Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164111 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2640 on: October 18, 2016, 10:05:52 am »

After the orc let the knight go, it got quite a ways away before Reserti caught up. So no, you wouldn't have heard the shouting.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: October 18, 2016, 10:13:30 am »

I dunno, goblin ears tend to be pretty big  :P

But yeah, I see your point. I'll edit it a smidge, but it'll still read that Ratodx saw the Knight need to dodge/block so it wouldn't hit his crotch region.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2642 on: October 18, 2016, 10:18:01 am »

Put it this way. The knight was riding full gallop for at least thirty seconds before Reserti caught up. Even if the terrain was perfectly flat to allow you to see it, details would be hard to see without a scope. Him dedging/blocking his privates would look just like any other dodge, and Ratodx did have other things to be paying attention to.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: October 18, 2016, 10:25:25 am »

Then he saw Reserti use the Fragmentation arrow on the Knight, which is definitely not a non-lethal move. I've been called away to do things and don't have the will to continue on about this. I might edit things later.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: October 18, 2016, 10:27:47 am »

I actually would recommend making sure word does not get out about what happened.

Either by killing the survivors or having Akras take them back for processing.

The Gaians cannot be allowed to learn about this.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: October 18, 2016, 11:57:24 am »

So does Ratodx meant the armored man as the Knight? Because the Knight can't step out from the gate since he's still outside, getting shot at by Reserti.

Or does he mean another armored man?

If he meant the knight then you can just tell me here what Ratodx would've ordered instead.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: October 18, 2016, 12:14:20 pm »

Depends on how things work out. Considering all that's gone on, I wouldn't be surprised if Maegil was rather frustrated.
I'm rather fine with Amadou getting shot, and finally vk got to kill someone. I do want the knight hanged for perfidy, accused before the whole village (who didn't actually hear the actual demands) of having caused a massacre by shooting the messenger under a flag of truce, but that's something for later.

Amadou, now... he's too scrupulous for the job. After what happened I'm pretty certain that he's going to either pass the leadership or resign the team altogether and go back to the infirmary where he belongs.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 12:25:25 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: October 18, 2016, 12:26:24 pm »

The Team will still need a medic, though. :)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: October 18, 2016, 12:35:57 pm »

Due to needing to get rest before work, my job I won't be able to play past 10:00 P.M. on Mondays and Tuesday for the foreseeable future.

That will include Wednesdays and Thursdays from November 14th onward.

I live in D.C. for Time Zone purposes.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: October 18, 2016, 12:53:20 pm »

So does Ratodx meant the armored man as the Knight? Because the Knight can't step out from the gate since he's still outside, getting shot at by Reserti.

Or does he mean another armored man?

If he meant the knight then you can just tell me here what Ratodx would've ordered instead.

I do mean the knight. The basic idea is that Reserti is going to back off, the Knight is going is disarm himself and remove his armor, and then he's going to come back so we can have a chat. I figured that "armored man" would be specific enough to avoid confusion because who else is wearing platemail and is also an authority figure? Of course, if this leads to more people disarmoring themselves and coming out because they thought it applied to them, that'd be interesting.

But yes, I did mean the Knight specifically. I forget, did we get his name?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: October 18, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »

Eddard of House Steiner.

And Work is busy tonight so my posts may not be as much as normal.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: October 18, 2016, 01:06:33 pm »

Got it. Changing 'armored man' to Eddard of House Steiner and editing the instructions slightly to accommodate his location will work. I plan on having him sit waiting with several guns lined on him from a good 15 feet away while we try to bring Amadou back. Once that's taken care of with whatever result, Regon will be requested to heal our new "guest". At which point Ratodx will explain in better detail about what is going to happen to Eddard and his town and how the Knight can help in making things less unpleasant for his people. Plus the demonstration of bringing Amadou back to not-dead will hopefully lean credence to when Ratodx talks about bringing the dead villagers back to life if Eddard cooperates.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: October 18, 2016, 01:13:12 pm »

(put something in the wrong group)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:14:53 pm by Kavrick »
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: October 18, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

I can barely wait to tell him that we didn't just kill gods, we also made Death our bitch... and then play prosecution witness in the trial for my own murder.

BTW, how much is it to resurrect him after his execution? I've half a mind to do start using him as a messenger - first to his gods that they can't run forever, then to his king that we can do whatever we please.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: October 18, 2016, 02:04:44 pm »

Akras can do Resurrection easily with the help of some Mages. I'd say maybe probably 5* or so, 10* at most but it really shouldn't be that expensive unless they were feeling mean.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 204