Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390530 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5040 on: August 09, 2016, 06:01:34 pm »

Frazz concentrates inwardly, trying to replicate his communication with Bill
"Uh, Mr. Voice dude, just wanted to say not everyone here is bad. Mostly it's just this Tal guy. The rest of us have no say."

(When in doubt, blame leader who shelled random nearby wildlife for NO REASON)
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: August 09, 2016, 06:09:11 pm »

Frazz concentrates inwardly, trying to replicate his communication with Bill
"Uh, Mr. Voice dude, just wanted to say not everyone here is bad. Mostly it's just this Tal guy. The rest of us have no say."

(When in doubt, blame leader who shelled random nearby wildlife for NO REASON)

You feel an intense offense, like when you told a SJW that their gender is fictional.

You think the voice may be female and you just called it a man.

You think it found that very offensive.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: August 09, 2016, 06:16:39 pm »

((Mentally))

" My Bad! My Bad! Sorry!"
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: August 09, 2016, 07:00:51 pm »

"Everyone, sit. Be as calm and quiet as possible. We can only protect you if you do. Amber when I get back, I will answer your questions, first. I will answer others afterwards, but I will let her choose who asks. Remember. Keep quiet and seated unless I say otherwise."

With that, he put the tablet somewhere safe, for later
And ran over to Tals side.

"Explain what happened in words I can understand."
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: August 09, 2016, 07:18:24 pm »

"Mental protection from resident telepath or entity. Underlying hive mentality implies projector is the hive's primary mind. Aka Queen equivalent in terrestrial insects. It appears to have made an attempt to hijack minds. Fairly obviously failed."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: August 09, 2016, 07:36:21 pm »

The leaves have burned away, letting your drone see through the smoke onto the burning ground. The hardened raisin seems to mark the entrance and is big enough to fit a bear through if you wanted, probably.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: August 09, 2016, 07:46:11 pm »

Fire another incendiary. This time directly through the opening.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: August 09, 2016, 09:58:22 pm »

"So. . .  We are under attack by big psych ants?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: August 09, 2016, 09:59:23 pm »

Frazz runs over to where Tal is

"NO!!! Tal, can we try NOT blowing the crap out of a sapient/sentient entity for once!?!? This guys/girls/bugs are obviously on the defensive, it seems like this would be a good time to attempt some sort of negotiation. I mean, they probably just demand food. Which we can supply through clones. Give me some time to get info from the Plebes. Could you please trust me about this?"

Frazz also waltzes over to where the villagers are, casually nabbing a translator from a nearby Wiznerd.

"Greetings. I am Frazznarok. I mean no harm, and none shall befall you if you comply. I apologize sincerely about your men. That was not what i wished. Rest assured that those who disobeyed me will be punished. I have a question for you all: Have any of you encountered a nest of large insects? Do you have any information of their habits?"

((Yaknow, i get that Tals sociopathic and all, but i severely doubt that he would escape detection or suspicion if his solution to any problem was to destroy it. Thats a bit obvious.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 10:01:33 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: August 09, 2016, 10:25:31 pm »

"They made a psionic attack. So no. Neogations are off the table."

((Clarify? Context? Detection or suspicion from what?))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: August 09, 2016, 10:38:50 pm »

"We have." The Tablet translates from a man.

"We had to sacrifice children to them every year." Translated from the Elder who shot Zander. "Many men went to try and stop the sacrifice, they never returned."

Meanwhile, another shell loads into it's slot, the large cannon readjusts it's trajectory as the computer programs the shell to, instead of exploding above the forest, explodes after it penetrates the entrance.

With it's order received and ballistics calculated, the Mobile base shook slightly again from the large cannon's fire. The large shell sent along it's way, this time staying in one piece until it hits the hardened raisin wall hastily constructed to keep the fire out. It stood no chance against the large artillery shell and shatters, the shell travels a little deeper inside before it erupts.

Out from the entrance came a tower of flames as the large incendiary shell explodes, Napalm pouring into the hive, burning oxygen and biomatter with chemical fire.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5051 on: August 09, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »

"Ya'know Tal, maybe they wouldn't be so pissed off if you hadn't, you know, fired a cannon into their home?" He continues meditation as best he can
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: August 09, 2016, 11:39:49 pm »

"They had it coming if you payed attention to the Peasent."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5053 on: August 10, 2016, 02:33:28 am »

"This is genocide, Tal. Maybe if they had attacked first or we had learned of the villager's sacrifices before we blasted it with artillery, I would be able to sanction it. As it is, Tal, we have launched an assault on a town which may as well have been defenceless, and we have now initiated an assault against an entity we have no personal grudge against. It has at least had enough decency to attempt to communicate with us once we started bombardment, Tal. You know what? This entity is more human than you are. "

"Stop shooting the entrance. What exactly do we stand to gain from shooting them up? Tal, you're turning into a senseless murderer. I have an idea, why don't we reason with it? For all we know, it could be happy to reason with us. Can you think of any reason why something being shot at may not want to come out?"

All this is said without so much as opening his eyes. He continues meditation
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: August 10, 2016, 03:47:48 am »

"Our mission. In its exact words is 'Pacify and sieze control of all potential assets.' As the hive is clearly a potential asset in the form of Genological Samples. As well as very clearly contains a local Denizen or Entity. It is a prime target for Pacification. Should the entity provide a transmission of unconditional surrender, then it is to be warded, bound, and kept for use by Akras. As it is. The entity has made a subversive psionic attack. We are responding accordingly. We are not here to negotiate. We are not here to play nice. We are here To Make A Profit. Is that clear?"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 05:21:28 am by Kevak »
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 612