shuttles are equipped with plain old Oxygen + Hydrogen chemical rockets, easily replenishable by splitting water. The engines have the added bonus of working in space, you realize, because the oxygen is contained within a compartment of the fuel tank. Makes sense.
[6] Of course, the reason you learn this is because the fuel tanks are right there... next to the engines... and not connected in any way to them except by severed piping. Fortunately there is a valve so the fuel remains in the tank, but linking it to the engines will be impossible without repairing the piping or finding replacements. It's not as if the shuttle can fly anyway; it resembles a peeled banana more than a spaceworthy vessel in its current state.
The woman in the pod gives a thumb's up while hovering against the glass. You can hardly make out her expression but she doesn't appear to be acting frantically.

The pod can be opened by breaking the glass, or perhaps by rotating it. The pods are cylindrical with a flat section of the bottom so it doesn't roll easily, but if you gave it some room and some space you might be able to roll it and open that way. The problem is that would require more digging and more displaced sand.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 16 (Updated 11/4)
« Reply #271 on: November 05, 2015, 05:45:36 pm »

Hey why don't we use some of those shells. I'm sure they have some HE rounds.

((Approximately how large are those shells?))
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 05, 2015, 05:50:04 pm »

((Can Ciri speak? Or is the gel preventing that?))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 05, 2015, 09:52:14 pm »

((Can Ciri speak? Or is the gel preventing that?))

((The gel prevents that unless you spit it out. See: the first few actions the other players tried))

Hey why don't we use some of those shells. I'm sure they have some HE rounds.

((Approximately how large are those shells?))

About 6cm thick and over 20 cm long.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 06, 2015, 07:48:09 am »

Finding herself unable to speak, Ciri tries to write in the mud/sand/other soft ground material.

"Is it safe to breath?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 06, 2015, 11:44:50 pm »

Wait for the officer's response.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 15 (Updated 11/1)
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2015, 02:35:59 am »

((Sorry))

"That'll work. That, the power cells for the pod, a vehicle capable of towing the pod through the muck, and some sort of writ that'll recognize us as a neutral party. In exchange for a strong vehicle, I'll also throw in this syringe. It's an intensely powerful healing agent capable of restoring organic tissues quickly, but it'll paralyze the area. It'll work for any organ but the brain, but make sure you don't need the part for a while," Cueball says, offering up his last medigel, hoping it'll get him something with enough torque to haul Graves' shuttle.

"You want to tow it through the mud? Should have designed it with wheels."

The pods were mostly designed to be carried by forklifts.

"Do you really need both batteries? I just called HQ to send a pickup, and I am sure they would be disappointed if they turned up with nothing to bring back.

I'll have the doctors look at that syringe of yours. Meanwhile, I'll be filling out the paperwork to identify your lot as refugees. That means we'll be able to save you if the Reich captures you. Got that? If so, you're dismissed for now."

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 07, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »

Finding herself unable to speak, Ciri tries to write in the mud/sand/other soft ground material.

"Is it safe to breath?"

Nod.  Watch her carefully in case she's some kind of undersea boss monster that disguises itself as a player and attacks when it's target's guard is down.  If she does anything aggressive, shoot her.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 07, 2015, 08:39:23 pm »

Ciri does a thumbs-up, to indicate she understood. More writing.

"Where is the nearest place I can be inside?"

While it shouldn't be possible she was off the ship, Ciri's logical mind knew that there wasn't anywhere like this on the ship.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 08:42:59 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 07, 2015, 10:15:42 pm »

"I'm sorry, I can't leave you with any working pieces of working energy tech," Cueball said. "It's a delicate situation... However..."

Cueball plugs in the black chip and looks for a 2D schematic of something useful, like a rocket engine.

"I may be able to leave you a few schematics, depending on your taste."
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 10:20:23 pm by Paphi »

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 09, 2015, 11:25:51 am »

Ciri does a thumbs-up, to indicate she understood. More writing.

"Where is the nearest place I can be inside?"

While it shouldn't be possible she was off the ship, Ciri's logical mind knew that there wasn't anywhere like this on the ship.

Point in a random direction.  Say "It's dangerous to go alone.  Take this.". Then give her the pistol and walk away.  If she's secretly a mermaid monster, the encounter might not trigger if she thinks I'm an NPC.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 11:34:13 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 09, 2015, 03:19:20 pm »

Before he walks away:

"But wouldn't I still be alone? A pistol is not a person."
Sigtext!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »

Before he walks away:

"But wouldn't I still be alone? A pistol is not a person."

(Are you saying that or writing that?  If you wrote it, then Arthur probably didn't notice and would continue walking.)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 09, 2015, 04:30:52 pm »

Ciri walks up to the man walking away and taps him on the shoulder, then directs him to the note.

She adds:

"Could you take me to the nearest indoors space?"
Sigtext!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 09, 2015, 04:45:42 pm »

Look around for a hand grenade. I'll need something to set off the shells.

Graves... I think we should try to bundle a few shells together with a grenade with a string tied to the pin, pull the string and then... Well... Boom.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 47