Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 390527 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Into the Trees)
« Reply #5025 on: August 07, 2016, 11:19:27 pm »

Zach's meditation seems to only go so far. It's a little hard trying to find a nice, quiet place to just sit down and meditate while people are talking over the Comms and there's the hum of the mobile base vibrating underneath you..

Vigil's singing is.. sub-par. But luckily the villagers couldn't understand him anyway so it probably sound fine to them. The Girl he's been holding have regained her strength and is looking around and examining the man that's holding her.

All the while Frazz look over the villagers. So far, other than that old MAG Rifle, there isn't any other Akras artifact on them.

You've got some time before you reach the hive, does anybody want to do something before that happens?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: August 07, 2016, 11:45:52 pm »

Tal will spend the next bit scanning the general vicinity of the hive with airborn drones.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: August 08, 2016, 12:16:30 pm »

Some amount of time passed with no catastrophic event,

The scouting drones allowed you to see that the hive is concealed quite well underneath all these giant trees. Going through them might risk getting tangled or worse, so you can't really see much other than using Thermals and Infrared.

Fortunately, the hive itself is kept warm despite it's denizens appearing to be cold-blooded, some cooling corpses of other animal shapes are also seen near the entrance.

Your mobile base comes within artillery striking range.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: August 08, 2016, 12:18:25 pm »

Fire an artillery round. Incendiary prefered. Lets smoke those bugs out. That and burn away the surrounding foligue.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: August 08, 2016, 12:41:22 pm »

The base's largest turret moved, it's lone cannon barrel lined up to the sky as the scouting drone painted target for them.. computer calculated kinetic trajectory within milliseconds, the smart shell gets it's programming a millisecond later as it gets loaded into the firing chamber and locked in.

brief moment later, a thunderous boom declared itself known, vibrating throughout the entire base like a cranky leviathan, announcing the start of another fight that most people probably aren't even going to see. The villagers flinched, clearly startled at the sound of an angry god throwing a tantrum.

"Hey guys, I think the Translation app is finished." Steve said to anyone who may be near the captured villagers, unaffected by the sound and vibration of a large cannon being fired. He hands it to whoever might wants to talk to the villagers.

Meanwhile, the fired large canister shell bursts mid-air on it's descent towards the targeted area, dozens of sub-munition was sent flying out before they too explode mid-air just above the treeline, raining napalm onto the targeted area. Many trees caught on fire immediately as hell rained from above, the hive, of course, immediately reacted by retreating into the entrance and begin covering it up. Whatever carcasses that were left outside were pulled into the hole with ease as it was being covered up.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: August 08, 2016, 12:43:17 pm »

"And now we wait a bit. They'll need to come up for air eventually. And we need to wait a bit for a nice clearing to burn."

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: August 09, 2016, 01:14:50 am »

Vigil will take it, quickly. Letting the little girl to herself, though not letting her stray more than  two arms lengths.

"How does this thing work? How do I tell the. . . . Maybe it will help if I. . . Help? Do I just speak into this? Can you all understand me, now?"
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: August 09, 2016, 12:10:28 pm »

"Yeah, you just.. you just speak into it." Steve said, helping Vigil with the app. Once he speaks into it, it croaks out some words and the villagers seems to perk up at that, they immediately begin speaking at you, and that butchered the translation program and it came out as something like 'This is help eggplant dirt cut sky where dirt person night eggplant horse.'

Then Steve froze, all the Wiznerds froze briefly. Everyone who have ever tried meddling with magic at all at any point in their lives feel an overbearing presence, one that doesn't.. feel magical in nature, something more raw. More feral, more base. The very same Zach felt earlier, Something the wards was not meant to block, or maybe it tried and failed.

You feel.. an understanding. It was not like someone speaking Terran common at you, but like directing an understanding at you and you understood. “Who dares to disturb my domain?” It was in the area behind your eyes, like a tingling on your brain bits that you didn't know you had. It was also weird as fuck that you could understand what is meant to be said without actually having it said.

It took you a few seconds to recoil from the strange sensation before another burst of understanding came. “My hive has stood for all of three-hundred cycles of the ever-binding darkness. Come and feed the Hive…” And you understood. It was almost tempting, even, to serve the hive, to feed it with anything you have, and failing that, yourself.

But human are greedy creatures in nature, and no amount of base temptation can override your desire for just one more hour of Half Life 3, or that company paid vacation, or that new VR headset. Proving once and for all that modern human's desire are far stronger than whatever base desire it tries to tickle you into.

To Vigil, he'd just see Steve freeze up for a second and the girl, whom he have learned her name as Amber, nodded.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: August 09, 2016, 12:35:53 pm »

"Alrighty. Sounds like we found D005. Telepath. Corporeal form likely. Potentially minor entity status. Unlikely."

"Oi. Magi. Figure out which wards had a reaction and expand from there."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: August 09, 2016, 12:38:30 pm »

Aria, who's not even considered messing with magic, is confused. "What happened?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: August 09, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

"Psionic projection with an influence attempt embedded. Implies target has hivemind and therefore realtime responses to incursions. Also implies close range combat against primary or nodeic creatures will be problematic due to potential of embedded influence attemps in communications. Strength likely increasing with proximity."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: August 09, 2016, 01:02:59 pm »

The Wiznerds runs around frantically checking wards to see which one reacts to this Psionic attacks, Techies also checked air ventilation to make sure that no foreign hormone or something is leaking in.

Trees are still burning, but a clearing is coming along nicely, some trees turned to charred remains already.

"Weird, I don't feel anything." Says Maximus.
"Neither do I." Says Jenny.
"Someone's feeling something?" Asked A. Carmine from his seat, confused.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: August 09, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »

"Likely you aren't very Aware of the flow of energy and as a result, were unable to notice it."

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: August 09, 2016, 03:39:10 pm »

Zander who had very briefly messed with magic before deciding it wasn't for him, now regretted messing with at all in the first place.

"Well that was unpleasant, so whats the plan boss. That hive can probably take a pounding and i'm not looking to go in there."
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: August 09, 2016, 03:44:43 pm »

"Smoke them out. Why do you think we launched an incendiary shell at them? They only have so much air in there. And fire loves both filling low down places with smoke and burning away the oxygen at the same time."
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 612