Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]  (Read 8597 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2015, 07:28:23 am »

The Mard continues developing their new secretion.

((I'm not awake enough to draw this out right now. Sorry.))

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2015, 01:25:16 pm »

Trapleons: Your species succesfully evolves the ability to retract themselves in their shells! It is easier to fend of predators now, which causes your population density to increase.
Retractableness: 2/2
Unspent evolution points: 1

Carvicts: The tip of the leg of the Carvicts grows sharper, and several barb-like extensions appear, making it easier for Carvicts to use tiny cracks in the rock to climb. Your territory expands to the lower edges of the Trench
Better Climbing: 1/1
Unspent evolution points: 0

Inanti: Most types of venom do no longer affect the Inanti, allowing them to spread their territory to the edges of the Hydrothermal vents. They are more easily spotted there however, making hunting harder.
Venom Resistance: 3/3

Wingeds: The Wingeds have grown incredibly strong in a few generations! They are easily able to shatter most shells and corals with a quick slap of their wingfins.
More Strength: 3/∞

Zanz: You continue eating large schools of Ironside-krill, causing your species' population to increase and your territory spreading further southward.
Unspent evolution points: 2

Baac-Dreh: Telepathic impulses have become more understandable for your species. They can signal Danger, Food and Currently Single to each other, but they have to be pretty close to each other to do this. As your species heads deeper into the caverns they start feeling the temperature and pressure rising, but this still doesn't seem to hurt them. Both the caves and creatures start growing bigger the further you head in, and some of you have infected extremely fast, worm-like fish the size of an Anaconda. They seem to be able to dig small tunnels through solid rock.
Telepathy: 2/4

Runt: The Runt continue on evolving their pressure and cold resistance, allowing them to swim higher and higher. Your population density increases since there's more space to swim.
Omnivority, Pressure and Cold Resistance: 2/4

Garooda: The Garooda continue hunting outside of the trench, growing fatter with every prey they take down. Some of them succumb to diseases and parasites carried by the foreign creatures, and a few of them have drifted off with a strong current, causing the population outside of the Trench to dwindle, whilst the population inside of the Trench is still steadily growing.
(What kind of random events were you thinking of?)

Quitions: Please at least mention the name of your species in your posts. It's not that hard and saves me a lot of trouble. The Quitions are starting to detect small differences in heat in the water, allowing them to avoid warm-blooded creatures more easily. Cold-blooded predators are harder, but not impossible.
Heat Detection: 2/3

Ironside Krill: You have started dropping Iron Balls of Krill on your predators. This seems to scare most of them for a little while, but usually, the Krill are not fast enough to get so high that the ball actually does some damage.
Unspent evolution points: 1

Seadain: The Seadain are now in possession of glands excreting chemicals that affect their current hosts. A generation ago, they used to be quite generic, but this generation possesses the ability to excrete different substances, based off your current host. This has greatly helped several species, which used to be incapacitated by pain fairly easy, but can now continue swimming instead of stopping. The Seadain population density greatly increases.
Glands 2/2

Mard: the Mard have developed a precious substance makes tissue grow extremely fast and removes pain from the area it is applied to. [!RANDOM MUTATION!] This substance also turns dead or infected tissue in wounds into energy for the Mard and their hosts, which is very beneficial for both of them. The Mard territory now also consists of the entire Central Hydrothermal Vents, Reefs and Caverns.
Healing Substance: 2/2

Perrangos: Your ancestors lived in the Southern Caves for centuries, but this new, reef dwelling variant called the Perrangos have clamed the entire Southern Reefs as their territory. They are an easy prey, because their luminescence attracts predators and makes it hard to hide for them. There is a lot of concurrence with the Carvicts for food, but in the end there is enough to keep your population stable.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:51:51 pm by Lord_lemonpie »

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2015, 01:33:02 pm »

Name of Race: Stone Bugs
Physical Description: Small hard shelled bugs that are about the size of a ladybug, and can blend into rocks very easily. Eat plankton and sometimes smaller animals or bugs.
Unusual Traits: They have the ability to suck in water, and shoot it out of there backside to go forward very fast.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 01:36:46 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2015, 01:35:11 pm »

(How do I get evolution points? I haven't had any for two turns.)
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2015, 01:36:59 pm »

Baac-Dreh: Continue developing telepathy. Use the new worms to dig out an area for us to live in. Send a few scouts deeper to look for new things.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 05:32:25 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2015, 01:51:37 pm »

(How do I get evolution points? I haven't had any for two turns.)
Gaaah, calculation mistake, sorry! Fixed it.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2015, 02:02:55 pm »

Runt keep doing their stuff, and if they weren't already doing that, start hunting single bigger animals by shooting stuff at them.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2015, 02:34:18 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 03:10:09 pm by tntey »
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2015, 02:43:19 pm »

Develop needle structured skin

Edit: Also begin crawling close to one another, giving colourful reactions when meeting
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:03:45 pm by Detoxicated »

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2015, 02:55:21 pm »

Zanz

increase the strength of the zanz's mouth harpoon to be able to pierce shell. Increase hunting of Trapoleons and Quitons.

Increase the Zanz's electroreception for better hunting.

Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2015, 02:57:16 pm »

Can i play? Or are there no more spots?
Wow.

Look at the title.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »

Develop needle structured skin
^^Name of your species

Trapleons Get rid of the sticky secretion and instead hunt using our camo shells, since you can't see red without light.  Also grow bigger.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 05, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »

Inanti: evolve the ability to change color(like an octopus) to be able to hide in any environment
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2015, 03:15:10 pm »

((I was thinking stuff like the temperature rises due to an earthquake activating a volcano. Or on a specific creature scale, a new disease is slowly decreasing your population if you don't think of a solution in 7 turns your species will die out.))

Evolution: better disease resistance

Garooda: Start Laing together with their mate once they have found one. This is so they can hunt together and help take off parasites that latch onto the skin of the Garooda.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 05, 2015, 03:41:57 pm »

Carvicts:

The world was becoming dangerous. As prey and predator alike grew stronger, so did the Carvicts. Only those with the thickest shells survived. Their carapace grew thicker, harder. Stronger, with the muscle to support the weight. Their armor angled to deflect impacts, and the poisonous spines migrated to non-disruptive locations, curving into the rest of the plate. They became harder, growing alongside the crustaceans rather than only in response to poison. The Mard could grow thicker on their shells now, a multi-layered composite of resilience, capable of regenerating quickly when broken thanks to the newly produced substance the symbiote now made.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11