Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164533 times)

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #525 on: December 16, 2015, 05:55:04 pm »

I always saw my character as my avatar for some reason.
I know the reason. Also off-topic here but are you going to get back into the Hivemind Wasps? I sent you a PM but I got no response.

To be honest, probably not. We're in the next version now and I haven't played dwarf fortress in a year. It would take me a while to get myself reacquainted with that game and then I'd have to get myself reacquainted with the RAWS I had written so long ago. Then there would be the problem that very little of it would actually be salvageable and it would be more efficient to just start over again. There's also the occasional sprite that I struggle with (such as the queen and it saps my motivation).

In my opinion, I think the root cause of this problem is the fact that I don't play dwarf fortress anymore. If I come back to the game I might be willing to do all that work mentioned above, but until then, you'd probably have to work on it without me.

Don't feel like it was all a waste of time though, the time I spent modding dwarf fortress with you guys was one of the most incredible experiences I ever had on the internet. Who would ever think that 3 strangers on the internet would get together to be able work on something like that. As a shy person IRL, this meant a lot to me...

Sorry for the silence. I'm not good at bringing bad news. Don't take it too badly.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 16, 2015, 07:04:11 pm »

I'd love to see more pictures about anything regarding the game. :D
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 16, 2015, 07:50:23 pm »

Ill get the one of mine in tomorrow. Probably doodle it while I'm imprisoned waiting for the exam session to get out
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 16, 2015, 08:10:19 pm »

Throwing knives: [cost *1 for 3] [wgt= 1 pound]
   Stab: [DMG =thr] [RNG = CQC] [recoil = parry]
   Throw: [DMG= thr+1] [RoF= 2] [rng = str(8)yards up to 150 yards] [recoil = skill-1]
Here. A few logical edits. I can also say that you can get a 3 pound version, which does thr+2 damage, but the range would be strength times ten yards, instead, up to 150 yards.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:45:26 pm by zomara0292 »
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 16, 2015, 10:56:08 pm »

How I imagine insane character, once he gets skilled enough.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4OmV0e1IL00
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 16, 2015, 11:31:55 pm »

Put enough points in Agility, Perception, perhaps some Dexterity and strength too and skillpoints in lots of knife / throwing / otherwise and you'll achieve that and more.

Put enough in guns and then you get Gunfu instead.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 17, 2015, 09:30:44 am »

Hey, i was wondering, what kind of Enhancement Drugs would we have available? Obviously Adrenaline for your basic quick-revive, but what about others?
Ever play Evolve? There a character in it, Parnell, and his special ability is he injects himself with a drug that damages him, but increases his speed, fire rate and reload time dramatically. This is what i was thinking. Like, some sort of drug that temporarily gave you extreme reflexes.
Im pretty sure the Recipe is Gorilla Hormones, Lion Adrenaline, Jarate and mint Flavoring

And in case your wondering, yes i am making Frazz a BoneDoctor/RustJunkie
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:40 am »

The only thing the listed chems would do is give you severe blood poisoning. Large scale rejection and general bad times.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 17, 2015, 09:33:51 am »

I was joking about the ingredients. Obviously the real thing is much more refined then that.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 17, 2015, 10:21:53 am »

Drugs cannot increase your fire rate. Unless you have a semi-auto (in which case you're probably going to jam your gun by firing faster than you should) or bolt-action (in which case it might work).
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 17, 2015, 10:39:07 am »

Well yeah, but i was just talking about heightend reflexes and hand-eye-coordination.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 17, 2015, 12:16:50 pm »

There could be an Equalvant to Fallout's Jet and such. It would be dangerously addicitive and the withdraw would be horrible, of course.

Remember kids, Winners don't use drugs!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 17, 2015, 12:47:07 pm »

Except it wouldnt be addictive. Because frazz would only use it on others in holy-shit-zombie-armys-gonna-kill-us-now situations. Aldrenaline is also addictive, but the US army uses it to stabilize troops. Heck, theyve got drugs to keep soldiers up at night
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 17, 2015, 12:53:19 pm »

Except it wouldnt be addictive. Because frazz would only use it on others in holy-shit-zombie-armys-gonna-kill-us-now situations. Aldrenaline is also addictive, but the US army uses it to stabilize troops. Heck, theyve got drugs to keep soldiers up at night
You try to inject Jon with drugs and he'll malpractice on you. Or he'll take your drugs away and make you overdose. Don't fuck with the medic.

He'll inject himself if he thinks he needs them.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 17, 2015, 01:01:24 pm »

Fine. Also,im not a medic. Medics heal people. I..... Improve people. Also, id only inject it into our assaults
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 204