Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the system for the game receive an overhal?

Yes.
- 4 (66.7%)
No.
- 1 (16.7%)
Yes, but. . . (comment how, below)
- 1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: August 31, 2016, 04:23:26 pm

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 204

Author Topic: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC  (Read 164102 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: Fear for your Weakness OOC
« Reply #2625 on: October 18, 2016, 08:51:22 am »

Nah, its cool. Just remember Reserti's reason for fighting and distrust. So far, the only person he trusts and has not died is his lover.

Although I don't know where Ratodx got his sudden authority from.

I may stay up further. I may get some sleep. Who knows?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: October 18, 2016, 09:08:50 am »

Ratodx got his authority from being the first one to start barking orders over comms that prevented our people from dying and to start to get the situation under control. The reason why Reserti is able to make pot shots at the Knight without needing to rescue squadies? Ratodx's orders.

Personally, I'm fine with someone bucking at the idea of Ratodx is assuming command. It's good RP.

You should probably sleep. It's healthy.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2627 on: October 18, 2016, 09:11:42 am »

I probably should. I have two mindsets. Sleep is for the weak, and sleeping for a week. Occasionally a big red button labelled 'EXAMINATIONS' or 'STUDY' get thrown around.
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: October 18, 2016, 09:14:46 am »

I'd put my money on Ratodx being the defacto CO for newsquad. He's demonstrated tactical acuity and knows how to properly state an ultimatum.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: October 18, 2016, 09:16:53 am »

Sorry for the not an answer, needed to address Danh first.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2630 on: October 18, 2016, 09:17:06 am »

Well, once we get Amadou resleeved into a clone...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: October 18, 2016, 09:18:47 am »

Depends on how things work out. Considering all that's gone on, I wouldn't be surprised if Maegil was rather frustrated.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: October 18, 2016, 09:19:04 am »

Khaiden's actually been OK at planning battle strategy using the different squad members' unique abilities, but he doesn't want to be squad leader. Is there a position for that?
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: October 18, 2016, 09:23:19 am »

That would be lieutenant.

Even after cloning. I can't seek Akras sticking Amadou in command when a gobbo demonstrated far greater tactical acuity. Akras runs on profit and merit.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: October 18, 2016, 09:26:57 am »

Tactician is another word for it.

Assuming Ratodx stays in leadership, once we return to base, we're going to get a chain of command established and a pre-mission planning session worked out. I'd actually planned on asking Neri to make a channel titled "Planning" for people to propose plans and get honest criticism about them. If I come up with a shit plan, I want to be called out on it.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: October 18, 2016, 09:30:40 am »

I'll go ahead and make that channel on the discord now.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2636 on: October 18, 2016, 09:33:03 am »

Reserti's going to buck at having a greenskin in charge, but a juicy 2IC position would make him buck considerably less. Everyone knows that number two always tries harder (Patrick Jane, The Mentalist)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: October 18, 2016, 09:35:32 am »

Khaiden isn't comfortable with leadership, but he does know how to handle battle strategy and propaganda, even with unknown technology.

As long as he knows what it can do he can probably find a place for it.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: October 18, 2016, 09:41:03 am »

Right now I just need to get people to stop shooting other people. Gunboat diplomacy only works when they actually believe that you're willing to not use your gunboat if they do what you say.

Right now I have two lieutenants in mind and plan to allow commentary on planning before we hit the ground so that everyone understands what their role is once shit hits the fan. Reserti is not one of those lieutenants, but if he's able to obey field commands I can see him rising to such a rank. Though at that point we might have a signficantly different squad ranking.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2639 on: October 18, 2016, 10:03:43 am »

Taking this to the OOC. Presumably if Reserti was yelling it to the Knight, he was yelling aloud enough for the rest of everyone to hear it. Plus Ratodx could have observed where Reserti was shooting.

At this point Ratodx really is do and is just waiting for VK to update the VTOL to start doing what it do.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 204