Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48201 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 16 (Updated 11/4)
« Reply #285 on: November 09, 2015, 05:26:35 pm »

Mini-roll while waiting on Slayer and waiting for this conversation to finish.

"I'm sorry, I can't leave you with any working pieces of working energy tech," Cueball said. "It's a delicate situation... However..."

Cueball plugs in the black chip and looks for a 2D schematic of something useful, like a rocket engine.

"I may be able to leave you a few schematics, depending on your taste."

"Sheesh, alright. Here's the papers." He hands you the paperwork.

[2] Your suit has a few ports on the back of the heltmet to which you can plug in digital media. You insert the chip and access the whole of the library, which contains schematics of the liquid oxygen/hydrogen engines used on the shuttles, as well as conventional rocket engines useful for atmospheric flight. There's even an exmerimental drive that uses a large ionizing ring to create a noiseless helicopter sort of deal, but that is well outside of your production capabilities right now.

When it comes time to give him the blueprints, however, you realize that there are no computers in this entire camp. Nothing to plug the chip into. And your suit lacks a printer.

Look around for a hand grenade. I'll need something to set off the shells.

Quote from: Radio
Graves... I think we should try to bundle a few shells together with a grenade with a string tied to the pin, pull the string and then... Well... Boom.

[Search: 5+1 > new miniquest]
You enter the armory and look around. Inside you find everything a fanboy could dream of:

2 reloadable rocket launchers with a shield to protect the user
One box of 12x 90mm rockets
A box of 8 disposable rocket launchers
2x machine guns, belt-fed
3x machine guns, magazine-fed
Ammo boxes stacked up to the ceiling and covering the left wall
Three boxes of twenty grenades each
A heavy gun meant to be mounted inside a vehicle

There are a few boxes containing 60x200mm ammo, but most of them are actually outside, near the back of the armory.

You pull a grenade out of the box by the pin.
Got grenade pin!

[Stealth: 6]
You hear graves on the radio.
Alert! One of them is coming back. Looks like he forgot something. I'll try to distract him.

You hear Graves conversing with the engineer; it's faint, due to the rain clamoring over the roof.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 16 (Updated 11/9)
« Reply #286 on: November 09, 2015, 06:53:20 pm »

((:I))
Nole rubbed his neck, looking at the broken fuel lines.  It definitely wasn't moving anytime soon.  And he didn't dare digging more under the ship, lest it move and crush himself, or the pod.  The ground here was soft and waterlogged, just getting to the pod in the first place was such a hassle.  Breaking the glass in the pod would be a last resort.  It would be risky and could hurt her, or worse.  As long as she was stable, that could wait.

Nibble on the cooked slug and see if it won't kill me.

He sits by the pod and has a one sided conversation with it's inhabitant.  "It's going to be tough to get you out.  The remains of the ship are on top of you, and the ground here is unstable at best.  If you think you are in trouble, make some noise and I'll break the glass.  I can blast it open with a small charge.  Heh... you can imagine why I don't want to do that.  Everyone else ran off to meet up with another radio contact.  I can only hope they come back soon with more equipment and people."

Make a simple circuit so I can set a charge off on a timer, maybe 10 seconds.  Don't connect anything to actual explosives.  Use those parts from the disassembled suit.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 16 (Updated 11/4)
« Reply #287 on: November 09, 2015, 07:00:49 pm »

Ciri walks up to the man walking away and taps him on the shoulder, then directs him to the note.

She adds:

"Could you take me to the nearest indoors space?"

Nod.  If she follows me, walk around in search of other players.  If I find any, stop walking and point at them.  Then when the woman/disguised-mermaid-monster is talking with whoever I found, sneak away and escape before she finally aggros.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 09, 2015, 07:02:47 pm »

Follow him if he goes.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

Run out of the building using a side entrance if possible. Shit. Well, at least now I can be sure they won't be chasing me with any of those machine guns.

Hey graves, things are going great. I got the grenade pin. Now we just need a grenade.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 10, 2015, 04:40:06 am »

A grenade... pin?

Shit!

"I... think there's been an accident," Cueball coldly states.

((How far away is the armory?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 10, 2015, 05:01:29 am »

1730 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[1] Much to your dissatisfaction, you don't encounter any players in the near vicinity. You eventually reach the spawn point where there are bound to be players eventually. The grief potential is limitless!

Back at the shuttle wreckage, you find one of your fellow players sitting in a trench beneath a tarp, which extends all the way down the shuttle. A carefully-arranged patchwork of panels and pieces of hull form a lining to keep mud and sand from pouring back into the hole.
There seems to be a stasis pod at the bottom with a player inside. She must have spawned underground somehow.

You do hear an odd rumbling noise from the north. A foglight is visible through the rain and mist, much like a car's headlights. It's not aimed in your direction, so it's unlikely they'll see you, and the source seems to be moving faster than your legs could possibly carry you.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

You follow the stranger. The gel in your lungs lasts a rather long time, but your thoughts are still muddled from a long sleep. Your metabolism also seems slower, as you have a hard time keeping up.
Eventually, as you start to feel the urge to breath air, you approach what looks to be a shelter. No, it's actually a long triangular shape. It's--

It's a crashed shuttle. Shrapnel and spaceship guts are everywhere, and you almost cut your foot on a sharp piece sticking half an inch out of the sand. It seems partially sunken, but there is a trench dug nearby and covered with a tarp that's diverting rainwater away from the hole.
Inside the trench is a person wearing the same black suit as the man who brought you here. The shuttle is torn open; it looks like a peeled banana, almost, and you can see inside. There is a grand total of one box of medical supplies and two black suits hanging from a rack.

There are also seven pods scattered about. One of them is full of blue gel and seems to have a body inside, while the others are full of white gel and closed to keep the water out.
The rest of the ship's contents, if it had any other than pods and that medical box, must have fallen out.

Cueball (Paphi):

"Sheesh, alright. Here's the papers." He hands you the paperwork.

[2] Your suit has a few ports on the back of the heltmet to which you can plug in digital media. You insert the chip and access the whole of the library, which contains schematics of the liquid oxygen/hydrogen engines used on the shuttles, as well as conventional rocket engines useful for atmospheric flight. There's even an exmerimental drive that uses a large ionizing ring to create a noiseless helicopter sort of deal, but that is well outside of your production capabilities right now.

When it comes time to give him the blueprints, however, you realize that there are no computers in this entire camp. Nothing to plug the chip into. And your suit lacks a printer.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

You run oout of the building through the only entrance, the front.
You what--

You see him push the engineer over and dive on top of him. [5 > no new miniquest] But after a long, awkward pause, nothing happens.

Soon, Graves rises to his knees. The engineer, having apparently been kneed in the abdomen, curls up and moans.
"Umm... good? I guess? Was there an explosion?"

You didn't hear one.

Nole (Slayer1557):

[6] The slug has a rather noticeable aftertaste, as well as an odd, gritty, texture--almost like sand. But the sand, now coated in particulates and enzymes from the creature's metabolism, seems to have taken on a flavor of its own.

That's right. Sand seasoning.

The slug itself is quite tasty, but you're not sure if they can be considered sustainable for long. For starters, they seem to have a very slow metabolism, and they are quite rare. On the other hand, it may be possible to farm them, and the trail of sludge they leave behind is definitely interesting.

[6] A transistor attached to a capacitor should function as a rudimentary switch. That, plus a small transformer should create a decent spark, especially in this wet and conductive atmosphere.

The woman in the pod seems to hear you. Smiling, she knocks on the glass as soon as you come back from building the circuit. She at toward the hinges on the lower part of the door, then curls up in a ball on the opposite side of the pod interior.

As this happens, you hear footsteps. The self-mutilating guy (you recognize him by his suit number: 1) brought back a survivor! She is a short woman, with short black hair and deep hazel eyes, still in her jumpsuit but not noticeably breathing. You realize she must still have lungs full of oxygel!
There are two spare Magnus suits left. The third one was cannibalized.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 05:10:51 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 17 (Updated 11/10)
« Reply #292 on: November 10, 2015, 06:45:01 am »

Ciri coughs up the gel, finally, and puts the oxygen mask on.

If she can talk with the mask on:
"Thanks..."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 10, 2015, 01:14:51 pm »

Well fuck... Fuck this, I quit... Fucking... Ugh...

Nyar puts his hand where his cheek would be if wasn't wearing a helmet, Crosses his legs while raising one. "Here"

Nyar tosses the grenade pin to graves."Ugh, What the fuck. Was it a goddamn smoke grenade? Or do they just keep fucking grenade pins around."

Nyar looks at the engineer, Sir, your grenades suck ass. Nyar slowly picks him self up and begins to walk out of the camp.

I think I'm going for a walk. This is a case of shattered morale, I'll see you guys later.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2015, 03:57:24 am »

Cueball listens to the transmissions before angrily whispering back.

"What the hell! You have a job to do, and I already saved your ass once! What's this crap about a grenade pin? What's happening out there, Graves?"

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2015, 04:07:22 am »

"..."

Sneak away while the woman isn't looking.  Move toward the suspicious fog light with my weapons ready.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2015, 12:32:14 am »

1735 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[2] You run after the lights, but as it turns out, cars are much faster than people. It drives off into the distance without you.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Ciri (Twinwolf):

You more-or-less recover. The suits hanging in the shuttle look like they have integrated life support, so you'll probably have to wear one anyway. The guy who brought you here seems to have gone missing.

There is a resounding explosion in the distance. You wonder what that could be. It comes from the east.

Cueball (Paphi):

There is a massive explosion outside. You see light flashing through the tent material. Outside, it seems one of the buildings--the armory--is no longer standing. There is mass property damage more or less everywhere, as pieces of the building flew out. The infirmary is now severely damaged, and the radio tower has collapsed due to the shockwave.

"Shien! Atafa gelerm!" shouts the officer.
"You stay in here. We may be under attack."

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

You walk back to the castle you built earlier. It seems to have expanded somwhat, with the moat now twice as wide across and several farmhouses now present scattered nearby.

As you take a closer look, [6] you hear a massive explosion behind you. A piece of shrapnel touches down two inches away from your left foot, and another piece lands three inches from your right.
One piece hits your castle, which unfortunately now has a giant crater in the middle.

Nyar, I think the engineer died.

Nole (Slayer1557):

[6] The slug has a rather noticeable aftertaste, as well as an odd, gritty, texture--almost like sand. But the sand, now coated in particulates and enzymes from the creature's metabolism, seems to have taken on a flavor of its own.

That's right. Sand seasoning.

The slug itself is quite tasty, but you're not sure if they can be considered sustainable for long. For starters, they seem to have a very slow metabolism, and they are quite rare. On the other hand, it may be possible to farm them, and the trail of sludge they leave behind is definitely interesting.

[6] A transistor attached to a capacitor should function as a rudimentary switch. That, plus a small transformer should create a decent spark, especially in this wet and conductive atmosphere.

The woman in the pod seems to hear you. Smiling, she knocks on the glass as soon as you come back from building the circuit. She at toward the hinges on the lower part of the door, then curls up in a ball on the opposite side of the pod interior.

As this happens, you hear footsteps. The self-mutilating guy (you recognize him by his suit number: 1) brought back a survivor! She is a short woman, with short black hair and deep hazel eyes, still in her jumpsuit but not noticeably breathing. You realize she must still have lungs full of oxygel!
There are two spare Magnus suits left. The third one was cannibalized.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 18 (Updated 11/11)
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2015, 01:48:38 am »

Leave, and survey. How damaged is the infirmary?

"Officer! Where are the batteries?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2015, 02:21:13 am »

Leave, and survey. How damaged is the infirmary?

"Officer! Where are the batteries?"

"They're inside the...

...Oh."

The armory is no more.

[2] One of the walls is collapsed. You can't see through to the other side because of the smoking shrapnel lodged inside the wall.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 04:16:41 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2015, 06:25:45 am »

"May I?" Ciri says, gesturing to the suits.

Assuming she is allowed, she goes and puts one on.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47