Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll Pop?

One.
- 0 (0%)
Two.
- 0 (0%)
Three.
- 0 (0%)
The world may never know.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 10, 2016, 09:48:36 pm

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 612

Author Topic: Castle: Foxhound Chronicles (Choking your Bad Dragon in the Void)  (Read 391415 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Foxhound Squad (8/8) Become an intern TODAY!
« Reply #1830 on: January 20, 2016, 05:43:49 pm »

(Who has the higher total medical skill?))
((Jon has 2 points in first aid, a point in diagnosis and 2 points in surgery.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 20, 2016, 05:50:19 pm »

Arthur takes his carbine and nothing else.
((Carbines are very hard to conceal and the shopping centre (Because I'm Australian, ok?) security might not like people walking in with guns, even if we are expecting something OOCly to happen))
((I thought concealment wasn't the issue here, I'm pretty sure some other guys brought their rifles))
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1832 on: January 20, 2016, 05:52:47 pm »

"Oh, and, uhh... Shotgun!" Zach says before anyone else can call it.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 20, 2016, 06:07:09 pm »

[Stuffing your van with guns and armor isn't the issue, since the company isn't going to stop you. bringing it into the mall itself though, might be. :P after all, your Company doesn't own the Megamall. And the Company who does own the Megamall might not take it so kindly in seeing Akras employees walking into his joint fully armed with heavy guns and armor.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 20, 2016, 06:14:16 pm »

Suddenly, a lightbulb from the ceiling falls on Arthur's head and convinces him to change his mind. Guess he won't bring his gun.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 20, 2016, 06:29:02 pm »

Having braced himself for further experimentation with eldritch magicks, Jon returned to the room Tal's in. He'll skim through the book for things like accessories/eldritch runes/tattoos/whatever that would improve the capabilities of the one using them. If there are no things like that, he'll ask an intern to bring him a target. Any target. Gotta desensitize myself to magical effects. And gore.

[I've totally missed this, sorry. :P]

Though you didn't get to butcher monkeys to get yourself desensitized, you did recall having seen quite a few Eldritch accessories, runes and tattoos. Which are more of self-carving using a ritual knife. And you're pretty sure they're supposed to fuel your body with black magic and Eldritch horrors. You know, the unpleasant stuff. The names are tempting, though. Such as 'Indomitable will.' , 'unprecedented strength' , 'unmatchable agility' and the likes. And while there's pictures of the sigils/tattos/runes that needs to be carved, there are no end results for you to see.

Eldritch accessories boasts a more subtle effect, though. One being an 'Amulet of dread' that probably frightens people or something like that, probably. 'The one ring to rule them all' sounds suspiciously familiar, though. And there are plenty more horrible goodies for you to dig into once you have the time.

Speaking of which, you could probably forego guns entirely and just keep your iron ritual knife concelaed. And if problems arises, you can throw black-motherfucking-magic at them like it's the middle ages.

Though the shitstorm when footage of Akras employees using Eldritch magic goes out is going to be absolutely massive, probably.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 20, 2016, 06:58:30 pm »

Suddenly, a lightbulb from the ceiling falls on Arthur's head and convinces him to change his mind. Guess he won't bring his gun.

Arthur's about to leave the room, when he realizes he has to screw the lightbulb back in. He screws it back in and has an idea!

He packs his knife.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 20, 2016, 07:23:20 pm »

Invite an intern for a very experimental treatment. If said intern seems reluctant, attempt temptation with the possibility of becoming very STRONK. Or agile. Or having an unbreakable will. Depends on what the intern would like. Once intern has been acquired, sedate him or her and carefully apply runes onto subject's body. (Surgery should help with the precision of cutting, probably).

After documenting the results of the experiment, take my ritual knife and join the mall team.

Ponder the possibility of enhancing my magical prowess by painting eldritch patterns onto my clothing or armor.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:26:21 pm by Hawk132 »

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 20, 2016, 08:37:09 pm »

Prevent Jon from doing this experiment on the basis that all the interns have gone into hiding. Also, grab a couple of mini-stims and a few bottles of random corrosive crap that Frazz has lying around. Inject self with mini-stim, then carry Jon to the car before he gets us all fired

((Edit: Frazz knows exactly what the One Ring is, being an Uber-Nerd, and thus decides Jons had enough right when he glances over and sees that passage))
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 08:39:38 pm by LordPorkins »
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 20, 2016, 08:40:00 pm »

((But I'm doing it only if the intern agrees. That means whatever happens to the intern is his/her own fault. Any damage the subject incurs is no responsibility of mine.))

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 20, 2016, 08:40:47 pm »

Zander while liking to blend also has a flair for the dramactic, he decides to go for the flair and wears his duster, boots, belt, and of course hat. Hidden by his duster he has duster 9.11 strapped as well as his iron dagger, he also straps his melot knife to his right leg hidden by his boot. He will also were the lightly armored vest.

Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:11 pm »

((There are no melots in this universe. This means the knife is a normal knife.))

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 20, 2016, 08:42:18 pm »

"Thats nice Jon. Now shut up and stop squirming"

*continues carrying Jon to car*
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 20, 2016, 08:43:35 pm »

"B-but what about the science, Frazz? The science!"

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 20, 2016, 08:52:19 pm »

Interns everywhere let out a collective sigh that they've been holding once Foxhound make their way to the provided Van with whatever they decided to bring to the mall with them.

Then they realized that Tal is still within the building..

---

From what Jon have read of his translated copy, applying Eldritch runes to clothings and armor will most likely work. As long as there is a surface to draw/etch on, Eldritch powers can be channeled to. With some creativity, sacrifices and the right reagents and a lot of chanting, one could probably strengthen a plain shirt to have as much defense as a Kevlar vest.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 612