Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47

Author Topic: Blind Fate - Turn 42 (Updated 2/24)  (Read 48066 times)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 5
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2015, 03:37:58 pm »

Is this some kind of karma bullshit? Look, I only told cabin-boy to give Arthur a small burn and then I even gave him some of that gel. Get a firm grip on the ground, if I am being pulled resist being pulled under. If not then simply pull my leg out of the pit.

"Well, kind sir, no need to panic but I appear to be in a life or death struggle with alien life. Maybe help?" Gawd damn old people.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2015, 07:57:30 pm »

"Oh shit, yea, watch yourself!"  Nole reaches a hand out to Nyar and helps pull him out.  As much as he would like to take a closer look at the tunnel-worm (as he is dubbing it), getting Nyar to safety is more important.

Gawd damn teenagers

(And Nole is like 25 O.o, old?)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2015, 08:39:25 pm »

"Ouch!  Why did you...oh!  I get it!  Now that I can't smell anything, all my other senses get stronger!  Is this how I unlock super sight and super hearing?  Quick, burn my tongue next!"

Stick out my tongue and allow the robot to torch it.  Then check if my remaining senses have improved.

It's a blueprint for a 3d printer. The ship doesn't have one (yet).

((Waiting for Digital's reply to these.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2015, 10:49:46 pm »

"Ouch!  Why did you...oh!  I get it!  Now that I can't smell anything, all my other senses get stronger!  Is this how I unlock super sight and super hearing?  Quick, burn my tongue next!"

Stick out my tongue and allow the robot to torch it.  Then check if my remaining senses have improved.
He scorches Arthurs tongue so much it loses all sense of taste and feeling.
It's a blueprint for a 3d printer. The ship doesn't have one (yet).
Ask cueball about where to find a 3d printer.

((Waiting for Digital's reply to these.))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 6
« Reply #124 on: September 23, 2015, 11:03:53 pm »

A flash of lightning is heard, followed by thunder two seconds after.

1610 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):

The animals are eyeless and don't respond to your presence at all.
Their two "feet" remind you of a garden slug. But rather than slowly lengthening and contracting, these creatures move like deep-sea flatworms, sending gentle and slow-moving ripples along their bodies. It's hardly visible from above, and you only see the rippling pattern when you look at them from a low angle.

The creatures don't seem to have a tail or any sort of limbs to defend themselves with.

Your suit picks up some noise to your right and plays it back. It's a sort of rustling sound. Several arrows appear on the side of your hud, and a cursory glance reveals what looks like a flying school of blood-red fishes swimming through the air.
At the same time, green fishes seem to be rising up from the slime and flipping themselves into the air. They form a secondary school and hover close to the sandrays, each fish being about three times as large but their overall numbers being smaller. More green fish seem to be on the way from further up along the slime trails.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

[Defense: 4] The flames dig in as far as you expected, leaving your tongue numb and completely unable to sense the mass destruction of tissue and nerve endings. But hey, is only game.

[5] Somehow, it seems to have worked! The world is a lot clearer to you know, and your sense of sight is unparalleled. It must be a side-effect of the VR gear.
Anyhow, you notice a school of fish whirling about in the sky. They are heavily obscured by clouds, so you're the only one able to see it. Since you are also the only one looking at the sky during the lightning flash, you also notice a dark shadow overhead, like some kind of bridge or archway that you are directly under. There was also a small chip in the side, where it looked like pieces of rock were knocked off.

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):
There's nothing left inside the shuttle; not anything loose, at least. No sign of the eigth pod hidden anywhere--it must have fallen out with the others.
Ricardo sends a message.
Voxels are for the printers. The analyzer is part of the prospecting kit. You wouldn't have it unless you had all the others. Unless...
Say, did your shuttle crash? Mine didn't. Once we map out the landscape I can fly mine closer so we can set up a homebase.

I'll maintain a wireless connection with the shipbrain so I can text while walking. Does your ship have a brain too? There weren't enough to go around, so it's a real possibility you were left without one.

Outside however, there are signs of the shuttle's innards scattered about. In the near vicinity of the shuttle, [5-new miniquest] you find :
>A fire extinguisher still inside its glass box, with a small window hammer buried in the sand nearby
>An advanced atmospheric analyzer capable of testing for particulates and biochemicals as well as gaseous composition
>A micro chainsaw meant for cutting fibers and soft materials like wood, bone, and cloth
>Three small spades with extensible handles, labelled 00, 01, and 07 respectively
>A metal detector with an extensible handle

All of these are now organized in a neat pile inside the shuttle.
The Cabinboy walks up to you afterward and asks where he could find a 3d printer. It seems his knowledge is not up-to-date.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[6] You scramble about for a firm grip, finding a nice rigid bar sticking out of the ground to hold onto.
Oh wait, it's a tooth. Your glove gets punctured, but the autorepair gel seals the leak and ejects the foreign object. You didn't know it had this sort of feature.

(-) Nole tries to help you out. However, the teeth are angled inward. By pulling you out, he actually snared your foot in worse, piercing the suit a second time.

Nole (Slayer1557):

The tunnel-worm doesn't seem to have any tentacles or anything it can use to drag your companion in further. In fact, its preferred prey is likely a kind of organism that just stumbles in, unaware of its surroundings.
Like Nyar.

[1] The teeth are set at an angle such that pulling out causes the teeth to dig in deeper. You notice a grey substance around Nyar's leg. It could be anything, from blood turned grey by the lighting, or some sort of saliva. But regardless it seems your efforts have been fruitless, as Nyar won't budge.
There may be a better way. You notice there's a microphone icon at the bottom of your suit's HUD. Perhaps one of the buttons on your chin turns on the radio? Calling for help would be appropriate.

(Repeating the "Pull Nyar Out" action will incur a -1 to the die)

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

[3] You apply more flame. The torch sputters out a couple of times, so the fuel might be running out.

(Awaiting response from Cueball)

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 23, 2015, 11:29:12 pm »

((Maybe I misunderstood how stuck he was.  It sounded like his leg was just dangling in rather than caught.  Oh well, [1]'s be [1]'s :P ))

Oh so tempting to drop a charge into the worm.  If only that wasn't extremely stupid. *Sigh*

"Oooh!  Sorry!  I'm gonna call and see if we can cut you out, maybe?"

Quote from: Over the Radio
"Hey guys, this is Nole.  Uhhh, the other guy is a little stuck in a tunnel-worm-thing.  Can someone come over with something to cut maybe?  Even just an extra pair of hands would help.  Over."
Stay close to Nyars, in case he wants a hand to grab onto, rather than a tooth.  But don't try to pull him out.

"Can you get your leg free?"

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2015, 12:23:42 am »

To Ricardo: I don't think we have a shipbrain, doubt we'd have crashed if we did. Black chip said we hit something before we landed 34m below 'sea level'. Be careful on your way, there's life. 'Tunnel-worm-things' and what look like manta rays. Check for a brain.

Turning to Cabinboy, "This ship doesn't have a printer. A file said there were a number of them dropped in crates. There's a survivor heading this way by the name of Ricardo Graves and he has a working shuttle with a brain. Maybe you can talk to it or something," he said. "And I don't know what the hell those dinguses are thinking, but if I catch you harming a human again, I'm decommissioning you myself. That's all."

Quote from: Radio
"Cut? Yeah, I think we have something for that."

Grab the saw and the medium-length spade and head over to Nole and the dingus.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 02:03:39 am by Paphi »

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2015, 01:35:23 am »

"Oh shit, yea, watch yourself!"  Nole reaches a hand out to Nyar and helps pull him out.  As much as he would like to take a closer look at the tunnel-worm (as he is dubbing it), getting Nyar to safety is more important.

Gawd damn teenagers

(And Nole is like 25 O.o, old?)

((As far as Nyar is concerned, the punk rocking revolutionary, Nole talks like an old guy.))

"So, you know any good jokes?" We might be here a while...

Carefully try to free myself.

Damn, I was hoping to get a taste of alien life here before it gets a taste of me. "Can you ask them to bring a steak knife?"
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:12 am »

To Ricardo: I don't think we have a shipbrain, doubt we'd have crashed if we did. Black chip said we hit something before we landed 34m below 'sea level'. Be careful on your way, there's life. 'Tunnel-worm-things' and what look like manta rays. Check for a brain.

Turning to Cabinboy, "This ship doesn't have a printer. A file said there were a number of them dropped in crates. There's a survivor heading this way by the name of Ricardo Graves and he has a working shuttle with a brain. Maybe you can talk to it or something," he said. "And I don't know what the hell those dinguses are thinking, but if I catch you harming a human again, I'm decommissioning you myself. That's all."

Quote from: Radio
"Cut? Yeah, I think we have something for that."

Grab the saw and the medium-length spade and head over to Nole and the dingus.
"Okeydoke sir! I'm just conditioned to conform to the passengers needs, but I'll take it you're an engineer, so I'll give you highest priority."

Go and torch the creature holding Nyar. But without harming Nyar.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2015, 04:37:14 am »

You've never heard of a "ship brain before." The computer definitely doesn't seem intelligent, though. It communicates through familiar, pre-fabricated messages. If it has a brain, it's still less complex than Cabinboy. And for what he is, Cabinboy is definitely sapient.

Oh so tempting to drop a charge into the worm.  If only that wasn't extremely stupid. *Sigh*

Perhaps not, but designing a timer fuse for the charges would be a good start toward weaponizing them. You'll have to find some electronics, though. Say, there were quite a few spare Magnus suits back on the ship...

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2015, 11:45:18 pm »

((Waiting on Pencil_Art and Meggas))

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2015, 12:56:17 am »

"It's working!  Now I just need to knock out another sense to perfect myself even further!  Hmm, but I can't afford to lose my sense of sight, hearing, or touch.  What other sense could I dispose-Oh!  Of course!"

Find the robot and say to him:
"Wow, my face hurts.   I don't mind losing my tongue, but I'm gonna miss being able to smell things.  Yep, letting you use that flamethrower on my nose was a scents-less decision."

Continue using bad puns in an attempt to destroy my sense of humor.  Check if my other senses improve as a result.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2015, 06:38:41 am »

Mark attempts to see how the fish are coming up from under the slime.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 7
« Reply #133 on: September 26, 2015, 04:09:54 am »

1610 GREENHEART TIME, MAY 21st, 301 P.L
ERROR: FAILED TO CONNECT TO INTERNET TIME SERVER.

Mark Johns'son (Pencil_Art):

The fish tend to come from beneath the slime, as if they were formerly buried inside. Green paste remains inside the notches where the fish left the slime.

The red fish begin to swarm over one of the sand mantas. The green fish begin to fly through the red fish swarm, throwing out shreds of red and green tissue alike--they seem to be fighting. Bodies pile up left and right.

Arthur Staunch (Megggas):

Gee, it seems we in-trap-id explorers have gotten ourselves into trouble yet again. ((I got nothing))
[6] The HUD shows no feedback, but you can definitely feel it working!
New trait: Gamer's Focus

Spoiler: Status,Traits,Invntory (click to show/hide)

Cueball (Paphi):

You grab the spade and handsaw, then move out. The rain makes it difficult to see, but the direction of your companions' suits is shown on the HUD based on the last radio transmission.
You approach a Nyar dangling half into a mini-sarlaac a few meters both wide and deep. Keeping him from falling in is Nole. Good to know that there's some teamwork going on.

There's a tooth keeping Nyar in place. You saw it off, which is easy given that it's stationary and isn't actively trying to kill you. Yet.
[3] Okay, perhaps the "isn't actively trying to kill you" part wasn't the best way to describe it. As the tooth comes off, the massive creature shakes the ground, almost causing Nyar to fall in further. He grabs onto you though, and the three of you manage to escape the situation without much harm.

Nyar Donovon (WunderKatze):

[4] Cueball comes over and saws the teeth out from under you, with a fancy tool he found. The creature shakes the surrounding terrain once more, almost knocking you further in, but you hold onto the other two and manage to pull yourself out.
You notice a dark cloud above you that's making noise. Perhaps a swarm of ravenous alien locusts, attracted by the smell of raw flesh.

Nole (Slayer1557):

[2] You don't contribute much yourself, but as you are a suitable handhold for Nyar he is able to pull himself out.
The next logical course of action is to stay at least twenty feet away from the thing at all costs. The wind starts to blow, and you can hear flapping and rustling from the sky, amplified through your suit's audio suite. Looking up, you see a dim, swirling and moving shadow, perhaps a large cloud or maybe a flock of alien birds.

CAB-iN-Boy 1000 (DigitalDemon):

[6] You arrive late to the scene but are eager to do your part! (Defense: 6) The creature doesn't seem to care that you're burning it, and before you can focus the flame you get pulled away by the others.
Tunnelworm now has fire-resistance.

Paphi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Fate - Sci Fi Colonization/Survival/Exploration - Turn 7
« Reply #134 on: September 26, 2015, 10:00:05 pm »

"I don't like the look of that," Cueball says, following his comrades' gazes. Can the suit zoom in on the cloud thing?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 47