Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44178 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #510 on: August 12, 2015, 01:14:47 pm »

Helga, how long can we survive on the CO2 recyclers if we turn off the life support system? And could we escape the asteroid field in that time?

((You guys are way too afraid of the unknown, planning far too much. I might start throwing spanners are trepidation! ;) ))

I'm not going to even attempt to start calculating hours and minutes on this sort of thing. Keep in mind that you've got this huge ship full of breathable air. You're not going to die from having life support turned off for a few hours. As for escaping the asteroid field, you can always just stop, refill on air, keep moving again.

That is a fine answer. Thats basically what I wanted to know in the first place. Turn off life support and bring the shields and weapons online. XO Commander has full access to anything he needs. Navigators have any permissions they need to get us out of this situation. Gun clearance granted to anyone with training. Railguns, up to XO obviously.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 12, 2015, 03:36:58 pm »

Spoiler: apologies (click to show/hide)

((Okay so, before we move onto the next episode; railguns are manned, shields and weapons are powered, and where are you heading? And are you picking up any ice along the way?))
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:40:04 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 12, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »

(That's mostly up to the navigators, but I'd like to head for the nearest planet that can support Earthlike life. If there is one within scannable range. With the water system on, don't we have plenty of water? I thought the problem was that the system was off.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 12, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

(That's mostly up to the navigators, but I'd like to head for the nearest planet that can support Earthlike life. If there is one within scannable range. With the water system on, don't we have plenty of water? I thought the problem was that the system was off.)

((Nay, on the spreadsheet there's like, only a few gallons of water aboard)).
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 12, 2015, 03:49:57 pm »

(Hmmm, we will stop to get ice from asteroids once mostly away from the space beasts. Or when we absolutely need it. Any planets or anything of interest on the scanner?)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 12, 2015, 03:53:01 pm »

((There is no ice reachable that isn't by those creatures. We absolutely need it quite soon. Water is very important. If we use our last box of materials to fix the Cargo Room and power the water system, then we can stretch it out a little, but we're also going to need fuel, which I'm guessing we process from materials. Of which the easiest and nearest source are asteroids.))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 12, 2015, 03:57:53 pm »

A pool of Dwarven Ale.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 12, 2015, 04:00:39 pm »

Hmmm...that's a lot of chatter going on communications.

Muslim leaves the Infirmary and enters the Bridge to see there alien filled predicament first hand.

"Captain, why don't take course to that source of water that Helga mentioned was 90 Kegars or so away?"

((OOC: I know I'm talking IC to OOC, but whatever.))
Max avatar size is 80x80

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 12, 2015, 04:49:18 pm »

Get us out of here, avoid the lifeforms wherever possible.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 12, 2015, 05:10:13 pm »

Get us out of here, avoid the lifeforms wherever possible.

(+1) Find an icy asteroid where we wont be bothered too much. Plot a course for that. Once we fill up our water reserves, we will get out of this asteroid field toward safer space.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:12 pm »

Follow captain's orders.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 12, 2015, 05:42:26 pm »

Episode 3: The Kentucky Ice Mining Operation

Event

The Deimos's thrusters spark and choke into action after many, many years of inactivity and pulls away at a slow pace. The navigator Catherine Goodman takes it as a slow pace to get back into the swing of things, dodging asteroids, rocks and aliens alike. One swings close overhead of the forewindow, where you can see it is wrapped in a ball like an old Earth fossil.

Due to the shields being online, anything smaller than a sizable asteroid bounced away with a beautiful ripple of aqua-coloured shielding, which faded back into the invisible shield surrounding them - including the alien floaters. Nethertheless, the Railguns were manned, just in case.

The Captain leaves her to it to check on the crew and returns a while later to find the blue-white trail behind a similarly blue-white asteroid hurtling amongst the other rocky formations.

Pulling alongside it and setting the ship into the same rotating speed, giving control to HELGA to make micro-adjustments, the Captain gives the crew the nod - who's going out?

Engineer Ashton Garrett reports that the storage tanks could take a thousand gallons of water, which could take a while to mine by-hand - not to mention that fuel is in constant use right now to keep up with the ice asteroid, and we run the risk of having a collision and needing to make a quick escape - leaving the possibility of stranded miners on the asteroid. Long story short, the longer we mine, the more water we get, but the higher the risks of things going very wrong, and more fuel being used.

Tony Laev's situation has stabilized and now he's able to move around the ship, albeit very, very carefully.

Choose wisely.

((Please also remember you've got a bunch of crewmembers unable to play as they're in quarantine. Loose them when you feel they're safe to do so, or at least, interact with them somehow)).

((Spreadsheet OP updated))

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:02:08 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 12, 2015, 09:43:29 pm »

Figure out what the white shit the alien spewed out when injured is, what it does, predicted reactions to if it ended up in a human, and nutrient value. Also figure out nutrient value of the alien. Digestible doesn't mean much. Rocks are digestible.

Also if time, attempt to locate seeds or some way to produce seeds. We need hydroponics.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 12, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

((Capable of passing through a digestive system, and capable of being digested, are different things :P))

"I can head out to mine it, Captain," Ashton says, face to face with the man for once. "If one of the gun-runners could help, that'd be real helpful. I would suggest we get four hundred gallons or so, and we all take real short showers."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 12, 2015, 09:51:23 pm »

I can help!
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44