Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164535 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #540 on: December 17, 2015, 01:07:14 pm »

I am the medic! Fear me! Love me! For I decide who lives and who dies!

EDIT: I should incorporate a god complex into Jon's personality (I probably won't. Playing characters like that is out of my reach at the moment, I think.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 01:11:05 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 17, 2015, 01:37:32 pm »

We don't Have assaults. We have rangers, snipers, the person with drones, heavy weapons people, a scout, and the big guy with a shotgun who shoots things that get too close.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 17, 2015, 01:38:49 pm »

Except it wouldnt be addictive. Because frazz would only use it on others in holy-shit-zombie-armys-gonna-kill-us-now situations. Aldrenaline is also addictive, but the US army uses it to stabilize troops. Heck, theyve got drugs to keep soldiers up at night
You try to inject Jon with drugs and he'll malpractice on you. Or he'll take your drugs away and make you overdose. Don't fuck with the medic.

He'll inject himself if he thinks he needs them.

This reminds me of a particular comic strip..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, if everyone is happy with the cleaning up, we can move on to returning to base, tallying up our scores and getting Tal to write up a report to get the money? :D

Exposure to Artifact may or may not get you more points/magic.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 17, 2015, 02:54:21 pm »

Except it wouldnt be addictive. Because frazz would only use it on others in holy-shit-zombie-armys-gonna-kill-us-now situations. Aldrenaline is also addictive, but the US army uses it to stabilize troops. Heck, theyve got drugs to keep soldiers up at night
You try to inject Jon with drugs and he'll malpractice on you. Or he'll take your drugs away and make you overdose. Don't fuck with the medic.

He'll inject himself if he thinks he needs them.

This reminds me of a particular comic strip..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, if everyone is happy with the cleaning up, we can move on to returning to base, tallying up our scores and getting Tal to write up a report to get the money? :D

Exposure to Artifact may or may not get you more points/magic.
Lol my friend who's a nurse showed me a simlar strip before. But yes I think we're all good, I would say nothing left to grab afterall.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 17, 2015, 03:32:23 pm »

Kevak, by assault i meant the guys who get close to the enemy/are within firing range. So yes, heavy weapons and shotguns.

Mostly this drug would be used only in situations where raw firepower is needed. Like, only when the barricades been broken down. Then i run over, syringe the shotgun guy, and suddenly his pupils dilate and hes seeing the world at 1/2 normal speed. Additiionally, such a drug would have uses in the cases whenever anyone has to manually reload something. Instant dexterity boost helps with things like that. Parnell in Evolve actually had a shotgun, and the only reason he had faster firerate was because he (in drug form) was able to cock, line up the shot, and pull the trigger extremely fast.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:37:24 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 17, 2015, 03:35:56 pm »

I have a feeling none of them are gonna want highly addictive and harmful drugs.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #546 on: December 17, 2015, 03:39:56 pm »

How would a drug junkie get past the psych test for this Private Military Organisation?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 17, 2015, 03:42:49 pm »

Who said it was gonna be addictive? This is a made up universe, and its perfectly feasible thta someone could have made an improved aldrenaline. Furthermore, who said it was dangerous? I mean, this is VikNm/zomarads world. Unless either of them explicitly state that whatever im cooking is dangerous, then none of you can whine. If anything, you should be thanking ng me for this genius idea. If they say no, then, well, ill go back to welding spikes on things and using normal aldrenaline
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 17, 2015, 04:32:16 pm »

Ready to return.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 17, 2015, 04:56:41 pm »

How would a drug junkie get past the psych test for this Private Military Organisation?

I have a good explaination/idea :D

He is a child of one of the higher ups who wanted the thrills of this 'other world' and to shoot stuff and test his drugs on people.
This being a corporate, they attach him to a squad with the highest success rate and no casualty rate at all, Foxhound. And won't hear a word about it otherwise.

In a Military Organization, perhaps complaints could be made and maybe Internal Affairs might do something about that, but this is a Capitalistic Company and you are their assets for their enjoyment and wealth. Sooo.. yeah.

What do you guys think about how a guy like him might have been able to come through the psych test?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 17, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

A capitalistic company tends to like a positive income and their kids not dying. If the guy's an idiot who wants to faff with chems, he should be going to the chem lab and not field testing against the hulk on steroids and dragons.

If anything, the higher up would be saying "Hell No" to the request. Risk ain't worth losing a kid to demons, and Tal isn't gonna let a mentally unhinged joyseeking nut with functionally no practical training join. He already has two unhinged people to deal with who have training. Why would he want someone who's completely and utterly worthless outside of highly dangerous chems that nobody's gonna use on the squad?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 17, 2015, 05:32:41 pm »

Back to the drawing board, then :P

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 17, 2015, 07:04:14 pm »

Why would he want someone who's completely and utterly worthless outside of highly dangerous chems
First off, Ive already established that I'm good at Mechanical stuff as well. Im Furthurmore (Once Again) We still have no proof these chems are dangerous except for modern day logic (Which also says Dragons don't exist) Kevak, don't complain about what I'm doing until you know its going to be detrimental. Also, i don't think this is the sort of system where you pick exactly who gets dumped where. I think its more like you radio HQ, and they send a couple of Redshirts over for you to kill. Eventually you find a survivor. Enter Moi.

Also: No Practical Training??!?! WHy the heck do you have such a grudge with this guy? Ive already stated I'm good at weapons.

AlsoAlso: If someones being destructive and dangerous, at least make him do the damage to the enemy eh?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 09:51:30 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 17, 2015, 07:36:33 pm »

That was more in response to Vkinm's suggested backstory, not your character.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: December 17, 2015, 08:32:55 pm »

Well, we could figure out back stories later when everyone's back at base. :D Tal's going to be expected to write them reports again since he's became the squad's apparent leader.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 204