Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48064 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 4
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2015, 03:15:37 am »

Mark gets a hazardsuit from the ship, feeling stupid for not having thought of this before. He starts moving over to the puddles in the 'north' and investigates them for any unfamiliar characteristics.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2015, 06:45:28 am »

Arthur, thinking this is some kind of new game mechanic, makes no attempt to dodge the fire.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2015, 03:50:37 pm »

If possible, download the blueprints and software onto my suit or another suitable medium. Send G19 the following: Going to try and find you - stay put. Try to use some pod gel as a signal.

See if the shuttle has a spotlight or floodlamp of some kind on its hull. Light them toward the sky if possible.

((I'd assume the darkness on the night side of a barren world in a storm is pretty total, so any light would be visible at a good distance. It is dark, right?))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2015, 07:57:00 pm »

((I'd assume the darkness on the night side of a barren world in a storm is pretty total, so any light would be visible at a good distance. It is dark, right?))

It actually isn't that dark right now, you can see clearly in front of you. The sun isn't visible through the cloud cover though. The clouds themselves appear mostly dark with traces of violet, but the horizon is much more clearly violet. Rather than violet clouds, it's a sort of violet haze.
((Imagine this but with some kind of heavy fog in the air.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2015, 12:48:47 am »

Nyar notices Nole intends on going for a walk. Joins him(after applying gel to Arthur). I think I'll start walking out of here before some old guys without hair, or with hair for that matter, start yelling at me.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 5
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2015, 01:37:10 am »

1610 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):
You walk north quite a bit and see more puddles, none of which are unusual. Fortunately your suit has a compass and a pedometer, so you know you walked about 130m north before coming across something interesting.

A group of six ray-like animals are slowly crawling across the sand like slugs, leaving a trail of slime laced with some sort of green substance. If you follow the trail, you'll notice that the trail gets greener as you go along.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):
[Defense: 2] (Made no attempt to evade)
The robot singes your face. It hurts! You reflexively back away, but by then your nose is burned to a crisp. You can't feel the rain on your nose anymore.

The pro player then sticks a glob of gel on your face. It feels cool and refreshing, but you still don't feel anything on your nose.
Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):
((Could you bold actions other than dialogue?))
You download the blueprints onto the blackbox chip, and then to your suit. There is a cable on the suit that plugs into a jack on the computer and allows you to access the internal memory.

You receive a quick reply.
Pod gel? You mean it's flammable? I'll give it a try.
You guys found any mining tools? There's a torch in the kit.

[5] The ship has a spotlight on the cone, partially exposed and loose from its fixture. With some elbow grease, you pull it out and orient it toward the sky, the cables still dangling from the nose. You were lucky that the bolts broke loose on the impact--you don't have a drill to undo them with. From the cockpit, you find the control for the spotlight and activate it. A message immediately follows.
I see it. Walking there now.

It actually isn't that dark right now, you can see clearly in front of you. The sun isn't visible through the cloud cover though. The clouds themselves appear mostly dark with traces of violet, but the horizon is much more clearly violet. Rather than violet clouds, it's a sort of violet haze.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):
[4] Arthur is aptly singed, and reports severe pain on his face. Poor Arthur is without a functional nose.

The gel doesn't seem to cure the 3rd degree burn, but it does cool him down. You figure it would be nice in case the wet floodplain suddenly becomes a scorching desert without warning.
New trait! Levelled Applied Phelbotnium.

You follow Nole out into the rain, coming across a large hole in the ground with what look like teeth lining the sides. [1] Being Nyar Donovan, the first thing you do is kick some sand inside.

It comes as no surprise that the ground shifts beneath you as the sand hits the rim of the maw. You slip on the wet sand and now your leg is inside the pit.

Nole (Slayer1557):
[5 - new miniquest] You march out into the rain. Dragging a trail in the ground as you go, you circle around and gradually go further from the shuttle, until you come across a large maw in the ground, plainly obvious to sight, its walls rimmed with teeth. At the bottom is a narrow tunnel going to who-knows-where, probably some sort of stomach like in the movies. You wonder what kind of creature could deliberately walk into such a trap.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):
[5] The blowtorch neatly singes the outside of Fanboy's face! It chars his nose to a crisp, although he pulls away before you can cause damage to his other biological sensory apparati.

Nyar then proceeds to apply the oxygel.
New trait!

You then shift gears. Looking inside the shuttle, you don't find anything immediately useful. However, there's a blueprint on the ship's database--a spare data reader! Since cabinboys are not allowed to upgrade themselves per ship policy, this is an excellent opportunity for science before the command structure is re-introduced!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 03:26:33 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 5
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2015, 02:31:47 am »

((I'll remember to bold from now on, sorry. But I think you clipped my turn a bit! 'Sok, I found it.

I'm suddenly worried about aliens.))

Before going outside to see what kind of inane or downright dangerous shenanigans his crewmates are wrapped up in, Cueball messages Ricardo once more: We found some kind of analyzer and 'Voxels', but no mining kit. Bring yours and whatever small items you can manage - we have a Cabinboy.

((Wait, the black chip said there were eight pods. With five holding players, one empty and one a coffin, there's one missing.))
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 12:31:50 am by Paphi »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2015, 03:28:28 am »

((Sorry for the formatting glitch, its fixed now.))

The eight pod is not immediately visible in the surrounding area.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2015, 03:53:37 am »

Mark slowly approaches the alien creatures, trying to examine them more closely.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2015, 04:39:08 am »

Cabin-Boy approaches Cueball. "Hey! Sir? Could you please repair my data analyzer for me, I don't quite think I have the knowledge to."

Get Cueball to install the repair and if he can't, try to self-install it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 02:24:31 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2015, 02:07:22 pm »

Cabin-Boy approaches Cueball. "Hey! Sir? Could you please install this data anlyzer chip for me, I don't quite think I have the knowledge to."

Get Cueball to install the chip, and if he can't, try to self-install it.

((Are you referring to the blueprint?))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2015, 02:23:40 pm »

Cabin-Boy approaches Cueball. "Hey! Sir? Could you please install this data anlyzer chip for me, I don't quite think I have the knowledge to."

((Yeah, that. I wasn't quite aware of what format it was in exactly.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2015, 05:32:16 pm »

((Yeah, that. I wasn't quite aware of what format it was in exactly.))

It's a blueprint for a 3d printer. The ship doesn't have one (yet).

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2015, 11:05:07 pm »

"Ouch!  Why did you...oh!  I get it!  Now that I can't smell anything, all my other senses get stronger!  Is this how I unlock super sight and super hearing?  Quick, burn my tongue next!"

Stick out my tongue and allow the robot to torch it.  Then check if my remaining senses have improved.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2015, 12:25:31 am »

Search the shuttle for gadgets, weapons or anything else we may have missed, then go keep watch for Graves or anyone that needs assistance from terrible alien life.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 47