Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16

Author Topic: War of the Planets : Human thread : Research Q3 2025  (Read 13847 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Revision Q1 2025
« Reply #150 on: September 02, 2015, 02:09:43 am »

Whoops
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:14:09 am by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Design Q2 2025
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2015, 04:41:24 pm »

Poke

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 03, 2015, 06:35:06 pm »

Didn't even notice the update. We definitely need to help the Americas, and see if we can get the USA to join. Or at least kick the aliens out of Mexico. It's also clear now that we're not going to be able to destroy enough of their dropships to avoid a war on the ground. I suggest this for design:

Type 95 Armored Fighting Vehicle

A light tracked vehicle based on the chassis of the Type 90, equipped with a ceramic armor designed to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat. A thin layer of conventional armor is included under the ceramic to protect from conventional small arms and shrapnel. Further protection is afforded by smoke cannisters seeded with micropulverized iron particles. The vehicle is equipped with a 25mm autocannon on an electrical traverse, and has a driver, gunner, and commander.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 03, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »

This vehicle looks incredibly low tech and lacks modern weapons. 25mm autocannon will do nothing against any possible enemy vehicle.

My variant.

Type 025 fighting vehicle

A light low profile tracked vehicle, equipped with a ceramic armor designed to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat. A thin layer of conventional armor is included under the ceramic to protect from conventional small arms and shrapnel. Further protection is afforded by smoke cannisters seeded with micropulverized iron particles. The vehicle should be armed with a remote controlled advanced targeting computer assisted combat module that uses four 12.7mm heavy machineguns designed to use new ammunition and six guided fire and forget anti-tank missiles[/b]

We got new bullets we need weapon to use it. Anti-tank missiles are here for additional punch should it encounter armored targets
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:03:43 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2015, 07:56:23 pm »

This vehicle looks incredibly low tech and lacks modern weapons. 25mm autocannon will do nothing against any possible enemy vehicle.

My variant.

Type 025 fighting vehicle

A light low profile tracked vehicle, equipped with a ceramic armor designed to absorb and dissipate large amounts of heat. A thin layer of conventional armor is included under the ceramic to protect from conventional small arms and shrapnel. Further protection is afforded by smoke cannisters seeded with micropulverized iron particles. The vehicle should be armed with a remote controlled advanced targeting computer assisted combat module that uses four 12.7mm heavy machineguns designed to use new ammunition and six anti-tank missiles[/b]

We got new bullets we need weapon to use it. Anti-tank missiles are here for additional punch should it encounter armored targets

Alright, I like this better.

We should license production of it, or whatever we end up designing, to the American militaries (north and south, though the USA might not want it) to get more of them out there, if there's support for that kind of thing.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
  • Cutting down the enemies of the emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2015, 09:23:47 pm »

With the type 025 when you say anti tank missiles do you mean a ATGM or a straight fire missile system (don't really know how to describe it right or the proper name for it really) The point is does the missile system fire like a javelin or like a smaw because if it fires like a smaw i think that'll be a waste since more then likely do to the advanced propulsion available to the aliens there craft will be highly maneuverable so i doubt we would get many hits.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2015, 05:54:20 am »

Fire-and-forget implies guided to me.
+1 to the Type 025
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 04, 2015, 09:29:28 am »

I edited fire and forget in for clarification after the question was asked.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2015, 12:27:22 pm »

In that case
+1 for the Type 025

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2015, 09:17:31 am »

Type 025 Fighting Vehicle

A light, low profile tracked vehicle, armored with a strong and durable ceramic armor, which is primarly intended to resists laser weaponry, though it can also reasonably stand up to other forces. It is armed with 4 12.7 mm Heavy machine guns, though adaptions made to improve the systems durability when using high power ammunition have resulted in a markedly lower ammunition and fire rate. Weapon control is handled by a relatively advanced targeting computer. Batch size : 4

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2015, 09:40:20 am »

Oh... we got no missiles for the design. It should be relatively useful against their infantry and slightly useful against drones, but should they field anything heavier - we are screwed.

We can try to add missiles or something. But the cost is high already and we need more of them. Lets hope our jets are good enough to handle whatever land vehicle they will design.

Revise Type-25 to be easier to produce without reducing its effectiveness. Target cost is batch size 6
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:51:36 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2015, 10:25:38 am »

Spoiler: strategy ideas (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:28:21 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

TheLordofHouseRiley

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: War of the Planets : Human thread : Revision Q2 2025
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2015, 10:12:00 pm »

Im gonna vote for revising the highpowered ammunition to be more efficient and less damaging to the weapons that fire them. As well as just an increased dependability.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 05, 2015, 11:22:17 pm »

I agree with the above plan, WE NEED GOOD INFANTRY PEOPLE!!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2015, 12:11:33 am »

We do need good infantry but ammunition alone will not give it to us. I highly doubt that we can make bullets much better. I find this kind of revision absolutely useless because you chemical weapons reached its cap.

If you want to get better bullets... Well we can try to go ambitious and

Develop rocket-assisted 12.7mm bullets. but I still don't think that it is very useful and still vote to make type 025 cheaper We will use it for some time and base future vehicles on it. It Being cheaper will give us great long term benefit while bullets will become obsolete when our infantry will switch from using ballistic personal weapons.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16