Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48249 times)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 8
« Reply #165 on: October 02, 2015, 12:03:41 am »

Nole considers dismantling the spare suit, but puts it off until later.  For now he was more interested in the bizarre fish.  He collects some of the dead ones for now, a couple of each color and gets to work.  Using the bony edge of the red fish he tries to fillet a second red fish, as well as a green fish.  He examines their innards, as well as possibly getting the skeleton (If it indeed has a skeleton as typical fish do) of the red fish down to a more convenient tool.  If he can get it to just the spine and sharp head, clean of flesh, he does so.

"We may have to just give it a shot.  Cook them, eat a tiny bit, and see if we get sick.  Same with anything else we might find on this world.  Oh!  I just had a thought.  Maybe we should collect some rainwater while it's still stormy?  It might not be clean, but it will certainly be better than anything from a puddle."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 02, 2015, 05:57:50 pm »

((Waiting on Meggass + response for below))

"A name?"

"Oh, you can call me captain, or glorious leader."

"Very well, Lederglorios."

"A lift would be good. We're not injured, but a vehicle would make it much easier to get around. I am known as Cueball. I've contacted a fellow survivor of mine, and would like to seek him out."

The noise continues, and gets closer.

Soon enough, a vehicle pulls up: a boxed vehicle with a large white cross painted on one side over a red circle. The metal underneath the symbol is painted violet. You first see the headlights approach, but they soon shut off once they are in visual range.

The English-speaker comes out of the fog, showing himself to you.
He is a skinny man, around his twenties (but clearly human!), wearing a tan-and-brown camouflage pattern on all clothing. He wears a helmet much like a soldier's, and the rifle appears to be made of dark chocolate-colored wood, with an open bolt and a bayonet fixed below the barrel (but capped with a piece of cork to prevent it from stabbing anyone). Three grenades hang among magazines from his bandolier, as well as a single belt of primitive ammunition. Some of his companions also wear belts over their shoulders, but one carries a machine gun, also of primitive design.

They all sport flashlights, binoculars, and handheld flares with a twistable cap. He twists it when the ambulance nears, and it immediately lights.
"Oh, your Lederglorios said you were travelers. Do you mean to say you were one of the strange men that fell from the sky in the past day? We've recovered several of you, all wearing the same uniform. It is a strange uniform indeed..."

He wears no visible respirator or anything like that. But your suit warned that the oxygen levels on this planet are not suitable for long-term breathing.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 02, 2015, 06:07:06 pm »

Rush the guy, steal his weapon, and continually hit him with the weapon until he vanishes and I hear the victory music.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2015, 06:28:14 pm »

"We are, technically. We come from far beyond the clouds and have travelled eons to escape the terrible conditions of our home. My companion is very sarcastic."

To Nyar: "Keep your nose clean, 'Lederglorios'. I already saved your ass once."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

"Yes we come from space, that great black serpent and all its twisting wrath." Nyar seems more serious and bitter now after observing these new men.

I could get used to this world, finally a true testing ground for grit. Nyar observes the men's dated gear with interest. Recorded? Seems they have some means of circulating information.

To Cueball: "How nostalgic, it's like world war 2 again. Anyways do you think these guys are long lost colonists... Or."

Nyar pauses for a moment.

"... Do you suppose this is our home, earth?"

Perhaps I may have an opportunity to write my name into history.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 11:59:55 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2015, 11:03:48 pm »

To Cueball: "How nostalgic, it's like world war 2 again. Anyways do you think these guys are long lost colonists... Or."

Nyar pauses for a moment.

"... Do you suppose this is our home, earth?"

"I can guarantee you this isn't Earth. Earth wasn't purple, at least not in the vids. I doubt they're colonists. And stop bringing up ancient wars like you were there, dingus. The worst you've ever seen is a worm thing trying to eat you. I suggest we move this along."

To the strangers: "I would very much like to meet with someone of authority. Perhaps we could clear this up, if anything needs clearing up."

Dialogue!

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2015, 11:57:37 pm »

"Yes we come from space, that great black serpent and all its twisting wrath." Nyar seems more serious and bitter now after observing these new men.

"Frigid."

To the strangers: "I would very much like to meet with someone of authority. Perhaps we could clear this up, if anything needs clearing up."

"If you came from the sky, your own authority is much greater, no? Nevertheless, we accept your offer of diplomacy."

The ambulance opens its doors, and medics in violet coats step out, both lighting flares as they exit the vehicle. Water drips down from above the doors. They seem to be welcoming you inside.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2015, 11:59:11 pm »

"Perhaps that is the worst I've seen." Nyar says mostly to himself. That will soon change if I can help it.

"But I am as much flesh and blood as my ancestors where, their history is my history."

Enter ambulance.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 12:01:03 am by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2015, 12:27:18 am »

Drag Cabinboy into the ambulance with us. Inform the medics that Cabinboy is an automaton and does not require attention, despite its outward appearance.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 9
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2015, 12:36:57 am »

1630 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):

((No further action?))

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

((Rolls in (parenthesis) mark the target's defense/evasion rolls))

[3] You charge the mob! The ground is slippery, so you must approach slowly. This combat counts as long-range.
The trooper drops his sword and backs away, drawing his pistol in time. You are unable to reach him before he fires. [6] But he suffers an aiming penalty in the pouring rain, and so he empties his magazine missing every shot!

At this point, you bat away his hand and reach for the rifle on his back. Pulling it away, you bash him on the head as he reloads, (2) hitting him on the face. (4+1) However, no matter how much you hit him he never disappears. Maybe his helmet gives too much damage resistance.

Target has +1 defense, the rifle has 4 Power, 3 Accuracy as a melee weapon

"Auf!" he shouts, pointing a violet fish at your face. He is squeezing it so that the mouth is open and its many rows of teeth are visible.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

The vehicle's engine hums idly. It doesn't run on electricity like the carts on the colony ship did. Those were silent, even when moving, although they played a sound to alert others of their position.

The ambulance takes you to some sort of camp. There are several buildings, each surrounded by cloth awnings leaking with rainwater. Several barrels have been placed to collect the water. You were almost certain the inhabitants of this planet would absorb water through their skin as well, if they can breath the air.

You are dropped off at the center of the camp rather than in the infirmary, since you aren't injured. The translator tells you what each building is for:
The Infirmary: Where medical supplies are stored and the sick/wounded are taken
The Radio Shack: For communication with High Command and other task forces sent out.
The Workshop: Where the soldiers work on their equipment and conduct field repairs. There is currently a vehicle in the shop, an elongated pyramid with four thick wheels covered by side skirts.
The Barracks: Where soldiers sleep and keep their personal belongings.
The Armory: Where non-personal equipment is stored. You're not allowed in here, or so they say.
The Offices: A bunch of tents set up for meetings and planning. Apparently there is some sort of war going on, and there are several officers inside one big tent deciding what to do with the Sky People, as you and the other survivors are called.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

The ambulance seems slightly cramped. Good for military use, though for civilians it seems like there is hardly room to perform an emergency operation.

They drop you off at a camp. It's actually a military base! You hope their 'homeland' is more developed than this.

Some young men garrying red jugs come out of the workshop. They bring the jugs to the ambulance and are now pouring something into a port on its side. The suit warns you of hydrocarbon fumes.

Nole (Slayer1557):

[6] The bony edge works great as a knife! In fact, it can cut through the bones of these fish, or at least whatever they have in place of a skeleton. It can also cut through your suit, unsurprisingly.

The arrowfish' internal organs are packed into a small pocket of chitinous material, fairly tough but vulnerable to repeated hacking. Around the pocket is a thick layer of muscle, which should be good for eating if the wildlife isn't toxic. Something tells you it probably is, but you don't have much else to go off of at this point.
The green fish are actually quite similar internally. But unlike the redfish with the blades, the green fish have two tusks that they use for combat, each only a few milimeters thick and made of a translucent material. They contain more fat than the arrowfish, and also have a longer digestive tract with three separate stomachs. Or at least you assume they are stomachs, since they are filled with moldy green slime, similar to the stuff the fish were hiding in before the battle.

The battle is mostly over. There is a surprising lack of bodies after the melee, although many of the green fish which return to the slime bed are bloodied red and injured.
Some red fish remain among the bodies, plucking at the dead green fish. They don't pose much of a threat individually.

One of the sand mantas on the ground was a target of repeated attacks. Small gashes in its topside are bleeding, and several chunks are actually missing. One arrowfish is actually lodged inside, or at least its severed front half is.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

((No action x2))

Cueball drags you into the ambulance. The doctors don't seem interested in you at all, even though the people back on the ship always seemed surprised that you were a robot.

They do, however, take great interest in Nyar's suit. He has some gashes on his suit which seem to be smoothed over by a tough and shiny black gel.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:29:09 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Turn 9 (Updated 10/3)
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2015, 03:48:07 pm »

Look for other survivors while dragging the android around.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:13:36 pm by Paphi »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2015, 04:48:25 pm »

"It is entirely possible. I don't have a suitable container for the water, though."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2015, 05:03:38 pm »

((Sorry about the no actions! Was dead for a while, but I should be back now.))

Cabin-Boy talks to Nyar on the radio "Nope sir, not at all! There is a very slim chance of this being Earth, unless a ton of radiation was dumped after we left. Besides, I have a basic G.P.S. function that works on Earth and only Earth. It ain't working."

Cabin-Boy speaks to the english-speaker "Uuuuh..... Hello sir! Do you know of any advanced technology where we are heading? Like a 3D printer?"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:28:45 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:24 am »

Cabin-Boy activates his universal translator, and speaks to the English speaker, but in Altmer.

((Nooo such thing.))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2015, 01:27:24 am »

Cabin-Boy activates his universal translator, and speaks to the English speaker, but in Altmer.

((Nooo such thing.))
((Darnit.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47