Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164235 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2295 on: October 11, 2016, 07:40:57 am »

Sorry, I refuse to do Google. When I tried to make an account it asked me for a phone number; I told them to go fuck themselves.

Nig the fuck you talking about? I have google, it asks for my Phone number all the time and I never gave it once.

You don't need to give 'em shit.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 11, 2016, 07:50:35 am »

All right, I'll try to overcome my revulsion towards it and, even if utterly disgusted, I'll give it a try...

Ugh... I feel sullied...
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 11, 2016, 07:52:18 am »

Unlike the wiki. It doesn't blare 15 different ads.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 11, 2016, 07:58:48 am »

To me it doesn't: I use adblock to which I added filters against Taboola.com and Fandom.wikia.com. It does put some text on a side box, but it doesn't waste my eyes and bandwidth with huge annoying pics of stuff I don't care about.

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 11, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »

Quote from: Kevak
Not sure why you'd wanna be a giant mech but it's technically possible?

Xcom mechs are effectively Exo-suits that the users have their limbs cut off and replaced with connectors to operate said suits more effeciently. The main benefit to xcom style mechs is that they allowed for heavier weapons such as miniguns and railguns to be carried around the battlefield as well as allowing said heavy weapons to be hip fired with some accuracy. In Akras's case, it would probably allow easier use of Heavy Weapons and possible use of vehicle Mounted Weapons. There were also several mods that could be added to the mechs, like mortar style back mounted grenade launchers, a giant spiked fist for punching, healing mists, somewhat controlled magnetic fields to lessen the effect and accuracy of incoming fire, and probably a few other things.

Also, they're roughly 8 feet tall (2.7 meters?). Maybe a bit taller, maybe a bit shorter, but they're basically person sized.

Does dynamancy include kinetic energy? In relation to Light and the Electromagnetic Spectrum, what are the other categories of dynamancy?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 11, 2016, 12:53:23 pm »

Jon as a human sized cyborg is capable of carrying a normally vehicle mounted Vulcan and using it effectively.

Dynamancy does include a kinetic category.

Light as a school deals in Conceptual Light. Not just energy light. Dynamancy>Electromagnetic deals in Conceptual Energy with a focus of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. Among other things.

Dynamancy includes:

-Kinetic
-Thermal
-Electromagnetic
-Gravitational
-Nuclear
-Potential

There are Technically other disciplines of Dynamancy but at that point you're getting into Weird Relativistic Spacetime Shit that the average Magi wouldn't have the power to use. Much less learn in the first place.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 11, 2016, 01:07:29 pm »

So Dynamancy>VisSpec is a rather specific category I'm guessing? Which would explain why some effects have been stated as possible/reasonable with Ratodx only having 9 Will.

I had asked because you'd stated before that using Dynamancy for teleportation would require investment in the rest of the school as well as M/E conversion magic, and I just checked out the Electromagnetic Spectrum and found that VisSpec Light is a veeeeery small part of it.

Jon as a human sized cyborg is capable of carrying a normally vehicle mounted Vulcan and using it effectively.

Neat! I'd remember the medic being able to do such things, which is why I commented on 31st century cyborgness probably being more effective than Xcom mechs.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 11, 2016, 01:22:40 pm »

Moving this conversation to here
I believe Khaiden have observed monkeys being used, comparing to the magic power gained from a single monkey and then from a single roach, using some computing mathematics and the results is quite simple.

You need roughly 3 times the mass of a monkey in roaches to get the same amount of magical energy that you get from said monkey.

A single monkey weighs roughly around 10kg, so in order to substitute a single monkey sacrifice, you'll need to crush 30kg worth of roaches.

2 monkeys will require 60kg worth of roaches and so on.

That means that ritual that exorcised Ratodx that cost 8 monkeys would require 240kg of roaches to be crushed.

Now I don't know about you, but I think 240kg worth of crushed cockroaches are at least as bad if not worse than 8 dead monkeys.
So, even if I only needed 1/10 of a monkey to heal a gunshot to the liver, I'd still have to carry around - for that one cure - 3 Kg of roaches?

Well, it's a shame that my character doesn't know that, and won't find out without doing the experiments. I'll try something else after he finally gets the proper quantifying method and declares the roaches a failure.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 11, 2016, 01:25:19 pm »

Maybe see if you can shrink monkeys to roach size, and then use that. Jarred monkeys.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 11, 2016, 01:25:25 pm »

Moving this conversation to here
I believe Khaiden have observed monkeys being used, comparing to the magic power gained from a single monkey and then from a single roach, using some computing mathematics and the results is quite simple.

You need roughly 3 times the mass of a monkey in roaches to get the same amount of magical energy that you get from said monkey.

A single monkey weighs roughly around 10kg, so in order to substitute a single monkey sacrifice, you'll need to crush 30kg worth of roaches.

2 monkeys will require 60kg worth of roaches and so on.

That means that ritual that exorcised Ratodx that cost 8 monkeys would require 240kg of roaches to be crushed.

Now I don't know about you, but I think 240kg worth of crushed cockroaches are at least as bad if not worse than 8 dead monkeys.
So, even if I only needed 1/10 of a monkey to heal a gunshot to the liver, I'd still have to carry around - for that one cure - 3 Kg of roaches?

Well, it's a shame that my character doesn't know that, and won't find out without doing the experiments. I'll try something else after he finally gets the proper quantifying method and declares the roaches a failure.

Ayup. You need an active mind capable of feeling some level of emotions, vitality is only so much magic power, add emotions from sapience into it and it empowers that by leagues.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 11, 2016, 01:40:55 pm »

You've seen my character's objective - make magic powering as aseptic as possible, enough to use in a hospital in front of the public eye. It seems it's going to be hard, but at least he'll get the fundamentals well delineated.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 11, 2016, 01:44:27 pm »

You've seen my character's objective - make magic powering as aseptic as possible, enough to use in a hospital in front of the public eye. It seems it's going to be hard, but at least he'll get the fundamentals well delineated.

That's really, Really, Really simple.

Wait for the Magic crystal storage thing to be finished.

Let the people down bottom do the dirty work, sacrificing hundreds of monkeys to thousands of them per day to power it in a sort of 'soul pool', have it relay up to a central node in the hospital.

Draw from said node to your own personal crystal, cast magic from the power stored there.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 11, 2016, 01:51:14 pm »

I know something about that, but did my character hear of it? How public is that knowledge?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 11, 2016, 02:08:20 pm »

Any Magi has access to the "Planned Arcane Projects" archive. Tal's got a fairly indepth plan for the pylon system logged.

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 11, 2016, 02:10:23 pm »

And it's just now I have realized I'm playing the Team Normal.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheTeamNormal
"And, Mr. Loi, what do you do? Fire base magic, perhaps?"
"I shoot the guns."
How did I get in a group of all scary magic-ers ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 204