Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44

Author Topic: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)  (Read 44128 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Sector Unknown (Spaceship RPG)
« Reply #525 on: August 12, 2015, 09:53:33 pm »

((Four hundred is way too small an amount. We need at least 2k, not a large enough safetynet, but still a net.))

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #526 on: August 12, 2015, 09:58:51 pm »

((Four hundred is way too small an amount. We need at least 2k, not a large enough safetynet, but still a net.))

(Check the OOC discussion on water systems.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: August 12, 2015, 09:59:55 pm »

Mac and Ashton are on mining duty. Thanks for volunteering.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 12, 2015, 10:01:47 pm »

Just don't leave me behind
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 13, 2015, 03:04:11 am »

Figure out what the white shit the alien spewed out when injured is, what it does, predicted reactions to if it ended up in a human, and nutrient value. Also figure out nutrient value of the alien. Digestible doesn't mean much. Rocks are digestible.

Also if time, attempt to locate seeds or some way to produce seeds. We need hydroponics.

On closer analysis, the white blood seems to be made of high-density white blood cell like matter. There's a possibility for medical application. The alien flesh itself is black and oozy. Analysis shows no toxicity to humans during consumption, how it would taste however is another matter.

Meanwhile, Mac and Ashton suit up and head to the exterior airlock. With mining equipment and a transport cable, they head out. Ashton hooks the transport cable from the ship airlock to the asteroid and heads down - Mac stays at the top to unload the goods as they come up. Mac applies to drill to the icy sections of the asteroid, breaking it off into chunks, then places it in the transport box on the line. With a push, this smoothly, slowly, works its way up to Mac who unloads, throws the ice into the airlock, then pushes the box back down. The process is slow and is transporting about a gallon per minute. Once in the airlock, presumably somebody carries it off to the water storage tank to naturally melt. Once activated the water system should be able to purify any impurities at a later date.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 03:05:43 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 13, 2015, 03:19:15 am »

Kiae pings the ship via the comms. "So, good news. The aliens appear completely edible and nutritious, no toxicity whatsoever. The food problem will cease to be an immediate issue if we kill a few and bring them onboard, they are after all the size of cows. Bladed cows, but still cows. Bad news is I have no idea how it will taste. If we had salt, I would advise adding it. However we don't have salt. Or anything else to season it with." Kiae attempts to see if the ship has a freezer or equivalent.

Kiae then goes and finds Dr Muslim. "Oi, you know that white liquid the alien bled? Seems like it might be possible to use it to bolster the immune system. Mind coming and looking at it? I'm not exactly as well versed in medicine as you are."

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 13, 2015, 11:49:11 am »

“Oh that’s good hear.” Muslim says. “I’ll go and gather more information from your discovery.”
The doctor tries to find out more about the alien blood.

“Hey Tony,” Muslim calls out from his work station. “You've recovered pretty quickly. I’m discharging you from the infirmary now. Just take it easy and you should be fine.”

Finally he pulls up the Infirmary comm. and announces into it.
“Attention to anyone in quarantine. It has been determined that you are safe to reenter the general population. If you still have any concerns, please see me in the Infirmary.”
Max avatar size is 80x80

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 13, 2015, 12:02:42 pm »

"Thanks, doc."

Tony stands up. It certainly didn't hurt as bad as it used to, but he still walked very slowly and carefully. He made his way to the bridge and checked whether there were any problems or if he could optimize fuel use.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 13, 2015, 04:46:14 pm »

The doctor tries to find out more about the alien blood.

During tests, the alien blood has shown similar effects as vinegar, salt and alcohol to wounds - antiseptic properties. Whilst this is a fantastic discovery, it's also worrying if the crew intended to eat the meat of these creatures. High-level consumption of antiseptic can be deadly. The meat would need to be drained or dried of blood, just to be on the safe side.

Tony stands up. It certainly didn't hurt as bad as it used to, but he still walked very slowly and carefully. He made his way to the bridge and checked whether there were any problems or if he could optimize fuel use.

Easing into one of the navigator's seat, Tony analyses the readings. Whilst HELGA is making wonderful work of micro-adjustments on their trajectory not to stray too far from the asteroid that Mac and Ashton are working on, Tony can see certain overcompensations that he could balance if he manually piloted the ship - which would save fuel. On the other hand, if he made a mistake he could wind up snapping the transport cable.

So far, Ashton and Mac have collected 137 gallons of water - once melted, anyway.

((Just noticed that I haven't stated the Water Storage Tank capacity. Sorry! I'm setting it at 750 for now, you can expand it with material boxes.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 04:51:42 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 13, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

"Only another two hours of this, eh Mac?" Ashton says, using the drill on another chunk of ice. Working in zero G was difficult, especially when you had to deal with tiny chunks of ice floating away that you were supposed to be harvesting.

She tries to look for a weakpoint in the ice and rock, to see if she could break off a large chunk all at once.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: August 13, 2015, 04:55:06 pm »

"Only another two hours of this, eh Mac?" Ashton says, using the drill on another chunk of ice. Working in zero G was difficult, especially when you had to deal with tiny chunks of ice floating away that you were supposed to be harvesting.

She tries to look for a weakpoint in the ice and rock, to see if she could break off a large chunk all at once.

((I'd go with this, but larger chunks wouldn't fit in the transport box  :P))
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 13, 2015, 04:58:15 pm »

((Who said anything about the transport box?))

((We have airlocks, and the Gravity Core can be/is turned off))
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 13, 2015, 04:58:58 pm »

((Who said anything about the transport box?))

((We have airlocks, and the Gravity Core can be/is turned off))

((..Sooo, you intended to lob the giant rock at the airlock?))

Edit;
Spoiler: It's a bit far (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 05:15:40 pm by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 13, 2015, 05:32:23 pm »

(They could carry them back, because 0 G. Just sort of monkey climb along the transport cable)

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 13, 2015, 07:23:02 pm »

((Do we have ice picks?
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 44