Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]  (Read 8608 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of Evolution II [No Player Limit]
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2015, 05:26:38 pm »

Carvicts:

Life was good for the Carvicts. Food was plentiful. Predators that could harm them, scarce. The fungus growing on their shell had proven more help than hindrance, once the spines were free of interference. Now was a time of mating, and celebration, of a sort. Those Carvicts with this covering upon them survived more often than those without. It did not help them to get food, but it certainly helped them against predators, and even other parasites. Soon, those Carvicts whose shells encouraged the healthy growth of protective Mard on their backs, and slowly immunized them to the poison of the creatures they ate, would become dominant. Soon.

Evolve Symbiotic relationship with the Mard
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2015, 08:19:55 pm »

That's a really good map. Can you color our territories on it?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2015, 08:34:37 pm »

Start evolving stronger protection for umbrella. Use the pack hunting to take down larger creature.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2015, 01:50:52 am »

Name of Race: Graxid
Physical Description: Scaled humanoid creatures, their hands are tipped with claws and their feet likewise. They are by principal carnivores, but can eat like omnivores at the cost of happiness. They have a crest of small horns, and they have four eyes as well as a forked tongue.
Unusual Traits: They are very resistant to high and low temperatures, and their scales act as decent armor. They also can let dew collect on their scales, and use this as a secondary source of water.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 02:00:17 am »

Name of Race: Graxid
Physical Description: Scaled humanoid creatures, their hands are tipped with claws and their feet likewise. They are by principal carnivores, but can eat like omnivores at the cost of happiness. They have a crest of small horns, and they have four eyes as well as a forked tongue.
Unusual Traits: They are very resistant to high and low temperatures, and their scales act as decent armor. They also can let dew collect on their scales, and use this as a secondary source of water.
Wait how would they collect dew underwater?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2015, 02:00:51 am »

Vents.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2015, 04:10:04 am »

That's a really good map. Can you color our territories on it?
Thanks! I used Inkarnate, a free, online and easy to use program for making maps. Sadly enough it doesn't support an option like coloring territories/countries, and with this many players it would be a gigantic mess anyway.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2015, 10:28:43 am »

I just realized I completely forgot to mention a new rule I've been using this whole game. Every time someone chooses to evolve something, I've been rolling 1d20. If the outcome is 20,  your species gains a random, positive mutation, costing between 1 and 4 EP (rolled with 1d4). Sorry for not mentioning this before. 
Trapleons: Your species has starting to reproduce faster and faster, adding the entire north and a part of the central reefs to their territory.
Faster reproduction: 1/1
Unspent evolution points: 1

Runt: A new generation of Runt is able to fire their spikes as projectiles, making it way harder for regular predators to approach them. But, now that they lose their spines more often, they are somewhat more vulnerable until the spikes have regrown again. The Runt are starting to group together in larger swarms now, so that the vulnerable fish can be protected in the center of the group, but the groups are still a little bit too small to make this work effectively. Your territory has expanded to the western reefs.
Spine Ejection & Larger Schools: 2/3
Unspent evolution points: 0

Ironside Krill: Dense balls of food make a great distraction for predators, and the amount of Ironside Krill keeps growing, causing the arrival of some new, exotic species.
Seppuku Swarms: 1/1

Mard: Your species has started excreting spores, but most of them die before they manage to find a new host. Those that manage to latch onto other creatures however, are quite succesfull. Your territory expands to the western reefs.
Spore Excretion & Hard Shells: 1/3

Inanti: You succesfully spread to the Northern caverns. Your species has almost doubled it's size.
Grow Larger: 2/∞

Seadain: You can succesfully enter the bodies of both Runt and Trapleons, but both of them are too small to support a Seadain for more than two days without dying.

Garooda: Even though your species can now swim above the Eden Trench without feeling the pressure, the temperature is still a problem. The Garooda still keep feeding on the species in the warm trench. The new species, attracted by Ironside Krill are good prey for the Garooda.
Pressure and cold resistance: 2/3

Wingeds: Please add the name of your species to the action you are posting next time. The winged populations remain stable and nothing significant happens to them.

Baac-Dreh: Your species continues infecting others, but the hard shell, poisonous excretions and sharp spines of many of the local inhabitants make this difficult. Your creatures have mainly infected small fish and invertebrates, but a few more notable infections are: A great radial symetric creature with many sharp tentacles that acts like coral but propels itself at enormous speeds at potential prey, a humongous Carvict, a small Garooda and an immense, slug-like creature that feeds on coral. Your species spread to the northern part of the Western reefs and caverns.

You successfully evolve a symbiotic relationship with the Mard, which was easy because of the nature of the Mard. This forces you to eat more, but food is plentiful since the arrival of Ironside Krill, so this won't be very difficult. The spores the Mard have been starting to excrete also often confuse potential predators.
Symbiotic Relationship w/ Mard: 1/1

Quitions: Please add the name of your species to the action you are posting next time. The umbrellas of your species have hardened so much they have become shell-like shields, protecting the inside of the Quitions. [!RANDOM MUTATION!] These shells have the ability to change their colour, so that Quitions can easily blend in with their environment. This has allowed them to expand to the Central Caverns and the reefs surrounding your caverns. Quitions have taken down a large, slug like creature, but they are unable to devour it since they lack the ability to cut it to smaller pieces.
Harder Umbrella: 1/1

Mendiophic Zanzibrids: Two large groups of your species have been following an immense school of fish like beings, that in turn followed the Ironside Krill. This is how they arrived at the Eden Trench, and their current territory is the Northern Reefs.

Graxids: (Collecting dew on their scales would be impossible underwater, since there is no condensation, because you're completely underwater. It is also quite unnecessary because there's more than enough water in an ocean) Your species has been hunting the creatures swimming around the Hydrothermal vents for hundreds of years, and the recent arrival of Ironside Krill has made life a whole lot easier for you. You populate all of the Hydrothermal vents, except for the most southern ones .

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

Zanz

The packs begin hunting for food using their strange life sensing senses. They are cautious and spend some time learning what each electric signature correlates too. Eat things deemed as safe.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 01:23:27 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2015, 10:43:56 am »

The Runt will keep travelling around in packs and eating coral, but only attack those who get too close.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2015, 10:59:32 am »

How do we gain more EP?

Seadain
As it seemed the Runts and Trapleons were too small to support our life, and with no immediate genetic changes seeming to come about, The next step was a little bigger.... more of a leap.
Observe the Garooda. Note their immobility when consuming prey. While they are immobile, burrow into them and then live inside of them. Each Garooda will not be inhabited by more Seadain than it could support without dying.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2015, 11:21:44 am »

TRAPLEONS: continue breeding and expanding, eating and such, avoid the bigger fish and the fish with spikes, stay small for now, out of notice for the larger predators.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2015, 12:23:41 pm »

Quitions
Start developing a toxin that softens the flesh of the attscked to better be able to break things down. Then we can test how good our ability works. Also, what are the predators of the Quitions?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2015, 12:35:59 pm »

Baac-Dreh: Explore deeper into the caverns, and develop an extendable biological four-pointed harpoon so that we can pierce the defences of harder-to-infect creatures. Infect more creatures.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2015, 02:55:51 pm »

Continue Evolution

Now that the Garooda can venture out of the deeps for a reasonable length of time, start using the massive abominations as a food source. The Garooda will hunt them in pairs for necessity and too stop wounds and injuries from occurring.

How do we gain more EP?

Seadain
As it seemed the Runts and Trapleons were too small to support our life, and with no immediate genetic changes seeming to come about, The next step was a little bigger.... more of a leap.
Observe the Garooda. Note their immobility when consuming prey. While they are immobile, burrow into them and then live inside of them. Each Garooda will not be inhabited by more Seadain than it could support without dying.
You better evolve something to help me or I'm gonna evolve something to kick you out.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11