Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 389909 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6225 on: September 13, 2016, 07:30:20 pm »

"Of course it feels Wrong. We're making a No Mans Land. An Absence of Energy. Literally an antithesis of organized existance. If and when it's activated, any animal in the right mind within a sixty or seventy mile range would run as far as it could away from it. It can and will stop any energetic impact if properly fueled."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Moshpit in the science labs: The Foxhound story)
« Reply #6226 on: September 13, 2016, 07:41:33 pm »

It all sounds weird, strange and advanced for the Gaian Magi, but they accept that it's probably some seriously advanced Wards fueled by the Eldritch horrors and powers that Mortals are never meant to touch.

Your Magi, of course, are totally fine with this.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: September 13, 2016, 07:44:46 pm »

"It's technically not fueled by eldritch horrors. It's fueled by souls and heat. Barring some beginner level rituals and a few summonings that I would really rather not touch. The majority of stuff is just soul manipulation for energy. Functionally Pseudonecromancy"

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:36 pm »

Vigil will put up his terra side date request out to the hire ups. Trying to state that Aria will be chaporoneing him and Wark on the walk terra side, which will only happen in a the forested area of the compound, anyway.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: September 13, 2016, 10:47:03 pm »

Zander will inquire about the cloned demigriffs, as he would like to start training as soon as possible. Also both doggos will get fitted into the power armor to get acclimated to them.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6230 on: September 13, 2016, 10:50:35 pm »

OK, first Zach plans to get a ward done which redirects any damage done to him through attempts to control the wasp to the monkey so that Zach DOESN'T kill himself.
Then he will restrain the wasps and have his .45 readied as a monkey soul is transferred to the wasp. After the soul integrates with the wasp biology, he will use that drone as a relay to the other drone then if that all works he will relay his mind control of the monkey soul/wasp body to the wasp warrior.

If any of the animals turn violent to him at any time, he will promptly shoot them.

Steve, ever the helpful one, helps in drawing wards to put monkey souls into wasps.

The result were just about as they expected. The brain-dead wasp 'gasps' to life as the Monkey slumped, it's soul moved to the Alien. This lasted exactly 3 second before the monkey's body began convulsing, blood pouring liberally out of it's orifaces before it suffers catastrophic  cardiac arrest, it's major organs ceased to function and the critter expires within 10 seconds after the first transfer, and thus the wasps slumps back into it's resting place like a puppet with it's strings cut.

Your plan to integrate monkey souls to Aliens failed spectacularly.
"Sure, what's up?" The ever-helpful Steve said as he came over to help you out in what you need.

"Steve, you helped me try and put the monkeys into the wasps earlier, an attempt which failed spectacularly. How would you suggest that I gain control over them? They're an enemy we'll be facing in the future for certain and if I can successfully hijack them then that's an entire species of enemy reduced to a complete non-threat while I live. Right now, though, I can't even control one. I shouldn't be having any trouble with it, I know from when I was linked with the hivemind that I should be strong enough to control at least one. Argh!" Zach hits the wall in anger.
"How do you propose to hijack them? If we merely separate them from the hivemind such as the system R&D has, they can still fight, albeit without any ulterior direction, but they can still lash out at us. If I can control them, then we could build up an entire army completely free of charge."
"Sure, Robots would also work, but robots tend to be expensive and clunky. I feel that using robots would just be a waste of my powers."
"Ultimately, after I can figure out a system to control these things," he indicates the wasps with his thumb, "I plan to get a genetically modified strain which would, for all intents and purposes, be semi-human in that they would know enough to be self-sustaining and utilise technology. Just imagine a swarm of these things, with advanced military training and modern armor, raining down on the enemies of Akras."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: September 14, 2016, 02:11:02 am »

Steve was unimpressed. Shrugging, he said "Robots are much more effective and can be cheaply produced far faster than a spliced wasp can. If you want to control one then get a heavily spliced wasp. I suggest using a Relay of sort as a 'Translator' so you're not trying to directly make them move but let the translator tell them to move themselves. I still doubt it's worth getting a wasp army, though. Waste of time. And how are you even going to feed them?"

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6232 on: September 14, 2016, 02:44:20 am »

Steve was unimpressed. Shrugging, he said "Robots are much more effective and can be cheaply produced far faster than a spliced wasp can. If you want to control one then get a heavily spliced wasp. I suggest using a Relay of sort as a 'Translator' so you're not trying to directly make them move but let the translator tell them to move themselves. I still doubt it's worth getting a wasp army, though. Waste of time. And how are you even going to feed them?"
"I don't give a shit about robots, Steve. And when we go through that Gate, I'm not facing robots. I'm out there facing sentient and sapient creatures which will be trying to kill us. I need to be able to invade another creature's mind effectively and not kill myself. If I can turn them against each other, then that's even better and makes them less of a problem."
"Now, how would I set up a translator or relay? I tried using the wasp drone as a bit of a relay, but that failed miserably."
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: September 14, 2016, 11:43:46 am »

Steve thoughts for a moment, rubbing his non-existent beard. "Well, they're literally aliens. If you try mind-controlling a human then I'm sure you'd have no problem at all. So here's my suggestions, get the guys in the Biolab to grow you a wasp brain, especially the big ones. Preferably after they locate which part of it's brain functions as Psionic bits. Just grow a really big bit of that. And since it's just a brain with no other function THAN Psionics, then with a little splicing to add in a 'receptor' that reacts to your mind-control, you should be able to make a kind of Forci for your powers specifically designed for wasps."

The man sips some juice before continuing. "Essentially, you want a Hivemind gun, basically. A Porta-mind or something like that. Carry around a blank hivemind where you're the one ordering it and it'll broadcast those orders where you point it, or something like that. It'll probably cost a shitton, though. But that's about the only way I can think of that doesn't involves summoning some eldritch outsider that have a specialty in mind-controlling."

---

Vigil will put up his terra side date request out to the hire ups. Trying to state that Aria will be chaporoneing him and Wark on the walk terra side, which will only happen in a the forested area of the compound, anyway.

The Higher Ups said that Terra no longer have any forest, so they want to know if Vigil meant Gaiaside.

If he wants, he could walk WITHIN the compound, as long as he don't go past the walls. Akras honestly doesn't give a shit of what people sees from outside anymore, they can explain anything.

Zander will inquire about the cloned demigriffs, as he would like to start training as soon as possible. Also both doggos will get fitted into the power armor to get acclimated to them.

The Doggos got fitted into their Exo Suits, it's quite awesome. It even came with built-in HUD for assisted aiming and manual targeting with weapon mounts!

The Demigryphs are being cloned right now, they're not fully grown yet, though. But if you want, you can have a baby demigryph now. It's extremely adorable.

"It's technically not fueled by eldritch horrors. It's fueled by souls and heat. Barring some beginner level rituals and a few summonings that I would really rather not touch. The majority of stuff is just soul manipulation for energy. Functionally Pseudonecromancy"

That seems to explain stuff enough for the Magis and they got back to work copying runes onto their own plot of wall/ground.

It's about now that Tal notices some commotion by the main entrance to the compound at the walls. A few more Securities seems to have been called over as well.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: September 14, 2016, 03:28:53 pm »

Tal zooms in with his helmet. Now what exactly is occurring?

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: September 14, 2016, 03:34:24 pm »

((If it's the kobolds, tranq'em. Please don't kill Chad. Please.))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: September 14, 2016, 03:40:35 pm »

It is the most hatred species known to man.

Lawyers.

With several police officers angrily waving a warrant at the faces of any Security that's close enough, demanding entrance.

Your ears swivels to hear better [A big breakthrough from R&D, mind you. Making those audio equipment swivel like radar is like, the best possible thing they can make happen to your original static 'ears'.]

It seems that these guys have warrants to search the facility for one thing or another, Security is already Radioing the Higher-ups informing them and asking what to do. Each time they asked, the answers have always been to deny them entrance.

Akras doesn't give a flying fuck if the entire State's military come camping at their doors, non-Akras Personals are not allowed through that gate. Even if they have warrants.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 03:42:42 pm by vkiNm »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: September 14, 2016, 03:42:48 pm »

Frazz, upon hearing the commotion, briefly pauses the "educational Video" he was being forced to watch and heads towards it. He radios Tal:
"Want me to scare them off? That would be fun. And if you don't they are gonna see me anyway."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: September 14, 2016, 03:48:27 pm »

"No Frazz. Wait until they try breaching the compound. Then you have free reign to ripmaimtear."

"Magi, lets get these wards up faster, looks like we got ourselves a time limit. I'm going to go get some drones specced to speed up scribing. Be back shortly."

Tal goes inside and heads down to R&D to pass them a copy of the Circle being drawn that needs to be sped up with drones.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: September 14, 2016, 03:56:36 pm »

"Not ripmaimtear. I was thinking just roaring really loudly, maybe fire-balling one of their cars. You know, basic stuff."
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 612